Missing Mounts.

Customer Support
Post Limit:
To put it bluntly, nothing can be done here for you. You can put in a ticket and see if the GMs can see something isn't working as intended, but from the sounds of it, everything is.

We get that you don't like it, but it's the way things work now.
I would suggest you do a search in this forum for the same problem. You will see quite a few posts, and the response from the moderators.
10/05/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Eilethalua
Certain specific mounts do still transfer with the character.

I need to correct what I said with this. The class-specific ones do transfer with the character. (Essentially they are a "spell" the character knows - versus a mount known to all characters. It's the same thing that keeps a draenei from being able to summon a charger and sticks them with an elekk for a paladin mount.)

However, it doesn't say the PvP reward mounts move (switch factions) - only that they can only be summoned by the character that originally earned them. Which means if they were "Alliance" PvP reward mounts at the time the patch went live, and the character has since been changed to Horde, the faction difference would mean they couldn't be ridden.

So my wording was poor. If true that the PvP reward mounts don't convert, even though the only character that can ride them has changed faction, then it looks like an unfortunate consequence. Very simply, there is no longer a faction equivalent exchange of mounts.

10/05/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Sutekh
I do have characters such as these however none of them were logged in to as I was not playing the game at the time, the only character that was logged in was this Paladin in-order to do the faction change, but that's irrelevant as they did not have the mounts this character did.

The potential relevance and reason I asked is this - immediately following the patch going live, mounts became account-wide. Now, I know pets required logging into each character, but I don't know if that was true of mounts. If you had other Horde with the general mounts such as Hawstriders and Skeletal horses and Kodos, those could be the source of the account-wide version.

The best way to get enough detail to have an actual bug be identified is to search out all possible variations that could have led to the result. You seemed to be claiming that it gave you some mounts contrary to what the post-patch FAQ states or even what other players have experienced, and that it is a bug, so figuring out what made your case different could help clarify the situation.

10/05/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Sutekh
I would willing accept a change as I have no reason for these mounts on my level 2 alliance paladin alt that was made to talk to someone.
10/05/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Sutekh
As I have all my skeletal warhorses from undead faction still, my wolves from Org faction, my hawkstriders from BE faction, my Black War Kodo, my Black Skeletal Warhorse, my Kor'Kron Annihlator, my season5 and season 7 Gladiator mounts, all of my wind riders, and my tribute to insanity horde wolf.

And if the "change" was an acknowledgement that a bug occurred and none of those should have been converted to Horde with the newer faction change ... so the Horde duplicate was removed, I'm sure you wouldn't be as happy.

Though now I'm not sure if I'm reading right - are these ones you claim are missing or ones you claim were converted when you did the Faction Change?
10/05/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Eilethalua
Though now I'm not sure if I'm reading right - are these ones you claim are missing or ones you claim were converted when you did the Faction Change?

These were the ones that were converted after doing the faction change. Which is why I'm so baffled right now, all of these mounts were transferred but the others listed were not.

All of my gladiator mounts were earned as a blood elf on the server I am now, it wouldn't make sense that season 5 and 7 are there but 6 is not.

10/05/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Eilethalua
And if the "change" was an acknowledgement that a bug occurred and none of those should have been converted to Horde with the newer faction change ... so the Horde duplicate was removed, I'm sure you wouldn't be as happy.

There was a point in time when I would have thought that Blizzard would work towards a change that would please their fan base instead of taking the easy way out and screwing a certain group of people over to benefit no one. I no longer believe that and agree with you.
Almost all mounts stay as they were when 5.0.4 dropped. Very few change with a Faction change. So think about what mounts you had during the release of that patch.

They announced ahead of time that mounts were going account-wide during that patch so they would lock to the faction.