Santiaga 2012

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
Considering U.S. politicians (especially in the Republican Party) spend their ON-THE-CLOCK work time:

1. Illegally (and un-constitutionally) suppressing other peoples' voting rights.

2. Illegally (and immorally) defunding Planned Parenthood.

3. Illegally (and unintelligently) cruising for gay sex in airports.

4. Illegally (although predictably) buying prostitutes and/or carrying on affairs.

5. Selling out their countrymen, military, and souls to the highest corporate bidder/lobbyist.

6. Changing laws and regulations to protect rich white criminals (sometimes retroactively).

7. Corruption (even as high as the supreme court), Fraud, Tax Evasion, Criminal Negligence, Lying, Cheating, Stealing.

Add to that all the people who download !@#$, play on Social Media sites, make personal calls, and yes, even play videogames DURING work hours.

Having said that, all Santiaga has to do is spend 1 hour per week in church, then she can as terrible a politician as she wants for the rest of the week. Oh and taking the lord's name in vain (for her own political gain) a few hundred times during her campaign wouldn't hurt.

Funny thing is US Politicians (especially in the Democrat party) have increased the budget into the trillions do all of the previous 7 items mentioned above and absolutely have the worst president in office right now since Jimmy Carter. How many vacations has that guy been on while the rest of us work our butts off?
LMAO ! ! ! Leberals ! ! I doubt they wll get it.
I'm mostly conservative and all I want to do is scold the outdated and irrelevant tactic utilizing person on the campaign who came up with this idea. You're making us look bad by being so desperate.
10/06/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Ihod
I don't like bringing politics into games, it's a fantasy world for a reason and RL issues should stay out Imo. I am a conservative but to be honest, the current GOP Establishment is really starting to irritate me. What someone does, including comments made about an online fantasy game is NOT an issue to bring into a political race. Political figures are human too and are allowed to have personal life within the law. I would vote for her just to piss off the GOP in Maine. Certain aspects of a persons personal life are off limits and this is one of them.

You are ignorant to think that character assassination and smear tactics are only tools of the GOP. Don't even dare tell me that if the situation was reversed, that Democrats would not attack a GOP candidate for something they enjoy doing on their own free time.

You may be conservative, but you are getting suckered into the same double standards set forth and propagated by the institutional left. Take a step back, and ask yourself if that's where you want to be.

That being said, the fact that a state senatorial candidate plays WoW is really a big fat nothingburger to me. I wouldn't be deterred from voting for them because they play WoW, and likewise I wouldn't vote for them because they play WoW.

However, in the event that they were elected into office, I would be very wary as a constituent if I saw them online for more than a few hours a day. I have a full time job as an engineer and I could easily be much more productive if I spent more time away from WoW.
I just checked out the Colleens World website nd read most of her comments as well. Yeah, she really needs to stay out of Politics. You really don't need someone with this kind of mindset calling the shots in your state. I doubt that she will get the message however. Most if not all left wing Liberal Democrats are extremely narcissistic and when "Normal" people try to point them in a direction that would not be so self destructive towards themselves or others, they seem to take it on as personal challenge that "They Can Do it if They Just Set Their Mind To It". Unfortunately others see their losing struggle, take sympathy and rally to the cause. When that happens, people like "Santiaga" have a pretty good chance of getting into the state senate. The Old Say is "If it looks Right, it probably is Right". After reading all of he in game comments on the Colleens Website, I would definately not voter for her. She just doesn't seem......Right :)
10/06/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Baell
Most if not all left wing Liberal Democrats are extremely narcissistic and when "Normal" people try to point them in a direction that would not be so self destructive towards themselves or others, they seem to take it on as personal challenge that "They Can Do it if They Just Set Their Mind To It".

I often wonder how someone lives their life and does normal things on a day to day basis when they're as out of touch with reality as you are.

And there are many others who would often wonder the same of you. Just sayin...
10/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Skeeno
I just checked out the Colleens World website nd read most of her comments as well. Yeah, she really needs to stay out of Politics. You really don't need someone with this kind of mindset calling the shots in your state. I doubt that she will get the message however. Most if not all left wing Liberal Democrats are extremely narcissistic and when "Normal" people try to point them in a direction that would not be so self destructive towards themselves or others, they seem to take it on as personal challenge that "They Can Do it if They Just Set Their Mind To It". Unfortunately others see their losing struggle, take sympathy and rally to the cause. When that happens, people like "Santiaga" have a pretty good chance of getting into the state senate. The Old Say is "If it looks Right, it probably is Right". After reading all of he in game comments on the Colleens Website, I would definately not voter for her. She just doesn't seem......Right :)

I haven't read the comments on the website, but you can often judge someones character and how well they would do in a position of power by simply observing their demeanor and behavior outside of their professional occupation. Look at what happened with Anthony Weiner.

I would be cautious if I were a voter in Maine.
Hello? Did you read her blogs? I think that's more the aim they're going for. She rolled a rogue because she "likes to stab things" AND "I can kill people and not go to jail" LOL. I mean, seriously, what a whack job! No wonder our country is in a mess right now. And, a double whack job to her for thinking you can learn how to stab things LOL Seriously, stabbing someone in real life would be much different than in a game. So, they're not going after WoW or its players but her mental attitude.
You know... if someone called me out with my real name on the forums, blizz would take that down pretty quick.
What are republicans going to do in 20 years when almost every candidate will have played some sort of online game? People who grew up with the dawn of MMO's are most likely in their 30's now. I am in my 20's and almost everyone I went to high school with played counter strike. Does that mean we all enjoy shooting people? Seriously this just seems so out of touch and like old people screaming " Get Off My Lawn" Video game's are a part of everyday society for most people below 35.
10/06/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Chalkoutline
What are republicans going to do in 20 years when almost every candidate will have played some sort of online game? People who grew up with the dawn of MMO's are most likely in their 30's now. I am in my 20's and almost everyone I went to high school with played counter strike. Does that mean we all enjoy shooting people? Seriously this just seems so out of touch and like old people screaming " Get Off My Lawn" Video game's are a part of everyday society for most people below 35.

And there are many others who would often wonder the same of you. Just sayin...

How exactly am I out of touch with reality?

If you're willing to tell me that Obama has done a good job the last four years as president and is worth voting for a 2nd time I'll answer that question for you.
I'm a republican, but this is just stupid. Who cares if she plays WoW? If that's the worst ammo they got, she's gonna be a landslide winner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnZfV4R_qk

Gotta love the republican spin machine......the website I went to (ColleensWorld) had excerpts of posts she wrote in 2004! In 2004 she probably wasn't even thinking of her "political career". Also if these posts were made on a guild or wow forum what does any of it have to do with her ability to run policy. I for one would be more concerned with her lack of experience than how she spends her time.
I am a pediatric nurse irl and I play a hunter because ever once in awhile I like to feel like Hawkeye from the Avengers...doesn't mean I am going to pick people off from the roof of my house but it also doesn't mean I should be running for congress....
10/04/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Spiteful
you can do whatever you want with your time and be successful, but if you are young and in school, i think it is a safer bet to spend your time doing other stuff.

It's very very simple.

It's none of your damned business what they do with their free time.

Don't like it? Tough. Deal with it.

The Maine Republican Party is desperate, as their only notable elected member (Olympia Snowe) is somewhere to the left of Vladimir Lenin. Not to mention the fact that Ms Snowe is an incompetent moron.

This coming from someone registered Republican, no less.
10/06/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Ianuk
but it also doesn't mean I should be running for congress....

Has nothing to do with it.

The original founding members of Congress were every day men. Yes, you had to own land back then to even vote; but Congress critters are supposed to be average people who've lead "average" lives working like everyone else.
10/06/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Alaia
The original founding members of Congress were every day men. Yes, you had to own land back then to even vote; but Congress critters are supposed to be average people who've lead "average" lives working like everyone else.
Indeed. Can't represent someone if you don't see their day-to-day problems.

I was also reminded of this for some reason: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/08/27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnZfV4R_qk

Gotta love the republican spin machine......the website I went to (ColleensWorld) had excerpts of posts she wrote in 2004! In 2004 she probably wasn't even thinking of her "political career".

Tell that to the political strategists who thought attacking Mitt Romney for something he did in high school was a good idea...
I started a facebook page to support Sanitago, and all gamers regardless of politcal affilation.

http://www.facebook.com/warcraftstatesenator

This is not about the real person. I'm suporting gamers. So have some fun with it.