Santiaga 2012

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
10/04/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Spiteful
people trying to make a real impact shouldnt kill much time at all, let alone 20 hours a week.

She has logged on probably once in the last year or so. It likely took her 8 months to get from 80-85, where she still sits. She barely plays at all. The article is stupid and lie-filled in every possible way, and everyone who plays WoW should be appalled at the crap being spewed by that website.
Bane - you sound like a responsible adult. exciting, but probably not close to Senate exciting, right?

anyway, i know tons of really special people (in a good way) play this game.
but if youre young and want to do great things, i cant say playing games 20 hours a week is the best way to go.

(i believe in my initial response to this thread i said i was old-fashioned)

So exactly what have YOU contributed to society lately?
Why are you posting on a forum instead of out helping the elderly ect?
Santi is a level 85 rogue with 2746 lifetime HKs, wearing ilvl 345 gear.

It's pretty dim to paint someone like Santi as a hardcore mom's basement player.
me thinks that she ooked one of the republicans in the dooker in pvp and they want to call her out over it.
I've seen some WoW players on here saying if their politician played WoW they would drop them or wouldn't vote for them. That seems ridiculous! Are they held to a standard that you, yourself are not? If you think WoW really is bad for someone, anyone, then get off the game for your own good - you clearly have a low opinion of yourself!

As someone has already pointed out she is not even in Cata heroic gear so she probably quests, PvP and that's about it!

To be honest a politician who games is someone I want in charge! :P
And yet if she was a football fan, or baseball fan, watching 20 hours of games a week, this would be considered 'normal behavior'.
i think i would prefer it if politicians spend their time doing other things.
call me old fashioned i guess

Are you implying because you play wow, wow is the only thing you do?

Im very sure when she isnt playing wow, IN HER OFF TIME... That she is a fantastic politician.
10/04/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Leshalian
And yet if she was a football fan, or baseball fan, watching 20 hours of games a week, this would be considered 'normal behavior'.

BECAUSE 'MERICA Thats why! ...

Is it just me or are republicans becoming more and more abhorrent every election season.
i think i would prefer it if politicians spend their time doing other things.
call me old fashioned i guess

No, I disagree.
I think we need more politicians on WoW.

They won't do any worse that they are doing now.
10/04/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Concequence
Is it just me or are republicans becoming more and more abhorrent every election season.

Both major parties are.

And the funniest thing, their partisans are too, but they never see it.
Bane - you sound like a responsible adult. exciting, but probably not close to Senate exciting, right?

anyway, i know tons of really special people (in a good way) play this game.
but if youre young and want to do great things, i cant say playing games 20 hours a week is the best way to go.

(i believe in my initial response to this thread i said i was old-fashioned)

I also work in Government :P
As Santiaga's guild leader for that last several years, I can assure everyone that she does not and has never played as much as the GOP is claiming. She last raided in Wrath, which was two nights a week for a couple of hours. And then she took a longish break. She leveled in Cata very very slowly. So there is no way she plays that much. Just check her achievements.
10/04/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Dkosmama
As Santiaga's guild leader for that last several years, I can assure everyone that she does not and has never played as much as the GOP is claiming. She last raided in Wrath, which was two nights a week for a couple of hours. And then she took a longish break. She leveled in Cata very very slowly. So there is no way she plays that much. Just check her achievements.

And even if she did, I really don't see how it's relevant to her running for office. If she played three hours a night (which I don't believe would be possible while running for public office), that still wouldn't really be anyone's business, and it wouldn't mean she is unsuitable as a senator.

And if you see her, send her our support!

On another note, although I know the first impulse upon reading this as a WoW player is, "I should vote for her!", I still think her actual policy stances and focal messages should be the driving force behind any vote someone might make.

At the same time, I think the Republican Party of Maine should stop this attack, stop infantilizing WoW players and gamers, and take down that atrocious, libelous website.
10/04/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Perky
I don't know Santiaga or Colleen and I certainly don't live in Maine. I don't know that I'd agree with her political stances or that I would vote for based on her policies. That's not what this is about.

what this is about is that you would vote for her simply because someone attacked her for playing wow..thats just...irresponsible .

that's like saying that you would vote for Hitler because his opponent smeared him for having a silly mustache.

dont get me wrong. attacking her for her hobby (for example, would anyone make a big deal about knitting for 22hrs a week?) is wrong.
10/04/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Zarndor
Judging by her gear (no snarkyness intended) not that much) doesn't even look like she runs heroics let alone raids. Also not to mention looks like most of that stuff was early Cata meaning she probably has been focusing on the election more

She used to raid with us back in Wrath (she was in our main raid group through the first quarter of ICC) but she's been far too busy lately to do much. She works hard, despite what these people would have voters believe.
I love how playing a game that, probably, two thirds of the country also plays or has played at one time is some how a negative thing.
So, I donated via ActBlue to the Democratic Party of Maine fund. Maybe they can use some help backhanding the creeps who thought this was appropriate campaign material.
10/04/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Perky

And even if she did, I really don't see how it's relevant to her running for office. If she played three hours a night (which I don't believe would be possible while running for public office), that still wouldn't really be anyone's business, and it wouldn't mean she is unsuitable as a senator.

And if you see her, send her our support!

On another note, although I know the first impulse upon reading this as a WoW player is, "I should vote for her!", I still think her actual policy stances and focal messages should be the driving force behind any vote someone might make.

At the same time, I think the Republican Party of Maine should stop this attack, stop infantilizing WoW players and gamers, and take down that atrocious, libelous website.
I agree that the opposing party should not be using WoW against her. That's...well, idiotic. The snarky side of me thinks that this wouldn't have happened if she had just chosen to snort !@#$%^- off hookers' asses like "other" politicians. >.>

Really, a person can have their hobbies, and as long as the game is being played responsibly (as in, not neglecting your real life to play the game), all's good. She isn't the first nor the last famous person to have crossed that portal to Azeroth. I still remember the thing with Dave Chapelle, for one.
Who cares what they do in their free time? If they're getting things done while they're on the clock then they should be allowed to play as much WoW as they feel they can fit into their schedule.

I never get the American voters infatuation with elected officials personalities. So long as they have basic human emotions(Which can be demonstrated in their policies) and work to benefit their constituency it shouldn't matter if they seem like "a cool dude".

Also who cares what goes on in Maine? That states got like 15 people in it and all of them are busy harvesting lobsters.