Strength dps trinkets

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So I was looking through the loot journal for MoP dungeons and found something very surprising. Out of all of the dungeons, only 2 drop dps strength trinkets, and only on heroic version. Really? I have to wait until heroics to upgrade my cata trinkets? Normal cata dungeons had strength dps trinkets as well as the upgraded ones for heroics. Historicly, trinkets have a low drop rate, which compounds the problem even more. Now, on the rare ocassions that they do drop, plate tanks and holy pallys will likely be needing on them against plate dps in their groups. At least in cata, I had the normal version trinkets to hold me over until I could win the heroic ones. Yes, you can get trinkets from some of the quests in Pandaria, but so far for me none have seemed better then the LFR/HoT trinkets I have. Is this just another way Blizz is trying to force plate classes into tanking?
Because you wont use a quest reward trinket you are forced to be a tank... wat?
10/04/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Nastirr
Because you wont use a quest reward trinket you are forced to be a tank... wat?

My point is the loot tables favor tanks more then dps, as there are more drops for tanks. There are 3 plate tank specs compared to 5 plate dps specs. If I use the quest reward trinkets I have received so far, they will boost my ilvl but I will also loose a lot of strength. I don't feel these 399ilvl greens are worth replacing the trinkets I currently have.
In fact, heroics drop two strength trinkets and two tanking trinkets. The situation is actually worse for tanks, because tanks favor different trinkets for different situations, whereas DPS generally have two BiS trinkets that they use in all situations. A tank gearing through heroics gets one stamina/dodge trinket and one mastery/dodge trinket. There's no double-stamina option. There's no double-mastery option. There's no trinket with static dodge, period.

I do agree that the questing trinkets are really badly itemized, though. The problem is that the trinket designers don't seem to have gotten the memo about budgeting primary and secondary stats differently, so a trinket with a primary stat and a secondary stat effectively has a 50% higher stat budget than a trinket of the same item level with two secondary stats.
10/04/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Keeblik
In fact, heroics drop two strength trinkets and two tanking trinkets.

This is correct. Normal version also drops a tanking trinket but no strength trinket. Why can't there be more of a trinket selection like there was in cata? This could be the game breaker for people trying to move up to heroics or LFR. I'm not 90 yet, but I'm sure those who have been running the new heroics can testify how EVERYONE who CAN need on a trinket WILL do so, seeing as how rare they are and how low the drop rate is. This hurts everyone, regardless if they need it for MS or OS.
10/04/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Vyeeria
This is correct. Normal version also drops a tanking trinket but no strength trinket. Why can't there be more of a trinket selection like there was in cata? This could be the game breaker for people trying to move up to heroics or LFR. I'm not 90 yet, but I'm sure those who have been running the new heroics can testify how EVERYONE who CAN need on a trinket WILL do so, seeing as how rare they are and how low the drop rate is. This hurts everyone, regardless if they need it for MS or OS.

...the green quest rewards trinkets in dread wastes are 435. While I did not upgrade my heroic spine trinket until 90 a 435 is likely still going to be an upgrade over an LFR trinket.
10/04/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
...the green quest rewards trinkets in dread wastes are 435. While I did not upgrade my heroic spine trinket until 90 a 435 is likely still going to be an upgrade over an LFR trinket.

I have yet to start questing there, as I am trying to do ALL of the quests in order. That being said, there really shouldn't be these kind of gaps in the loot tables. Is it so wrong to expect to eventually have a full set of uncommon dungeon gear if you run them all enough times? This isn't possible with normal MoP dungeons.
10/04/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Vyeeria
I have yet to start questing there, as I am trying to do ALL of the quests in order. That being said, there really shouldn't be these kind of gaps in the loot tables. Is it so wrong to expect to eventually have a full set of uncommon dungeon gear if you run them all enough times? This isn't possible with normal MoP dungeons.

This is because there are not as many normal MOP dungeons, it has nothing to do with loot tables. Why does it matter what gear your wearing when you level anyways? It's all going to be replaced at 90. There are not really gaps in the loot tables at 90 and pre 90 loot is not a concern. With the exception of palace all of the dungeon gear is replaced by quest greens and even the gear from palace is pretty far behind what you want at level 90.

If its gear your after quest at townlong for level 88 and dread wastes for level 89.
10/04/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Keeblik
A tank gearing through heroics gets one stamina/dodge trinket and one mastery/dodge trinket. There's no double-stamina option. There's no double-mastery option. There's no trinket with static dodge, period.

The Direbrew event gives a dodge trinket that drops quite often.

Our best option as prot paladins for a trinket right now is a 450 craftable.

Also, double stamina trinkets is a really bad idea at the moment.
seeing as how rare they are and how low the drop rate is.

If you're looking at Wowhead, it currently seems to be showing drop rates from level-90 heroics as being about half of what they actually are. I believe that the drop rates for the strength trinkets are 25% for Darkmaster Gandling's and 20% for Yan-Zhu's.

Why can't there be more of a trinket selection like there was in cata?

Well, one reason is that Cataclysm had more bosses. 40 at launch compared to 34 for Mists. That's room for 30 fewer items on the loot tables. And adding more drops means lower drop rates for existing items.

This could be the game breaker for people trying to move up to heroics or LFR.

There really is no "moving up" to heroics. The only thing easier than hitting the 440 item level requirement is actually running the dungeons. Questing through Dread Wastes will get you to 437. If you level exclusively through dungeons, you'll need to buy some gear, but Contender's gear is extremely cheap to make, and competition should drive the prices down quickly.

And with yesterday's changes to VP and JP gear, having bad luck with one or two drops no longer bars you from hitting 463 for Raid Finder. Also, engineers can make you a fairly decent 450 trinket.

10/04/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Vyeeria
Is it so wrong to expect to eventually have a full set of uncommon dungeon gear if you run them all enough times?

There are only four normal-mode dungeons, so there's just not enough room on the loot tables to give everyone a full set.
I think each zone has 3-4 quests that reward trinkets. They are all over the place, not to mention all the engineers making dragonlings for skill points. Trinkets are easier to get than ever, and that's even if you miss Brewfest completely.
Also, heroics are such a joke that after completing dread wastes you'll be ilvl to do heroics and start farming your gear.
Stop thinking Heroic

start thinking level 90 Faceroll.

You'll run either direbrew + str, or a dragon trinket (they're so cheap atm)

1800 secondary static stats (3 sets of 600) and a super minor dps proc pet.