Guild Perks - Going Extinct?

General Discussion
Increased flight path speed isn't working on Pandaria right now (gotta love watching people fly past you)

I'm a paladin, I barely notice the guild-granted speed boost.

Rep/honor gains and mass resurrection are at least still functioning, yes. The hearth CD? 15 min vs. 30 min is negligible for me personally, but yeah, I like the perk.

I still consider my point true /shrug

Well, since they're all so awful, why care if they're taken away?
I personally miss HGWT (even though my guild never had it, I ran with lots of guilds in Cataclysm who did), and I really miss the speed increase from "The Quick & The Dead".

This said, I think they should overhaul guild perks anyway; those are what make people guild hop more than the guild rewards, which is completely opposite their intent. If they tied guild perks to guild rep, people would stick around longer. Those are the rewards people want, not a couple of heirlooms, banners and mounts.
10/09/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Amyiss

This was my question in the OP. If they're going to be obliterated so badly, they may as well not exist.

I care because I liked them. They sincerely helped me enjoy the game more. HGWT is the prime example. My guild used it constantly, and we have felt the sting of its absence pretty much every event we have together.

And yes, Quick and the Dead, even at the childish level, gave you that fun 'ZOOOOOOOM' sensation. Something to giggle about after a wipe. My guildies even had laughing races to get back just for the hell of it.

I'm simply calling foul on pulling something fun because of exploits that had obvious and different solutions.
10/09/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Eralen

This was my question in the OP. If they're going to be obliterated so badly, they may as well not exist.

I care because I liked them. They sincerely helped me enjoy the game more. HGWT is the prime example. My guild used it constantly, and we have felt the sting of its absence pretty much every event we have together.

And yes, Quick and the Dead, even at the childish level, gave you that fun 'ZOOOOOOOM' sensation. Something to giggle about after a wipe. My guildies even had laughing races to get back just for the hell of it.

I'm simply calling foul on pulling something fun because of exploits that had obvious and different solutions.

Exactlly, and I loved not having to make a zillion cauldrons for my raid becuase they would last 2 hours, now they don't. Yeah they have added some fun things but lowered the quality of life.