So give me your Monk review

Monk
Leveling a Monk at the moment, he's around level 50. I have no idea what Monks are like at max level, so I just wanted to hear the thoughts of the people who have already reached 90 on theirs.

Doesnt matter what spec. Doesnt matter if it's PvE or PvP, solo or in a group. What do you think of monks? Good and bad, I want to hear it.
PvE Windwalker: a lot of L2P issues from people claiming it sucks. My personal experiences say otherwise. I've almost always been at the top or very close to the top of damage charts, averaging out around 45-48k dps in the gear that I'm wearing now single target
Brewmaster = by far the best tank I've ever tanked with. I leveled as Brewmaster as well and dominated pretty much any amount of mobs I could pull without them resetting. I also usually top meters when doing multi mob fights.

Mistweaver = melee healing. Should I say more?

Windwalker = Awesome dps.
Having played all 3 specs I have to say all are good, viable and most importantly for me: FUN.
i love bm/ww
This is what I am wondering as well. I want to play a Monk at 90 but am not sure if I want to go the healing or tanking route. I have enough DPS toons so I need some instant queue action. HA
Not 90 yet, but like ^^^^ said, BM tanks are OP. I prefer MW for PVP tho, kinda hard to kill us. And in PVE, drop a dragon, Spinning Crane Kick, lol at the DPS who are lower than you (healer). The monk scrubs thin out around 65+ and I'm at 76 seeing less and less, tho they still exist. I was healing and a BM tank didn't know about 1/2 his skills and asked what the big green orbs were. Apparently he didn't understand those were mine and the little ones were the ones he farted out. Main point: As tank, move around a bit to pick up your own little healing turds.
pvp mistweaver

so far I've had a lot of fun with this, your mobility is amazing, coupled with snares = you can get away from anything anytime anyplace, this makes you a lovely source of attention in bgs

however, chasing people to actually fight them?, that's a bit harder, overolling and being kited is something i'm experiencing a LOT as mistweaver relies on melee for damage (and the best chi generation is melee anyway) so if you want to heal more for longer> melee more

mistweaver also will have a terrible nofunnonothing time if a mage spams spellsteal, making you use your incredibly expensive powerheals, or spam woefully expensive balls onto yourself.

THAT SAID> i reallly like mistweaver, i summon xuen, i pop losers. that's all i need!

oh, healing in general seems a bit overpowered at the moment, mine is a little, but i go oom fairly easy if i spam, this doesn't seem to be the case with a lot of other classes i've been fighting, im hopinh for a pvp healing nerf increase

edit: on tiger power: good luck trying to damage somone and keeping this up in pvp, i agree with the wise soul below me wishing it would last longer (or at least be refreshable by something)
Tiger Power is an unfun mechanic. I wish it at least lasted longer.

AoE rotation is boring but most are. RSK > Refresh tiger power > spinning crane spam > dump Chi on RSK and refreshing tiger power > spinning crane spam.

DPS rotation is pretty interesting. I feel very active, not a lot of waiting around especially with a good string of mastery procs. I'm enjoying windwalker more than I think I've ever enjoyed my rogue other than during tier 10. Edit: Fists of Fury rooting and silly chi cost is extremely frustrating though. It breaks up everything, forcing you to dump 1 chi on tiger palm just to avoid chi capping so you can jab twice to avoid energy capping. And it really sucks when that extra chi lines up with power strikes, you knock it off, jab, and bam you have 3 again. FFFUUUUUU.

Tanking has a steep learning curve. Keeping shuffle alive, tiger power active, purifying off stagger @ yellow, using guard on cooldown. Shuffle is extremely important and keeping it up separates good brewmasters from bad, and you'll notice the difference in how quick they drop. Using expel harm and your healing orbs from Gift of the Ox wisely is also difficult.

People need to stop forming opinions before they're 90. "I'm OP at level 75!" Good for you, it's old content. Call me when you're 90.
I love Brewmaster and Windwalker. They're both really fun.

Both specs are very active in what they do and it's really fun.

WW mastery makes dps really interesting.

I love how many choices the BM tank has for mitigation. It blows my mind.
I personally love WW, I tried BM, and wasn't too fond of it to be honest, and I've yet to try MW, I'm working on building a set for that though. But dps is pretty solid if you know your priorities. And it's tons of fun.
I'm completely in love with MW in PVP and PVE tbqh.
My monk isn't level 90 but so far... I LOVE MONKS. I've played a lot of brewmaster monk on the beta and I had an enjoyable time just getting millions of mobs and killing him w/ aoe. I really love the monk class and It's going to be my main for as long as I play this game. Druids are still in my heart, but come on! MONKS ARE EPIC BRO (or sis).
Everything was pretty incredible until about 85.

WW is fun, but pvp is very lack-luster.

BM I just tried today for the fast ques, and it seems like a very complex tanking model (easy AOE tanking, the cooldowns feel weak. If there's a meh healer healing me, I don't feel like I can give them too much help outside of healing myself)

MW is my favorite so far of the specs. It still feels weak compared to paladin/druid, but I'm enjoying it and that's more important than OMGAH I'M OP.

Overall, it feels a bit discouraging to roll a new class and love it as much as I do, only to realize the higher level I get, the more it shows how behind the curve we are comparitively. In the end, who really wants to drop their old toon for a new one, redo all of the levels, and then find out last-minute that this class still can't shine like your old one?
Tiger Power is an unfun mechanic. I wish it at least lasted longer.

AoE rotation is boring but most are. RSK > Refresh tiger power > spinning crane spam > dump Chi on RSK and refreshing tiger power > spinning crane spam.

DPS rotation is pretty interesting. I feel very active, not a lot of waiting around especially with a good string of mastery procs. I'm enjoying windwalker more than I think I've ever enjoyed my rogue other than during tier 10. Edit: Fists of Fury rooting and silly chi cost is extremely frustrating though. It breaks up everything, forcing you to dump 1 chi on tiger palm just to avoid chi capping so you can jab twice to avoid energy capping. And it really sucks when that extra chi lines up with power strikes, you knock it off, jab, and bam you have 3 again. FFFUUUUUU.

Tanking has a steep learning curve. Keeping shuffle alive, tiger power active, purifying off stagger @ yellow, using guard on cooldown. Shuffle is extremely important and keeping it up separates good brewmasters from bad, and you'll notice the difference in how quick they drop. Using expel harm and your healing orbs from Gift of the Ox wisely is also difficult.

People need to stop forming opinions before they're 90. "I'm OP at level 75!" Good for you, it's old content. Call me when you're 90.

This guy^ Knows what hes talking about.
Well, let's see.

-I've always wanted a healing class with a pet mechanic.

-I love classes like Shaman that have external mechanics(as in, you place something in the world and it has a combat effect, rather than just originating from you).

-I prefer melee classes.

-I hate cast times on spells.

-I like having a knockback, no matter what spec I'm in.

-I love having the ability to start up a flight form in the air for when I'm gathering.

-I prefer classes that have a broad range of racial selection so I don't feel like I "have" to be an ugly Draenei/Orc or whatever.

So....that Blizzard made a class that follows all these guidelines, plus has the really awesome theme of seeking enlightenment and inner peace, as well as dealing with negative emotions? I love this class.

Been playing WoW since vanilla as an alt-aholic. I think I've finally found my "main".
Felt immortal as a brewmaster up till 81. Shuffle doesn't last long enough, not being able to use BoF anymore is sad. Anxiety attack every time I get stunned without guard on.

Solo- Pull all the mobs you need at once and murder them all. It's amazing.
Heroics- Don't even need a healer to kill some bosses.
Pvp- I killed a couple people yesterday, it was fun I guess. People forget you can shoot lightning.
I'm almost fully PvP geared as a wind walker monk, and as you will see lots of people commenting about, WW PvP is sad. So I wouldn't recommend leveling a monk if that is your plan. It's so bad that I'm pretty sure it will be fixed, but you can never fully count on Blizzard to do that in a timely manner (sometimes never at all). For PvE, you will probably enjoy yourself with BM and MW. I haven't heard much negative about them.
Shuffle doesn't last long enough

Can last upwards of 30 seconds, just use your jabs, and get one up, drink a brew at about 5 stacks, let energy build up to 100 while having 4 chi, quickly blackout kick + keg smash + blackout kick + blackout kick + jab + jab + blackout kick, whalla 20 seconds worth,

all of that can be done in about 4-5 sec really