Orc leader. Not Warchief

Story Forum
Post Limit:
I am wondering, who do you think the new Orc leader will be. Ignoring whether or not they are Warchief, I am just focusing on the orcs right now. I have thought of a few.

Thrall, Saurfang, Eitrigg, Nazgrim, Nazgrel (I doubt this), Drek'thar (This too), Jorin (Not enough Screen time), and that's really about it.

Edit: Rexxar too, but I don't see it happening.

I could accpetThrall becoming orc leader again, just not Warchief at the same time
I'd be okay with Thrall as leader if Vol'jin is Warchief but that'd be really, really weird.

Personally, I'd prefer Thrall help us in Siege of Orgrimmar, hand Vol'jin the Warchief title, and retire to Nagrand to raise his new family with the Horde in good, capable hands.

The orc leader, meanwhile, would be Varok Saurfang who, after years of experience, can get the orcs back on track to the way they're meant to be. Sure, he's old, but we don't need more young, inexperienced leaders for the orcs. Thrall was unwilling to act decisively, Garrosh was downright stupidly impulsive.

Additionally, Garrosh represents what's really wrong with the orcs, blind hero worship and overzealous glorification of war. They do well to honour the heroes of the past who helped them get to their present but they forget that those heroes were still vicious murderers and, in doing so, forget what they've achieved and move backwards. They also keep fighting the fight for fighting's sake, never pausing to consider the ramifications of killing another person because the peoples of Azeroth are so desensitized to it.

Varok would never let that happen again because he was there, he knows what the Horde is and what it did. The heroes were his brothers and he lives with both admiration for them and guilt for what they did. He also understands the value of a humanoid life and knows what pain he brings to his opponents each time he takes a life in battle.

Additionally, Varok knows what internment camp is, he knows the positives and negatives of the Alliance, he has seen both the good and bad sides of them and knows that his enemies are not so far removed from his own people.

Drek'thar's in a wheelchair but would make a good advisor, Nazgrim's too obscure (and not even a Warlord yet), Nazgrel and Jorin have not been seen since Burning Crusade, Eitrigg's so close to the Argent Crusade it'd be like putting an Argent Crusader as Regent Lord of Stormwind (he also doesn't do that much), and Rexxar dislikes being chained to one place.

Personally, I think Varok Saurfang is the most logical choice. He's liked by the player base, he's almost the exact opposite of Garrosh while being very different to Thrall, and he's got a great mix of hardened warrior and compassionate person.

I can't see the orcs leading the overall Horde (I actually can see them doing it, I simply dislike it) after Garrosh, mainly because it'd be the perfect counter to Garrosh's "orc supremacy" and cement the idea of the Horde as many races united as one people and Orgrimmar as its capital that should be without segregation.
I thought there wasn't going to Warchief after Garrosh, I thought it was going to be a council.
10/08/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Amorene
Varok Saurfang

Wonder which patch he's gonna show up in.

Thrall is another good choice, with Drek being the worst.
Darkhorse Warlord Krogg for Warchief.
Jorin Deadeye!
What about Nazgrim? He worked his way up to General in charge of the assault on Pandaria. He represents the orc values pretty well imo and would make a great orc leader if Vol'jin were to become the warchief. He's not as hot headed as Garrosh and needs to be in charge, but he still has the same vibe from him as well.
10/08/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Saggymaggy
I thought there wasn't going to Warchief after Garrosh, I thought it was going to be a council.

That's only us players guessing. We don't know anything about what the ruling structure will be like after Garrosh is taken down.
10/08/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Skytotem

10/08/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Cerséi
If not Nazgrim, Vol'jin. It would be very nice to see a non-orc in the Warchief position.

Guys. this isn't a "who will be Warchief?" thread, this is a "who will be orc leader?" thread.

Let's try not to change what the OP intended, I actually had a lot more writing (walls of text) about Vol'jin for Warchief that I deliberately omitted in my post because that's not what this thread is for.

That said...

Tauren hate Forsaken

Mhm. That's why they helped them join the Horde, right? They generally feel uneasy around the Forsaken but are more accepting than other races.

I can't imagine ANYONE on a Horde council, not even Garrosh, agreeing with anything Sylvanas says, even if it is just on principle of opposing the Lich Queen.

Like the other leaders wouldn't value her input as primary Horde leader of the Eastern Kingdoms front for the past four years, right?
10/08/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Amorene
Guys. this isn't a "who will be Warchief?" thread, this is a "who will be orc leader?" thread.

Warlord Krogg is an orc.

When will people learn that as much of a grumpass as I am, I know what I'm talking about?
I'm still voting for Nazgrel. You don't need to have a heavy backstory to be elected to a position of leadership, but it does help. Baine was in WC3 for a few missions and gave out some quests in vanilla. Nazgrel has done about the same.
There will never be a Warchief who isn't an Orc leader. Remember, it all draws down to Humans and Orcs. Not to mention, Warchief is the title of the Orc leader...

My guess is Nazgrim, he seems loyal to Garrosh, but Pandaria could teach him a thing or two about Garrosh, and during the cinematic in Grommash Hold, he seems... Troubled by what Garrosh says about invading Pandaria.
Zaela if she manages to dodge the next boss bat. Same for Nazgrim if Zaela didn't spec for dodge.

If they both get hit in the head, Saurfang.
Oh no. Obviously Blizzard needs to announce that Garrosh is actually a lot older than he seems and actually had another son in Outland who took over the Mag'har Clan with Thrall coming in and telling him to be like his father was, and then having a Garrosh 1.0 coming over and taking over the Horde again.
10/08/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Saggymaggy

There has been nothing suggesting that as of late.

It's all fan-wishes, I seriously think Thrall is going to continue leading the Horde in some way or another. (And then we must consider Metzen saying "You'll get your WARCHIEF back.")
10/08/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Lorelaî
There will never be a Warchief who isn't an Orc leader

I never asked about Warchief, I asked about a Orc leader.
10/09/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Ximothy
There will never be a Warchief who isn't an Orc leader

I never asked about Warchief, I asked about a Orc leader.

Again, if you read the rest of that

Remember, it all draws down to Humans and Orcs. Not to mention, Warchief is the title of the Orc leader...
10/08/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Skytotem

I would support this.