prot pally needs help...

Paladin
i looked on the pally forum and couldn't find any answers and i don't know what to do so i need help with gearing stuff. Back in cata you would mostly gear for doge/parry/mastery but from what i read in mists is a bit different and you need a set amount of hit/expertise. What should i reforge/gem/enchant to? whats a good table for reforging? what gems should i use? How much hit/expertise do i need?
Hit to hard cap (7.5%) -> Exp to soft cap (7.5%) -> Mastery -> Exp to hard cap (15%) -> Haste -> Dodge/Parry

That's to smooth out damage spikes - it essentially means you normalize damage by having ShoTR up more often.

You can do a dodge/parry build, but you take spike-ier damage.
10/04/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Hölycõw
i looked on the pally forum and couldn't find any answers and i don't know what to do so i need help with gearing stuff. Back in cata you would mostly gear for doge/parry/mastery but from what i read in mists is a bit different and you need a set amount of hit/expertise. What should i reforge/gem/enchant to? whats a good table for reforging? what gems should i use? How much hit/expertise do i need?

Stamina is pretty much our best stat for hard hitting bosses. For things that take 4 or more hits to kill us its not as valuable. Really it depends on the encounter and your healers mana whether or not to prioritize it. Beyond that we have 4different gearing schemes for survival.

1. Maximum damage reduction: Stack dodge and parry. This gives us the most damage reduction and least amount of spikes. However, its very random and does the least to help save us from the most dangerous of attacks. Avoidance make avoidance stronger and makes hit/exp/mastery/haste weaker and vice versa. This is probably the way to go if your not running 25man raids and have healers with massive mana issue. Or if you just suck at Active mitigation.

2. Maximizing the DR of our Active mitigation: Stack mastery>hit>haste>exp. This maximizes the mitigation of our active mitigation. Its more reliable than stacking avoidance but can still have random misses and not enough Hopo when it matters most.

3. Maximum reliability: Hit 7.5%>exp to 15%>mastery>=haste. This maximizes our holy power generation so that we have a SotR for every major event. Going mastery smooths the curve a bit more and causes less damage while haste speeds up our Holy Power generation rate. Both have their benefits. Gearing this way overall has us take more damage than the other 2 in exchange for reliability. This is probably the method Min/Maxer will take in 25man hard modes.

4. Maximum DAMAGE: Hit to 7.5%>expertise to 7.5%>haste>expertise to 15%>mastery>str. You take the most damage this way but put out the most damage as well. Great for farm content with no chance of killing you ever. Not so great for healers mana =P

I think that for casual or 10man normal raiders a combination of 2-3 is the way to go:
Stamina>hit to 7.5%>exp to 7.5%>mastery>haste>expertise>avoidance.