Anyone else finding there's less to do?

General Discussion
10/06/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Fist
Maxed out pet battling, maxed out professions (on all toons), and already fully heroic for 3 specs -_-

Looked at your achievements and Pets. Getting one pet to 25 is not maxing the pet content. I could understand if you don't enjoy it but saying you maxed it is incorrect.
10/06/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Buzkilington
The only people with nothing to do are the ones who rush through the content to get max level as fast as they can without actually enjoying the game. You mentioned at least a half dozen things you won't do but complain you're bored. It's like the OWS crowd sitting around complaining about how poor they are (on their iPhones) instead of getting another (or a first) job.

I mentioned one thing i wont do, and it's dailies. I've done everything else =/

I definitely see where you're coming from. In response to that, I believe a blue recently posted on that exact topic, that in a future patch, they were going to be adding a way to basically earn rep on your main character, that is a lot more alt friendly after the initial hard work has been put in.

I'm excited to see where that goes, because I also love to level alts.

I actually mentioned that above, it's a double rep gain mechanic for alts.. which means you still need to do the rep farm on your main (to revered), then do it on every alt aswell. Which again.. finding no enjoyment in questing.. only makes it sound even less appealing.

Sorry about that, I didn't see that you already stated it. (still trying to wake up :p). Hmm, yeah, that doesn't sound very appealing. I hope they decide to refine that quite a bit.
10/06/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Jasla
Maxed out pet battling, maxed out professions (on all toons), and already fully heroic for 3 specs -_-

Looked at your achievements and Pets. Getting one pet to 25 is not maxing the pet content. I could understand if you don't enjoy it but saying you maxed it is incorrect.

You're right, and i'm actually doing that as i do this thread, i paused for a few days from it because of a bug revolving around having a pet hit 25, didn't get the achieve.. but as of this very moment in game i have a 25 and two 24's
10/06/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Fist
The only people with nothing to do are the ones who rush through the content to get max level as fast as they can without actually enjoying the game. You mentioned at least a half dozen things you won't do but complain you're bored. It's like the OWS crowd sitting around complaining about how poor they are (on their iPhones) instead of getting another (or a first) job.

Well, to nitpick, you didn't clear the first raid yet either. Still more to do!

And you have no idea how much i'm looking forward to that. However, i've got one raid lockout and it's with the guild this weekend =)

-edit-

Issue with that is.. that's really -all- i'm looking forward too hah.

And you have no idea how much i'm looking forward to that. However, i've got one raid lockout and it's with the guild this weekend =)

-edit-

Issue with that is.. that's really -all- i'm looking forward too hah.

Cool, well good luck! I can empathize with your otiginal point, however. I wound up quitting a year ago because I just suddenly got bored doing the grind; heroics for points to get gear to do the raids to get more gear, the farming for mats and supplies to sell on the AH, the rep grinds on multiple characters. The only thing I could suggest that may help is try leveling an alt, even an Alliance (*gag*) one if you can, and maybe turn them into a bg twink. Really low level pvp is pretty much like a FPS now, as you kill and die a lot then run right back in to the fight.
LFR will open eventually, which should give you a little bit to do. You could also try challenge modes if you can find a consistent group. Or you could try completing DMF decks (that's what I've been doing lately).

I am hoping other players give better answers since I'll be in the same boat soon. I tried a few dailies, but that's just not happening. Somehow I can handle Silithus, old Timbermaw, Hodir via shards in the snow, MgT over and over and over, but I just can't deal with these dailies.
LFR will open eventually, which should give you a little bit to do. You could also try challenge modes if you can find a consistent group. Or you could try completing DMF decks (that's what I've been doing lately).

I am hoping other players give better answers since I'll be in the same boat soon. I tried a few dailies, but that's just not happening. Somehow I can handle Silithus, old Timbermaw, Hodir via shards in the snow, MgT over and over and over, but I just can't deal with these dailies.

Yep, LFR next week, it's my main motivation to level up alts truthfully, but just the thought of getting a non-tank to 463 item level to get into the queue makes me gag. With the rep gates on the VP gear, i don't see how i can fill a jp piece.