Slow Down!

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I can't get this saying out of my head ever since I started playing WoW:MoP!

But, it actually does make me "slow down" and realize what's going on around me more.

I now find myself slowing down and enjoying the game itself more.
I take the time to admire and be amazed by the new Pandora continent.
I now take the time to read all the quest text and dialogue.

Slowing down has actually made me enjoy playing even more!
I appreciate more the world we were given to explore.

Thanks Blizzard for making me realize that we all need to "slow down" sometimes!
It does get monotonous though, and ironic when the NPC is in a rush for you to do something like defend a town/rescue prisoners/put out fires.
I particularly liked it when I was pulling the Pandaren suck under the rocks in that mine (can't remember the zone or the name of the quest) and several of them when I clicked on them told me to slow down. I laughed and was thinking "You're being crushed by rocks and you want me to slow down while rescuing you?"
10/05/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cylac
But, it actually does make me "slow down" and realize what's going on around me more.

It does for me too. When I hear the NPCs say it, I actually slow down. I'm paying for this game, I'm going to take my time to enjoy it.

As for things stuck in my head, the pandaria inn music... Can't shake it.
10/05/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Kaeilthas
I particularly liked it when I was pulling the Pandaren suck under the rocks in that mine (can't remember the zone or the name of the quest) and several of them when I clicked on them told me to slow down. I laughed and was thinking "You're being crushed by rocks and you want me to slow down while rescuing you?"

If you pull them out too quickle, the sudden pressure release may harm them? I dunno if it's a thing, but, maybe?
I got a real kick out of the Chen Stormstout and Li Li story line as I went through The Valley of the Four Winds. The older and wiser and awesome Chen trying to give sage advice to the young kid in a rush, which was met with dismissal made me think of the forums and the community in WOW and the two sides of myself that want to rush and see it all and the side that wants to slow down and enjoy.

Also, the "slow down" Pandaren now make me smile every time I hear them. As I rushed to 90 while trying my best to follow Chen's advice, they would remind me to not get caught up in the race without taking some time to enjoy the sights. So I did a little of both as I leveled.

Kudos to the Devs for putting some bit of "meta-lore" into that quest line and into the Pandaren personality. It is very clever for the game devs to use the in game elements to deliver a message about the game itself. Advice-ception? Not sure what to call it, but it made me smile when I realized what was going on.
I still get a kick out of dwarven flight masters. "KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND!"
10/05/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Kaeilthas

lol this is hilarious!
With the stunning scenery throughout Pandaria, I find myself taking the time to pause and smell the digital roses on more than one occasion. Not everything has to be a race to the finish line, but if you enjoy the race, go for it!

Me? I’m taking a page from the Pandarens by kicking back and enjoying the experience at my own pace.
Guys... Slow down...
I love the race. I know I will never win it, but I just love doing things as fast and as efficient as possible.

Which is one of the reasons I love MoP so much, I have SOOO much to do! I NEED TO DO EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW.
You have much to learn!
With the stunning scenery throughout Pandaria, I find myself taking the time to pause and smell the digital roses on more than one occasion. Not everything has to be a race to the finish line, but if you enjoy the race, go for it!

Me? I’m taking a page from the Pandarens by kicking back and enjoying the experience at my own pace.

Hopefully not at the Chen Stormstout level. You'll get to 90 in a few years at that rate...
Just yesterday I found a drop off from a cliff that looked like it was half a mile high behind a quest return near the SE corner of Kun-Lai Summit. The drop off had skulls painted on signs all around it and I wanted to jump so bad (water below) but decided against it because it would have taken an hour to get back up. If it wasn't for being glued to the ground, I never would have found this neat detail from Blizz.