Soul reaper STILL NOT FIXED!?

Death Knight
Haste duration lasts 5 seconds

Tooltip says 10 seconds

WTB blue
There is nothing broken, the tooltip needs to be updated to 5 seconds. There was a hotfix posted weeks ago regarding this. Blue posters don't need to waste their time telling you this considering they announced it in a batch of hotfixes already.
10/04/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Scyzek
There is nothing broken, the tooltip needs to be updated to 5 seconds. There was a hotfix posted weeks ago regarding this. Blue posters don't need to waste their time telling you this considering they announced it in a batch of hotfixes already.

Would you mind sharing a link to the hotfix notes on Soul Reaper's duration? I have looked but haven't found any such notes.

The list I've checked is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_2_2012
I don't see the appeal of soul reaper, it hits less than an obliterate and it costs you a frost rune therefor costing you 1 obliterate.

A 5 second buff isnt even worth it.
The haste is half the power of Runic Corruption while lasting almost twice as long.

You don't need a killing blow to proc the buff, making it predictably easy to proc.

The damage is almost as high as an Obliterate crit when it hits normally. Currently (lvl 87), my Obliterate crits for ~75k and Soul Reaper hits for around 50-60k. Reaper has crit for over 108k.

Considering it only costs 1 rune, does almost as much normal damage as a 2-rune ability's critical damage or refreshes runes much faster (mine go from 8 to 5), I'd say it has enough appeal to at least make room on your bars for it.
10/04/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Wrongfu
I don't see the appeal of soul reaper, it hits less than an obliterate and it costs you a frost rune therefor costing you 1 obliterate

wrong. soul reaper does initial damage then big damage after five seconds. a killing machine obliterate with both diseases on the target would in most cases be more than a non crit soul reaper, but if it crits it blows obliterate out of the water.

and just so you know obliterate does not cost 1 frost rune therefore costing 1 frost rune does not cost you an obliterate, only half.
I don't see the appeal of soul reaper, it hits less than an obliterate and it costs you a frost rune therefor costing you 1 obliterate

wrong. soul reaper does initial damage then big damage after five seconds. a killing machine obliterate with both diseases on the target would in most cases be more than a non crit soul reaper, but if it crits it blows obliterate out of the water.

and just so you know obliterate does not cost 1 frost rune therefore costing 1 frost rune does not cost you an obliterate, only half.

If you only have 1 frost rune and 1 unholy rune up, and use the frost rune for Soul Reaper, that cost you the use of an Obliterate. That is what he meant.

In other news, my soul reaper lasts anywhere from 3-5 seconds. I don't think that's intended, and if it is, it's stupid.
10/04/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Road
In other news, my soul reaper lasts anywhere from 3-5 seconds. I don't think that's intended, and if it is, it's stupid.
I think the tooltip is wrong but yes, 5 seconds is short for a buff that requires something to be killed.
I've heard people say they get 3 seconds 4 seconds 7 seconds etc....

Its obviously broken.

And 5 seconds of 50% haste is !@#$ anyway
The haste is half the power of Runic Corruption while lasting almost twice as long.

You don't need a killing blow to proc the buff, making it predictably easy to proc.

The damage is almost as high as an Obliterate crit when it hits normally. Currently (lvl 87), my Obliterate crits for ~75k and Soul Reaper hits for around 50-60k. Reaper has crit for over 108k.

Considering it only costs 1 rune, does almost as much normal damage as a 2-rune ability's critical damage or refreshes runes much faster (mine go from 8 to 5), I'd say it has enough appeal to at least make room on your bars for it.

my obliterate on hits for 27ki at most and im in most pandarin gear :( btw where did u get your trinkets all the ones ive picked up or quested have been crit or stams.
On boss fight soul reaper crits for 230k, why would you not use it?
10/05/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Ihavetwodads

I'm not complaining about the damage... Just the haste duration bug

my obliterate on hits for 27ki at most and im in most pandarin gear :( btw where did u get your trinkets all the ones ive picked up or quested have been crit or stams.

My Obliterate crits for max 75k .. Not sure where you're getting 27k.
No one cares what your obliterate hits for lol. I'd also like to see a link to the notes saying the tooltip is broken, I don't trust gnomes. I'll KEEP looking around, if I find it I'll post it here...
10/05/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Darthium

It's not a bug, the tooltip is wrong.
10/05/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Ninamori

It's not a bug, the tooltip is wrong.

OT: that helmet looks seriously badass.
10/05/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Dalich
If you were dual wielding while you asked this, it's because 1) 2H gets a bonus to Obliterate damage and 2) a 2H weapon generally hits harder than a 1H anyway.

As fas as trinkets, I've just picked em up from solo quests along the way.
10/05/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Ihavetwodads

As Unholy since it scales with Mastery. I'm considering going Unholy again. Our UH DK is pretty high on DPS for most fights but as soon as the boss drops below 35% suddenly he rockets to the top of the meters. It just doesn't hit as hard when you're Frost.