For All You Long Time Players...

General Discussion
WotLK > MoP (So far) > Cata > BC > Vanilla

I don't understand why people loved BC so much, it was grindy, if you weren't the right spec for your class you couldn't raid or do heroics, PvP was just lol worthy, and the gear grind was huge between tiers.

I don't understand why people loved BC so much, it was grindy, if you weren't the right spec for your class you couldn't raid or do heroics, PvP was just lol worthy, and the gear grind was huge between tiers.

For me more then anything it was lore, seconded by some of my favorite raid experiences that were ( imo) superior to most of Vanilla raids and the cutting of 40 man raiding that in hindsight, was terrible.
I'm not going to rate MoP, since it hasn't even been out for a month yet:

WotLK > BC > Classic > Hello Kitty Island Adventure > Cataclysm

I put Wrath ahead of BC simply because it was the 1st expansion where all specs were raid viable. It was the first expansion where I didn't have to hear "LOLRET!"

It was also, IMO, when Blizzard came up with the best plan for raiding. No longer did we have people getting left out, simply because they fell behind in the gear curve. No more going back to old raids simply because a new recruit needed to be geared. The best part? No more guild poaching.

Oh, and Ulduar :)
Wrath > BC > Classic > MoP & Cata
Wrath > BC > Classic > MoP & Cata

I don't mind grinds. I liked the story for Illidan a lot. I loved healing on a shaman, so I didn't care that I had to be the "right spec" since I loved it. I didn't even bother with PvP because I was having so much fun in dungeons and raids. I actually liked the gear grind since I just slowly progressed from "good enough to do the content while trying my butt off" to "good enough to do the content even if I screw up a couple times." I really liked that type of gearing up a lot more than "must be ilvl X to do content Y."

But my own reason I loved BC so much is it was the content with the most variation available in downrank healing. Downrank healing was easily at least twice as fun as any healing I've done since then, and I've tried every pre-monk healer in both PvE and PvP. That obviously doesn't apply to any non-healer, and probably doesn't even apply to all that many healers. But it gave me the best times I've ever had in WoW.
MoP>Wrath>BC>Classic>cata
classic > BC > Wrath > MOP > Cata

Classic because, well noob times. First mmorpg I have ever played, and It totally changed my life. Seriously, no game does this nowdays, this is why classic was good for me.

BC was good, I never got to do the raids when it was current content, but the quest and story and just being there was enough for me. BC was just that good.

Wrath, same for above.

MOP so far is good, a huge step from cata. (in a good way)

I hated cata. I don't know why I hate cata so much, but I felt as I wasn't involved in the story at all. It was just thrall and his super "im gonna save the world" beam. The only good things to come out from cata was LFR and transmog, as well as re-forging.
Basically due to the horrible badge system. PUGs demanded the best of the best. When you tried to organize a group the common players would rather not have a tank that wasn't overgeared. They could tolerate undergeared or appropriately geared dps apparently but not tanks.

Actually, the thought process was that a tank should respec dps until they overgeared the old/farm content. I was a healer, and my tanks never had a problem bringing a tank that went dps, even if they had no dps gear. And that tank as dps could need every piece of gear since our tank already had better. The point of the overgeared tanks was so we could pull 3 groups at a time instead of 1 (or worse, 1 using CC) and just be really efficient at tearing through those places. It was the difference between a 45-90 minute Kara run and a 4-hour Kara run. Same reason we eventually ran only 1 healer in KZ.

That might work for a guild but it doesn't get anywhere for PUGs. BC was where players could not even get into content they were slightly overgeared for because of badge farming efficiency. This is in no way a good thing. There was a small relapse of this in WOTLK in gearscore but with LFG already in place, things weren't as bad.
BC > MOP > WOTLK > CATA > CLASSIC

JMO though
I've been around since vanilla myself (but am still a noob.)

I liked all the expansions. I've really liked how the game has evolved and got better with each one.
Honestly so far Mist>BC>Cata>Classic>Wrath.
10/06/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Brenda
(1) Vanilla WoW. Should be everyone's #1, because there wouldn't be any expansions without it.

Eh true we wouldnt be here without it....it had great events like the scourge invasion, and of course realm wide events like the gates of AQ....Im glad the game has changed so much though. I look back on classic fondly and all it just hasnt been my favorite part of WoW.
MoP > BC > Vanilla > WotLK > Cata

God. MoP is BEAUTIFUL, it feels like they fired everyone but the Ulduar team, and made them do the WHOLE Xpac. Besides, it has this "Majora's Mask" feeling on it, its beautiful.
MoP > Wrath > Vanilla > Cata > BC for me.

MoP goes first because the most engaging, the most immersive, and the most fun I've had with the game in a long time. Tons of stuff to do, great visuals, great music, great mechanics, there's really nothing I don't like about it.

Wrath was just really well executed. I also played the most consistently through Wrath, getting the farthest in endgame I've ever gotten(I actually got to raid the final dungeon, though we never finished it while I was around).

Looking back, a lot of stuff in Vanilla kinda sucked hard, but it was what we had at the time and I've still got lots of fond memories of it.

I did enjoy Cata, but I feel it really lost steam towards the end, and I didn't play for a long time in between Dragon Soul and when I leveled this guy up in preparation for MoP.

BC I just hated. It's the only expansion I've actually quit playing before hitting the level cap, because I got so bored that I couldn't be bothered to level up any more. It was cool when it first came out, but it lost its luster for me rather quickly. Most of the new zones sucked, nobody ever wanted to run dungeons, and I wasn't a particularly big fan of either of the new races. I did hear BC had good raids, but I never got to them because the rest of it turned me off so much.

Posted by Brenda:
(1) Vanilla WoW. Should be everyone's #1, because there wouldn't be any expansions without it.
That doesn't follow. Just because it was the base game, that automatically means we should like it the most? If we'd liked every expansion less than the base game, why would we still be playing? It's like saying the original D&D boxed set should be your favorite version just because it came first, even if you hate the rules and never want to play it.
I'm far too lazy to make paragraphs. ;)

Vanilla > Wrath > MoP (so far) > BC > Cata
BC>MOP>WOTLK>Classic>Cata

This expansion is way better than I expected, and I am really enjoying it.