Travel Form Question

Druid
Has it ever been said or discussed as to why there is no glyph or something to make our travel form move at mount speed (100%)?
It would have to be very limited then. Like make it not work in battlegrounds and arenas. Make it go regular speed in combat. Possibly have cast time then? I think in general it would be kind of overpowered.
Wouldn't be hard to balance. In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

You could even tack it onto the Glyph of the stag since it makes us a "mount" anyway.
10/03/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Astrai
In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

annoying when passing mobs
10/03/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Vyndorathran
In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

You could work it like getting dazed... you don't revert to original speed on entering combat, but if you get hit, there is a chance that it will daze you, reverting to 40% speed until end of combat.
10/03/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Vyndorathran

This.

We have mounts for a reason. We don't need a 100% travel mount and I'm very, very glad they don't try to implement it. It would be nerfed very fast for PvP and I'd rather 40% travel form speed in combat/PvP areas over a 100% travel form that can't be used in these areas.

10/03/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Sindaur
there is a chance that it will daze you, reverting to 40% speed until end of combat.

That doesn't work either. People wouldn't be able to CATCH you while flag running and all that...
We have mounts for a reason. We don't need a 100% travel mount and I'm very, very glad they don't try to implement it. It would be nerfed very fast for PvP and I'd rather 40% travel form speed in combat/PvP areas over a 100% travel form that can't be used in these areas.

Yet we have flight form..

When mounted it would act like a normal mount. You wouldnt suddenly become 40% when in combat. If however cast while in combat you would run at 40% speed as it is now.

It is a quality of life thing. Nothing about it would affect anything outside of shifting into 100% faster speed when not in combat instant cast not 1.5 sec like all the other mounts
10/03/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Astrai
Yet we have flight form..

Which is not useable in combat or PvP based areas (Tol Barad for example).

You wouldnt suddenly become 40% when in combat

Which doesn't work for PvP either. Flag carriers running at 100% speed AND carrying a pocket healer? No chance.

Nothing about it would affect anything outside of shifting into 100% faster speed

This is why Blizzard doesn't ask players to change the game for them... because a lot of them simply cannot see the implications other than "it'll be awesome for me, let's do it".
Travel form is really an emergency escape form. However, I would be happy with a glyph that increases travel form to 100% mount speed, but it can no longer be used in combat. Sadly, adjusting the speed whether or not you were in combat would be a little two powerful, and travel form is already a border line problem in PvP.

EDIT: And as to the flag carrier issue, you would likely still be slowed to 40% should a tauren jump on your back. The 100% would only serve as an instant cast solo mount.
the first 5 responses pointed out enough reasons why it would be hard to implement properly. its travel form, not "dont need a mount" form. it works fine the way it is now, any changes will almost certainly lead to problems.
10/04/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Metapawz
No.
No.

Resto Druids are insane to catch as it is in BGs, we don't need any more movement speed increase.