PVP and Lower LVL Mages

Mage
Post Limit:
At what level to Mages start being decent at PVP???

Shatter combos barely do any damage to people... it takes couple minutes of kiting anything around to kill them, only hoping that none of my spells miss or else they stand a good chance of killing me... and have ZERO chance of killing any healer with half a brain...

My gear is decent and I realize the game is not balanced for lower lvl PVP. So just wondering what level did you guys see an improvement?
hard so say. When most of the people here were leveling their mages, it was a different time.
Yea I've quit the game a couple times and this is like the 3rd time I've leveled a mage. Never had this much trouble in PVP tho.

PvP is pretty much the only reason I play this game too...
I would stay away from low to mid level pvp then unless you really want to get disapointed. Any healer can easily withstand 2 to 3 dps on him its a joke. If they are full boa you may as well try and solo kara at level 20 then fight them.
10/05/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Emberstorm
I would stay away from low to mid level pvp then unless you really want to get disapointed. Any healer can easily withstand 2 to 3 dps on him its a joke. If they are full boa you may as well try and solo kara at level 20 then fight them.

tru dat!! At what level does it get better though? :)
If you don't have any BOA's then it's going to be difficult for you to compete with others that do have them in battlegrounds, because they are tremendously better than any blues/greens you will find.
10/05/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Portål
If you don't have any BOA's then it's going to be difficult for you to compete with others that do have them in battlegrounds, because they are tremendously better than any blues/greens you will find.

I do realize that too :( First character on this account unfortunately. Plan on getting the full Warlord set at 60. I still feel the mage class is way underpowered at my level. I consider myself a better then average pvper, not the greatest, but was usually in the the 1800-2000 arena ratings range before. Can usually take bad players in BoA gear.

Did anyone else feel this way leveling? Just wondering if there is level range when you felt things were getting better. 60? 70? 80?

The only reason I care is because I usually level pretty slow because all I really like to do is PvP. Thank god for Call to Arms BGs! definitely helps!
You will probably get huge shatters once you hit levels 75 and 80, when you get your mage bomb and your mastery. Frostburn is a beast for any shatter combo, and he mage bombs both are powerful on their own and provide Brain Freeze for frost.
wrong im leveling a monk and hunters can pretty much 1 hit almost every1 this is currently at the lvl 45-49 and healers can easily die if ppl all attack them at once ppl in bgs are too stupid too tho so ya
I actually gave up on an arcane mage I was leveling when the patch came out (he was in the early 40s). Overnight, in pve, he went from being able to kill creatures of his same level before they even got to him, to being constantly pummeled by the same creatures.

Then I noticed that Disc priests were doing the same kind of dps (and played in a similar manner) as the mage had been doing, and could heal at the same time, so I parked my poor pitiful mage, hoping some low-level balancing would come for him someday.

After reading some of these posts, maybe getting the mage into the 70s would finally get him to where he used to be, but that's 30 levels of putting up with him instead of having fun.