[Halo] [Divine Star] [Cascade]

Priest
Which one should i go with for healing as holy priest or dps as shadow ?
Most cases Shadow wants Halo and healing wants Cascade.
I can only speak for the shadow side of things,

I'm leaning more towards Divine Star because I feel its more consistent damage every pull and on each single target encounter.

Halo is still a really great nuke every 40 seconds.

I recommend run a few dungeons with Halo and a few with Divine Star.
10/04/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Alocin

Tried Halo before in 5 mans, and it seems to pull some mobs (that tank didn't pull of course). So I stick with Cascade for 5 mans. It's like PoM only more powerful and niftier.

When I did Stone Guard attempts, Cascade seemed to work better for me, just cause you need to be really far away from people for Halo to get its full effect/benefit. Haven't tried Divine Star yet.
I'm already starting to lose count of the number of times I've accidentally pulled something with Divine Star. The tooltip says 25 yards, but then the spell goes through an entire hallway and brings everything back with it.
Halo + Gara'jal the Spiritbinder = YES PLEASE
I like Divine Star for Dungeons, because I feel like it's easy to manage a quick straight line spell that's not as huge as the other talents.

I really like Cascade for Raiding because it will bounce all around. It's also nice to see if bounce on Janice Barov's illusions.

Halo is gorgeous, and I feel so graphically inline with Holy spell effects. But it's awesomeness is mitigated by the fact that it is dangerous at the same time.

--

Really experiment with all 3. Since Halo and Cascade are mana hogs, you won't be casting them a lot even if you take them. Divine Star gets in there nicely when the group is lined up right.
In a raiding environment, Halo is king. There is no risk of pulling anything extra if you're on a boss encounter, so Halo away!

I can see your halo.
What do you feel is the best choice for Disc in Mogushan vaults? I'll be there today for the first time.
Halo is just fine tor 5 mans in almost any situation. It just requires a bit of situational awareness.
keep in mind, halo shouldn't pull anything that is LOSed from you... usually.
My Personal Preference:

Holy/Disc - Cascade
Shadow - Halo

I don't even look at Divine Star.
i don't like divine star imo. too weak of a heal to save anyone. relying too heavily with stacking.

cascade is awesome for pvp and pve. my favorite of all the choices

halo can be good for pve but costly against mana for pvp this is a very good spell to counter stealthies and classes that can go invisable.

do not take divine star as shadow imo. oh my goodness does roughly 11-12k damage on a 350k toon. a waste of a global, and moving away can counter the boomerang effect.
I can only speak for the shadow side of things,

I'm leaning more towards Divine Star because I feel its more consistent damage every pull and on each single target encounter.

Halo is still a really great nuke every 40 seconds.

I used to use Halo cause of the dmg/healing/stealth breaking. But talked with a more skilled spriest and he said he uses Divine Star because it hits the target twice, and heals u + any friends inbetween (which is nice for running shadowcleave).
So I've changed to DS and like it much better; more mana conservant, actually heals u, chance to crit twice since it hits twice, and only a 15 sec cooldown.

Tl;dr: Divine Star is much better for controlled bursts.
i don't like divine star imo. too weak of a heal to save anyone. relying too heavily with stacking.

cascade is awesome for pvp and pve. my favorite of all the choices

halo can be good for pve but costly against mana for pvp this is a very good spell to counter stealthies and classes that can go invisable.

do not take divine star as shadow imo. oh my goodness does roughly 11-12k damage on a 350k toon. a waste of a global, and moving away can counter the boomerang effect.

Cascade isnt viable for arena cause it breaks cc. Divine star can crit for 30-40k each hit (it hits twice if used right) and heals for like 30-40k non-crit. Halo is kinda useless when fighting certain melee classes cause it does basically no dmg to them and 0 healing to you. Plus Halo has a 40 sec CD and a big chunk of mana.

Not saying DS is amazing, but better right now -- utility-wise -- than the other two. I hear cascade isnt terrible in Rbgs though.
(Healing POV)

In 5 mans, Halo and Cascade are never going to be worth the mana. Simply doesn't hit enough targets for it to be worthwhile.

Whereas Divine Star is worthwhile and quite easy to line up when you only have 4 other people to hit with it, since melee tend to be automatically near the tank.

Also if you spec Twist of Fate, you can use Divine Star to proc it on any nearby low health enemies without interrupting healing.

Edit: Whoops, this is a necro. Why did I reply?
You should be changing on a per fight basis. If you aren't you are doing it wrong sorry.

Healing = cascade.

Shadow you change per fight.

Example is Elegon. Cascade wins here because you can bounce it off the orbs where halo doesn't even hit them.

Other fights you just cannot hit the 25 yard sweet spot so sometimes cascade or divine star is better.

Regardless download halopro and use it.
For healing, I prefer Cascade most of the fight. Divine Star is a great spell, but very dependent on positioning. I only really take it on fights where the raid is stacked up most of the time.
Depends on the encounter.

Cascade is a good healing spell when the raid is scattered and PoH or CoH might not reach the edges. It works best when the spread is even. It's great DPS when you have many targets spread out (Stone Guardians, Gara'jal adds), but it doesn't provide any healing utility when you do so.

DS is great healing when the raid (or at least melee) are grouped up most of the time. It is also recommended for certain DPS encounters that require good AE dps on grouped up adds and you can't get the distance for optimal Halo damage (H Feng).

Halo is decent healing when you have three separate groups and the healing group is at equal distance from the two of them within optimal range (e.g. traditional dragon fight, like BWD Neferian). Halo is the most powerful damage spell if you can get the optimal range on your targets with it as well as being an excellent utility healing.