A change in playstyle from my loving friends.

Wyrmrest Accord
Thokk becoming a tank?

http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
Thokk becoming a tank?

http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

That reminds me, Thokk rise for the tanking anthem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXnXC_75SHI
10/05/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Kuaeska
Nah, I mean when a tank gets so tired of stupid people standing in the fire or pulling things before he can get to them, they snap.

This is why I just quit halfway through Ulduar. I couldn't take the stupid people pulling !@#$, dying when they shouldn't have, and just. Ugh.

If you want me to Thokk, I wouldn't mind taking over a half-tanking role myself. I'd been thinking on it for a while anyway.
To be a little serious.

I suggest you (and everyone else) read this;
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1577525240

It helped prepare me for tanking.

Just remember.

Don't get power hungry just because you have a little shield beside your character portrait.
*tsk, tsk, tsk*

Not everyone was meant to be a tank. I've tried it and don't really like it. I mean I like the idea of it, but actually doing it is another thing. Also hiding behind a shield really doesn't fit the whole "Kina, the warrior princess" image I have her. Beating the crap out of things with two massive swords is just more fun, and it looks sexier too.
10/05/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Thokk
Have any of you ever had a similar experience that made you change specs (even if its from DPS#1 -> DPS#2) and play-style?

I used to tank on warrior and druid, but then the level of snark switched me over to pewpew instead. Then more snark and cross-realm yelled-at-rhymes-with-bunt runs, and now I don't anything at all.

Dungeons turn perfectly normal people into GO GO GO GO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GOD YOU FAIL GO GO GO and dnw. 8|

Solo is my preference now, and I've honestly been having a blast with that. It's very fun to figure out ways to get around stuff on your own. :3
I have faith in you Thokk. I'm sure you'll shape up to be a fantastic tank.
It always helps, when you're protecting friends. :)

That's a big reason I heal.
That is, until tanking plate started dropping from mobs.
While we usually designate one person in our Magical Adventure runs to be a faux-tank to get us in the queue faster (note: our runs are entirely guild built, so screw-ups are all on us and we laugh about it), one of us took the tanking plate drops as a sign.

Sadly, that person was me.

Bah!

That's only 'cause I wasn't there to ninja all the tank loot!
thokk stop taking my tank gear
Good news, everyone!

I tanked two heroics.
AND WE DIDN'T DIE!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Also:
Taldin, I'd stop taking your tank gear if... you know... you actually ran dungeons with us again.
I used to tank exclusively on this character because Retribution during Cataclysm was not fun. I think tanking teaches you to be at the top of your game. I now have much faster reaction time than my friends who only play dps.

But now Retribution is actually fun so I'm getting lazy!
I'm tankin' my way to 90. Whee.
We have a group in our guild who tanks with a warlock that has Dark Apotheosis with a plate DPS queueing as tank. I have watched with extreme doubt that it would work, but they plowed through normals and heroics at a steady pace. It is very weird.
On my own, I am rapidly starting to hate tanking. I get dungeons and every DPS is pulling things to the point that I am cursing at my monitor while I thunderclap, shockwave and Tab+Devastate like a mad panda. When I ask for them to stop I get answers ranging from 'kay' to 'lol It is just leveling dungeons. Its not important.'

*sigh*

I agree... as a leveling dungeon ironbound discipline is not a requirement, but a little order would not be amiss.
On my own, I am rapidly starting to hate tanking. I get dungeons and every DPS is pulling things to the point that I am cursing at my monitor while I thunderclap, shockwave and Tab+Devastate like a mad panda. When I ask for them to stop I get answers ranging from 'kay' to 'lol It is just leveling dungeons. Its not important.'

Shazu, our shaman does this.
I consider it a challenge.
10/06/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Daiming
On my own, I am rapidly starting to hate tanking.

I find this comment strange. I haven't attempted tanking in this expansion yet, but I tanked all throughout Cata and I would assume any changes that were made were not hugely sweeping?

If your team starts attacking mobs before you've established aggro, they will gain aggro. This is a normal part of gameplay, and not your fault. Just pound on/taunt whatever's eating your friends. Unless the person has been attacking the mob for a while, it should immediately switch over to you.

If players want to attack mobs and gain aggro on their own, that's their decision. Sometimes they can handle a single mob just fine and are actually helping you out, even if it doesn't look that way from your perspective. Things might have gotten crazy and they may be taking some lumps to protect the healer.

Or they might just be impatient, but really, if they run way ahead and get themselves killed on their own, nine times out of ten the healer is going to think they're an idiot.