What professions did you go on your monk?

Monk
I only have one character,who is a JC. I am thinking of going alchemy because it always seems to be a great profession, but inscription seems interesting too.
i'm going skinning/leatherworking because I feel like i shouldn't have to stop stabbing things after they die, its like a huge area of oppurtunity that we are missing out on. So, when my mobs die, I take out my little swiss army death knife and rip their flesh apart. Why? Because.

**Edited because I noticed/waspointedouttome i put the wrong profession there..stupid crafting/gathering/scatterbrained
Engineering / Scribe.

I wanted to make all of the monk glyphs for myself and my guildies without having to pay extreme amounts.

And then of course engineering since it is the best profession.
i'm going leatherworking because I feel like i shouldn't have to stop stabbing things after they die, its like a huge area of oppurtunity that we are missing out on. So, when my mobs die, I take out my little swiss army death knife and rip their flesh apart. Why? Because.

Leatherworkers don't skin. Skinners skin.

I'm Leatherworker/Alch.

Engineering / Scribe.

I wanted to make all of the monk glyphs for myself and my guildies without having to pay extreme amounts.

And then of course engineering since it is the best profession.

I love your guild.
10/05/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Bruisedlee
i'm going leatherworking because I feel like i shouldn't have to stop stabbing things after they die

laughed out loud and it was such a good laugh I felt I should type it out in full here.

I went BS (for flexibility in stat choice from tier to tier - it'll be Spirit in T14, but who knows T15+ and to help me meet socket bonuses I want to meet without worrying about meta requirements) and Tailoring (I'm convinced the Spirit cloak proc will make a big difference for my T14 raid performance, even though it may not be the prof with the longest legs for a Mistweaver)
Leatherworking/Enchanting
None yet, considering to get the blacklisted Jewelcrafting and the second one I can't decide... Yet.

Jokes apart, I find the JC gens simply amazing for anything you do, since the self usable gem stats are higher than average you find anywhere. Although it's a question of choice. I'm willing to reforge more stuff than fill gaps with gems, that's my primal choice on JC, still don't know if that's going to be possible in the end game of MoP though.
Mine/Eng
Inscription and recently decided on Engineering for my second because of it's status as fun.
None yet, considering to get the blacklisted Jewelcrafting and the second one I can't decide... Yet.

Jokes apart, I find the JC gens simply amazing for anything you do, since the self usable gem stats are higher than average you find anywhere. Although it's a question of choice. I'm willing to reforge more stuff than fill gaps with gems, that's my primal choice on JC, still don't know if that's going to be possible in the end game of MoP though.

just so you know, pretty much all professions have equal perks.
jc perk is stronger gems. extra 160points in stats per gem, up to 2. so 320 total.
chanting can chant their rings. for 160 stat each ring. 320 total.
bs adds sockets to bracer and gloves. each can have a normal gem.. 160 stat each.. 320 total.
scribe for shoulders..
LW for strong bracer emboss.
tailor and engi are the two that arent direct buffs, they have effective perks, because cloaks are procced, and gloves are activated.
mining gives.. stamina only.
herb lets you heal.
skinning gives you crit rating.
Well according to EJ it's LW/Eng correct me if I'm wrong.

Note: As WW
Herbalism & Inscription.
Mining and Jewelcrafting. Always loved JC.
Engineering/enchanting,

I have leveled engineering several times on various toons and just can't live without it, too much fun! Enchanting because I always run old stuff/amass mats and can make some nice gold as well, the ring enchants are also an added bonus!
Mining/Jewelcrafting here. Gems are a bit of a pain to get (at least, at a decent price) sometimes, so I figured, what the heck, I'll just make my own. The jewel tiger mounts had nothing to do with it at all.

...Maybe.

Plus, I've been enjoying the Brewmaster specialization, so that little bit of free Stamina from mining is kinda nice.

I did consider Herbalism/Alchemy, since I'd then be brewin' up some potions to go with my brews, but I decided against it. I've gotten kinda sick of herbing, to be perfectly honest. Too many Alchemists/Scribes in my WoW history.
Herbalism and Alchemy. I didn't want to go double crafting profession because I did not want to have to also level a gathering toon.
Tailor+engineering, just wish I didn't have to wait to have a glider on this toon...
Engineer Mining.

I will prob eventually drop mining for Alchemy or something.