Mrrobot got me gemmin strait haste

Paladin
I'm relatively new to playing ret and i'm sure there's new stuff out there.......... seems like it would have me doing strength/haste or just strength mostly idk if there's some sort of cap ur should try to reach for the cds of our spells jw if anyone can shed some light on this for me
Secondary stat gems give double the stats of primary stat gems. 320 haste has more stat weight value than 160 strength.
econdary stat gems give double the stats of primary stat gems. 320 haste has more stat weight value than 160 strength.

No.
10/08/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Tèmplar
No.

Stat weights from Elitist Jerks:
Strength: 3.71
Haste: 2

That puts haste gems at 4 weight versus strength's 3.71, since haste gems have double the stats of strength gems.
10/08/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Tèmplar
econdary stat gems give double the stats of primary stat gems. 320 haste has more stat weight value than 160 strength.

No.

Yes.
It should have you doing haste-centric gemming.. it should not be telling you to gem haste while ignoring socket bonuses.

The site uses not specifically correct static weights. The weights are correct for the gear set they used in whatever modeling the site uses. At lower gear levels, they may not be correct, and strength-centric gemming should be slightly better. At higher levels, haste gemming is correct, and that has been known for quite a long time.
10/08/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Keten
No.

Stat weights from Elitist Jerks:
Strength: 3.71
Haste: 2

That puts haste gems at 4 weight versus strength's 3.71, since haste gems have double the stats of strength gems.

The above is in a roughly T14 Heroic set of gear based on SimCraft. While it is highly recommended you run your own stat weights, in general you can feel safe with:
Exemplar avoids putting weights in his threads because they're not static, regardless of what many other class threads would lead people to believe.. but so many people simply won't sim their own weights and constantly ask for weights.

One of the reason the robot isn't very good.
oh its not ignoring slot bonus' btw just thought it was weird but the gem thing added up perfectly for me i didnt get to play much the first week and kinda have been ignoring anything outside of lvling this toon so i could raid lol but good to know so mrrobot wasnt crazy good thing i just went w/ it
10/08/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Brukhalian
The above is in a roughly T14 Heroic set of gear based on SimCraft. While it is highly recommended you run your own stat weights, in general you can feel safe with:

It's for T14 Normal item levels and beyond. You'll hit the break point sooner in certain gear combinations than in others. I'm at the cusp of that break point myself in my current gear.

Still, people should sim their own toons to know for sure.
Rawr is actively being worked on for MoP. Assuming they get the internal sims appropriately modeled, it should be the superior way for gearing since it will be able to optimize to a much higher level by recursively going through not only the gear you have and testing with various combinations, but also with gear you have on hand.

Rawr just wasn't kept up to date very well in Cataclysm. I hope they can get it up to a better level. The code base (it's opensource) is an order of magnitude more organized than the sloppy mess that is simcrafter. I wouldn't touch simcrafter code with a 10 ft. pole. It's extremely sloppy. Rawr is much more powerful than using spreadsheets, but it's dependent on the class models being well developed.

We'll just have to wait and see how far along the guys working on it come. I don't have the time to help with it, which is usually the problem with projects like these. They are tools for such a specific purpose. Other opensource projects that can be used more widely (such as web apps and frameworks) tend to get a lot more developers involved since often it's not just a hobby, but also the foundation for something commercial.
I'm gemming str + 2ndary stat hybrids right now. Once I get mostly T14 gear I'll worry about the very slight dps increase as described on elitist jerks.
yeah i have rawr i use for my mage mostly cause of balancing stats, but for a paladin other than balancing hit/exp there are more clear cut winners considering theoretically haste never will go down in value