Hunter Pet Aggro

General Discussion
I have yet to have an issue with pets other than if they had growl on, and that's immediately noticeable, so I'm going to say 'No'.

I'm fairly sure the Stampede glyph just summons copies of your current pet, so you don't have to worry about Growl if it's already off.

But I like having all 5 of my pets out, variety is the spice of life. I don't want to see 5 wind serpents flapping about when I have some wolves, foxes and cranes that want to have some fun.

But yeah, that glyph is good for some folk, so I'm not saying its a bad idea, just was saying there's some hunters that like showing off a little of what we took the time to catch.
I just skimmed over this, but has anyone else had a issue where when you use Stampede, if the extras are up, when the mob dies, the clones will run off and attack the first "Red" mob they find? I noticed this, when soloing with my turtle. (yes ALL taunts turned on on my turtle). On a side note, my pet never seems to pull threat off tanks in dungeons, and i have been using a Cat or one of the new Quillen pets, I only keep taunts on on my Shale Spider and Turtle, and I glyphed Stampede because I only carry 4 pets, (never know when you will find a new exciting friend, am I right?
thankfully most hunters and locks aren't dumb and know to keep the taunts off. but I had both a hunter and a lock in a group yesterday and I swear it was the most miserable run I'd experienced since launch of MoP. even letting the pets die numerous times those players would not fix it. I left after the 2nd boss. it is just not enjoyable at all to hear "lol badtank" when there is literally nothing I can do on my end to keep aggro from taunting pets.
I use an addon called "Bad Pet" that announces it to the party when a pet is taunting, so that if some hunter or lock's pet is misbehaving, it doesn't reflect bad on the tank. Sometimes you just need to embarrass the owner of a pet to make them do things your way. I don't tank, but I have a resto shaman and i know how much of a pain it can be. I even sometimes make a point (on my shammy) to let the owner of the pet die so they get the point.
10/09/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Seyl
edit - hunter pets summoned through Stampede also seem to spam Growl on things. I don't know if that can be disabled at all since my hunter's not got acess to it yet.

it can be

the hunter has to either 1) glyph it or 2) pull out each pet he currently has available to him (not in his stable) and turn growl off one by one
10/09/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Alej
But I like having all 5 of my pets out, variety is the spice of life. I don't want to see 5 wind serpents flapping about when I have some wolves, foxes and cranes that want to have some fun.

then turn growl off on all five pets.

then turn growl off on all five pets.

I did, guessing you missed my previous post before. I'm just explaining there might be some hunters out there that haven't thought of checking all their pets.
One thing with stampede is it uses the hunter's (up to) 5 current active pets and how they're set up. In order for there to be a growl free stampede, the hunter has to go through and make sure growl is turned off for each and every pet by summoning it, checking, and un-summoning to move on to the next pet down the line. And if there's a tanky build pet in there, then yeah, that's gonna be effected.

I've just learned to misdirect to my pet more when solo questing instead of relying on growl myself just so I don't go absent mind going into a dungeon and suddenly my wind serpent pulls from a tank.

I'm fairly sure the Stampede glyph just summons copies of your current pet, so you don't have to worry about Growl if it's already off.

Anyone using that glyph is a terrible, terrible player. Not using it allows for five distinct buffs/debuffs, many of which the party is probably missing in 5 mans (and possibly 10 mans). Sure I could have five spirit beasts all cast the mastery buff, or I could include an increased damage debuff, a crit chance buff, etc.

Obviously all five pets should have growl off, but sometimes you just forget. Cut them some slack. There's no interface that allows you to see what all five pets have on autocast easily without literally rolling through all five with dismiss and call. Even then, you have to look in the spellbook unless it's on your pet's action bar.

Get over it and learn to taunt back for the ONE fight it takes to remind the hunter that he forgot to take growl off.
Hunter pet has growl on <---- main reason
Let hunter pet tank and die (some hunter pets are impressivly resiliant.) <---- hunter will remember than that something is off about their pet
If hunter is DERP and asks why pet is dying <---- "Hey man I thought you were being considerate and trying to save me from the hassle of tanking D :"

10/09/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Survive
I just skimmed over this, but has anyone else had a issue where when you use Stampede, if the extras are up, when the mob dies, the clones will run off and attack the first "Red" mob they find? I noticed this, when soloing with my turtle. (yes ALL taunts turned on on my turtle). On a side note, my pet never seems to pull threat off tanks in dungeons, and i have been using a Cat or one of the new Quillen pets, I only keep taunts on on my Shale Spider and Turtle, and I glyphed Stampede because I only carry 4 pets, (never know when you will find a new exciting friend, am I right?

Yes your stamped pets will try and unmercifully slaughter any other red targets nearby D: even with taunt off.
Look my tanking brothers and sisters... just let the pet die.

Don't get in a taunting contest with them.

But I don't want to get called bad!!!!!

Plus I'm pretty OCD and hate chasing the boss.
10/09/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Lilywind
thankfully most hunters and locks aren't dumb and know to keep the taunts off. but I had both a hunter and a lock in a group yesterday and I swear it was the most miserable run I'd experienced since launch of MoP. even letting the pets die numerous times those players would not fix it. I left after the 2nd boss. it is just not enjoyable at all to hear "lol badtank" when there is literally nothing I can do on my end to keep aggro from taunting pets.

Finally someone who feels my exact pain! And I think Stampede has something to do with it because I've seen them jump from pet to pet.
10/09/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Peverell
Get over it and learn to taunt back for the ONE fight it takes to remind the hunter that he forgot to take growl off.

I don't taunt off hunter pets anymore. I let them die, then I taunt.

if the hunter's too stupid to turn taunt off, glyph the ability, or turn all his taunts off, he deserves it.
Something to bear in mind with regards to Threatening Presence - you have to be careful to both disable autocast AND actually remove the buff.

I can easily see a lock right-clicking the button on the pet bar to disable autocast and thinking the buff is off.

Best advice - Right click once, then left click once. Your tank will thank you later.

But as this thread is about hunter pets, that advice is a tangent.
I don't know, I had some jerk tank apparently lose aggro to my pet. Start swearing at me over and over again. I had growl off, I had been chain running dungeons with my healer friend... no reason to have ever turned it on. It's also dps specced :P
10/09/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Anastasiia
pull out each pet he currently has available to him (not in his stable) and turn growl off one by one

That's what I did when I got Stampede.