A Fresh Start

New Player Help and Guides
Hello, all! I'm excited to be joining you all here. I'm currently on a starter account, but I just bought the Battle Chest and the Cata/MoP expansions so I'm ready to get down to business!

A few questions though...
It would seem that people with starter accounts have a lot of trouble using the account management system on battle.net. After uninstalling/re-installing my browser, deleting cookies, trying to use different browsers or my phone nothing has worked.
Push come to shove, I don't mind starting over from scratch.. after all, I'm only a level 12 at this point and that hardly seems difficult to earn back again!

And secondly, if I delete this character, does anyone know if I can use the same name? I've gotten quite attached to it. ^_^

Again, pleasure to meet you all! I hope I'll run into some of you in the future!
It is possible to get that name again by deleting your character.
I can't help you with website issues, that might be better off in the customer support forum, or waiting for someone else to respond.

Your name is reserved on the server you make it on. Nobody can use that name until you delete that character, and then immediately afterwards you can grab the name.
10/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Winterbloom
It would seem that people with starter accounts have a lot of trouble using the account management system on battle.net. After uninstalling/re-installing my browser, deleting cookies, trying to use different browsers or my phone nothing has worked.

What are you trying to do? Starter editions normally don't have any trouble upgrading or playing after they've upgraded. Blizzard is having a bit of an issue with their servers at the moment, so that could be part of the cause for your trouble, depending on what your trouble is.

Push come to shove, I don't mind starting over from scratch.. after all, I'm only a level 12 at this point and that hardly seems difficult to earn back again!

It's very easy and quick to get up to level 12 again, but if you've already applied the upgrades to your starter account then if you start a new account you'd have to re-purchase the game again (I don't think you want to do that).

And secondly, if I delete this character, does anyone know if I can use the same name? I've gotten quite attached to it. ^_^

Yes. Once a character is deleted the name is released and is once again available for anyone on your server to use.
You guys are so awesome, thank you for your help!

Posted by Avanna
What are you trying to do? Starter editions normally don't have any trouble upgrading or playing after they've upgraded. Blizzard is having a bit of an issue with their servers at the moment, so that could be part of the cause for your trouble, depending on what your trouble is.

The problem is that I can log into my battle.net account and the game without any problems, but whenever I try to reach my account management page I keep getting redirected somewhere else. I have the game and first two expansions downloaded already, but I have yet to input any of the keys for the CDs. If the servers are having issues, then I certainly don't mind just waiting it out until level 20 before switching over.
The problem is that I can log into my battle.net account and the game without any problems, but whenever I try to reach my account management page I keep getting redirected somewhere else.

Where are you getting redirected to?

I just logged into my battle.net account and headed to my account management page, and everything was fine.