Is it just me, or are undead pets lacking?

Pet Battles
I'm not sure what it is about them, but my ghostly skull and voodoo figurine don't seem to pull their weight against their own levels, I use leech debuff to start off and just spam shadow strike until I can KO with the nuke. I checked and it's not because i'm pitting them against their weaknesses.
Ghostly skull has been pwning me even when its lower level...

You going against pets that are strong agains undead?
10/04/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Rabzaus
I checked and it's not because i'm pitting them against their weaknesses.

Its more than not being weak in your attacks against them, you also need to make sure they're not strong against you. Doing PvE pet battles, you'll come across a lot of critters. Critters are strong against Undead.

Here's a good graphic that illustrates the Rock-Paper-Scissors of Pet Battles, shamelessly stolen from Breanni's site: http://www.warcraftpets.com/images/pet-battles/wow-pet-battles-strong-weak-infographic.v7605.jpg
dont forget to factor in the popup-after-dead ability for that last strike. I actually drew a match against another player with that ... and was very disappointed that I didn't get an Achieve for a PvP draw!!!!
10/04/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Rabzaus
I use leech debuff to start off and just spam shadow strike until I can KO with the nuke.

For Ghostly Skull, you should use Ghost Bite whenever it's available. It's a net increase in damage per turn, and it's not like you could do anything more productive on stunned turns. I'd say the one exception is if you expect to die in the same turn, in which case you should use something else and save Ghost Bite for your free turn, so that it won't be wasted by the stun.
I find Undead pets lacking because of their special ability. It ain't got sparkles on Mechs. While it is nice that they are immortal, it is only for one turn, and if you are good with switching + healing/repair, a Mech pet can get healed back to near full/ actual full. When in a corner, My undead pets act more as suicide bombers.
I just beat the undead pet trainer guy in Crystal song forrest, had to specifically level up 2 critters to 22-23 just to manage it (his undead are level 25).

Agony + curse of doom + call darkness + death grip.... undead have some very nasty abilities.