Dear RAF'ers:

Monk
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
i went 1-90 straight with quests and a few BoAs and i find this class to be great, while the dmg IS a little bit weak in pvp, i can't say its "horribly broken" just my two copper for the matter
I have 4 days, 4 hours, and 33 minutes logged in at this point and time. I RaF leveled with a friend. I also played a monk in Beta. SO just because I did what I did doesn't make me a bad. player. At least I learned my class before I RaF'd.
Lol I find it wonderful that assuming that is the ops monk they have literally 0 idea of how to reforge or use their glyphs also I leveled 3 monks on beta 2 from 1 to 90 and 1 from 85 to 90 so yeah wasn't going to do that again and I actually slept in between hitting 88 and 89 still got done in the 2nd day didn't have to rush or lose sleep, though I really wish leveling was still how it was on beta from 85 to 90 so much nicer sigh.
I did not level a monk in beta. I did not play beta. I am not billy blanks, nor do I claim any mastership over tae-bo.

After being a world top healer and raiding pretty hardcore for years, it's actually pretty fun going back and doing the old 1-60 dungeons with a new toon and doing the zone in 3-4 pulls. Not the Brag-about-it-on-the-forums and Armory-me-bro kind of fun like people require these days, but real enjoyment that you can appreciate after going away from the game for (checks watch) 10 months. It's also fun to stop at certain pvp brackets since most everyone has boa gear, no need to put effort into twink gear.

Endgame pve content gets stale pretty quick, which is when people who play the game as a full time job will repeat ad nauseam. I look at somebody who bypassed 1-60 on a toon in order to rush to whatever junk they've hashed up at 90 these days, and lament on their behalf (is there really an incentive to be world first or 50th as a raiding guild anymore? I sure don't feel it.).

I got 99 problems son but stale content ain't one

So true. Yup I RaFed and guess what I did it because I refuse to lvl a 3rd monk 1-80 through vanilla, tbc and wrath. Knew my class from lvling 2 in beta.

So OP tell me again how you are a true monk because you wanted to torture yourself with stale content.
It's funny because the bottom line is you all purchased levels while I still slammed you into the concrete by just being fast at levelling. I'm also seeing a lot of the same people on here who RAF'd and are posting on the threads complaining about our DPS being too weak when I am consistently topping every pull's chart.

Get on my level.

Im level 90, like the rest of the good monks. Get on our level.

Im consistently top DPS. I'm doing DPS you couldnt even dream of.
It takes 8 hours played time to get from 89-90 alone? So again how did it take you 5 hours to get 8 levels.
tl;dr op is mad because he wasn't smart enough to get 90 and he wasted away 3 days when he could be out getting laid or vitamin D. /thread
10/05/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Mist
I don't much mind the Monks who got their levels granted and are happy to help out other people (or not, whatever) so much as I don't like the Monks who got their levels granted and they feel like they can talk down to the ones who are actually leveling because they're "max level".

The only low level monks I talk down to are the ones who think they're magically going to be better at the class for leveling 1-90 the hard way, wasting both their time and their guilds time (assuming they raid.)

:3

Any 1-90 leveler who couldn't hit 90 before last Tuesday was probably wasting their guild's time by being a lazy person anyway. It's not like it was challenging to hit 90 and cap VP in a week.
I leveled two different monks from 1 on the beta.

I earned 163 levels and prepped for launch for a month.

I hit level 90 the first day , playing straight through.

I have logged more hours on monks than you will the next month or two.

What the hell do you know?
The fact that you don't have any friends who want to RAF with you is not our fault. Grats to us who thought ahead <3
In the grand scheme of things why is it that using a system that is available to everyone make me any less legitimate of a player? Essentially when you boil it all down, the OP is nothing more than jealous. And the only way he can act out his jealousy is to rage on those people he's jealous of on the forums.
I am a Raf boosted Monk. I didn't play beta. I learned everything I needed to know for Windwalker at 80-90, and everything I needed to know for BM at 90.

Good players can do that because they don't need to waste 80 levels on stupid fluff in a game where I already 11 85's and been there, done that.
lol all these people.

main points are being lost here. i could care less if you went on over to noxxic or icyveins. i clearly have the money for a second account, seeing as how i am OBVIOUSLY on the second account right now lmao.

but let me give you all something to comment on... and i would love to see comments aimed directly at this next statement (even though im sure no one will)

You had to pay real life money for levels in the game by using an OUT-OF-GAME service.

furthermore you all not only missed, but ruined the pure fun of the MASSIVE all out race to level 90. just ruined for everyone. its a real shame because we only get this opportunity once every few years. but hey, at least you get the respect for being a monk real fast... even though everyone knows what you did though =/
lol all these people.

main points are being lost here. i could care less if you went on over to noxxic or icyveins. i clearly have the money for a second account, seeing as how i am OBVIOUSLY on the second account right now lmao.

but let me give you all something to comment on... and i would love to see comments aimed directly at this next statement (even though im sure no one will)

You had to pay real life money for levels in the game by using an OUT-OF-GAME service.

furthermore you all not only missed, but ruined the pure fun of the MASSIVE all out race to level 90. just ruined for everyone. its a real shame because we only get this opportunity once every few years. but hey, at least you get the respect for being a monk real fast... even though everyone knows what you did though =/

Yep a race to 90 is fun when its been done 3 plus times on beta by anyone who was serious about playing a monk /facepalm. Also I paid maybe 10 bucks and I wanted the mount anyways so /shrug. Please post on your oh so amazing monk though I really want to see it.

So I'm assuming you didn't use any BOA's. This is an unfair advantage to those that do not have BOAs. Using BOAs just ruins it for everyone - and if you used them, it is a real shame because the opportunity to race comes only once every few years. And if you did use BOAs, we all know what you did, and what we really think. =/
Not sure how my use of RaF ruined everyone else "all out race to 90".

All I can see here is your complaining because people did something you either couldn't or didn't want to do.

And as Dash said post on you so called amazing monk so we can see just how great it really isn't.
OP is just jealous. Deal with it, buddy. We've got more disposable income than you. You don't need to come in here waving your dimes around saying that we're cheaters just because you weren't rich enough to be in the running.

Either way, I guess you're cool because you can level fast, aren't you? I hope you keep the pace and get either gladiator or hard modes. You know, the races that matter.
RaF Monk here. Top ranked monk on my server, top ranked in my guild... NOT SERVER FIRST MONK... yea I think I know my new class pretty well... as was said before "Work smarter, not harder." And I have a full time job a wife and 2 kids, I don't have several days to do the 1-90 grind.. I want to enjoy my time on the game and I am doing so... also I am not afraid to post on my actual monk, unlike the OP
you all post too much im not reading all that crap

whoa hold on a second rofl...
RaF Monk here. Top ranked monk on my server, top ranked in my guild... NOT SERVER FIRST MONK... yea I think I know my new class pretty well...

yeah. nice. venture co. LOL