Ret paladin damage?

Paladin
Is it me or does ret damage need a serious buff?
PvE? Nah we're in a pretty good spot right now (plus we scale excellently with more gear.) PvP? Not necessarily more damage, but we just need our damage more balanced out (like everyone says, less burst more sustained.)
It just seems like any class I face in PVP out damages me. Not sure what I can do differently.
Play more defensively. Use cooldowns more liberally. That's really all I can suggest PvP-wise.
LOL. No. According to all the Einsteins here Ret damage is PERFECT!!!!!!!! Anyone that disagrees with them is called a bad player.
10/10/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Heritor
PvE? Nah we're in a pretty good spot right now (plus we scale excellently with more gear.) PvP? Not necessarily more damage, but we just need our damage more balanced out (like everyone says, less burst more sustained.)
Warriors, DKs, Spreists and Warlock all double our damage. Now how is spreading out meager damage going to help?
Have you fully kept up with the changes to ret, and are gearing correctly to get the best damage? I ask because your tanking gear is most definitely set up in a pre-5.0 way.
Paladins clearly aren't designed for pvp in 5.0. Our damage is ALL about CDs and as soon as wings go up or king comes out you're getting ccd. The best thing you can do is try to blow your CDs when you think the enemy is out of CC. Like many have said our pve damage is fine if you manage your CDs but then again npcs don't usually spam fears and stuns etc on you.
10/11/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Agincourt
Warriors, DKs, Spreists and Warlock all double our damage. Now how is spreading out meager damage going to help?

[citation needed]
PvE-wise; we're fine. Paladins have amazing synergy between in all their stats (haste/mastery/crit) and will scale very quickly with improved gear.

PvP wise, I'm not having much trouble. Although we don't have the same WTF-BURST combo as warriors or BM hunters, I find myself able to apply constant and never-ending pressure with our ability to break snares. In addition, I find that paladins have a lot of utility they bring to arena and BGs. I enjoy filling that niche of being the pressure/support player in PvP than the burst character.

Warriors, DKs and Warlocks definitely do more damage (not too sure about doubling it warriors maybe do). Shadowpriests on the other hand have a long ramp up time.
We are behind in pre-raid and low end raid gear. Gear isn't rolling in at the moment.
Bosses like elegon and will of emp are not very ret or melee friendly for that matter.
Lack of a 2/4p also hurts since it tends to help us alot.

The world isn't ending but we could stand to scale better at the lower end.
Rets damage is fine.

We provide clutch heals to our team when our healers cant and we provide clutch burst dps when our dps cant.

If you think your dps sux.. look at your stats and ask yourself.

1) Is my pvp power 30%+
2) is my weapon a heroic blue or above
3) have I macro'd wings + guardian + trinket
4) Do I have inquisition up
10/10/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Frad
Is it me or does ret damage need a serious buff?

I Pretty much top every meter I've been on and as you see a lot of my gear is crap and a lot of those people are the "good damage specs". In this gear it's not unusual for me to roll 100k during cds and end up at 80k+ on random heros. In raids without the buff its a bit lower but I have still been winning every boss fight and most trash. Actually after looking at worldoflogs I'm not bad off I think there either. Either you are playing with the best of the best or you just need to work on your cooldown usage and timing. I don't claim to be awesome but I feel like Ret is in the best spot it has been in for a long time. I think once we are able to stop trying to make caps and roll haste it will just get better as well. Some of you are there I'm sure. I'm pretty casual these days tho.

No...
Got hit by a 205k shadowburn...sure wish Hammer of Wrath hit that hard :(

http://i.imgur.com/W0d3b.jpg
I realize you are talking about end game, but I have to say, compared to my other alts, I never die on this pally. Seems like I do a lot of damage and don't take much.
10/13/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Caluuna
I realize you are talking about end game, but I have to say, compared to my other alts, I never die on this pally. Seems like I do a lot of damage and don't take much.
Wait till you get to 90 and every class destroys you 1 v 1
10/13/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Agincourt
Wait till you get to 90 and every class destroys you 1 v 1

You're just unskilled. No class destroys me 1v1. Absolutely none.