Conquest Quartermaster Gone

Customer Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
The game moves forward, always.

And really, even if you're sticking in the 85 bracket, the gear isn't all that good.

People can equip level 85 toons with things like Fletcher's Sharpening Shoulders or Umbrella of Chi-Ji. With those stats, the old PvP gear just pales in comparison.
"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" -- Sokka
"You make it too easy!" -- Toph

For one thing, resilience and power are missing from that gear so no the stats do not matter without the resil and power to back it up at any level. This is why people do not use dungeon gear in higher level battlegrounds. They do not have the pvp stats to survive and...

2nd, the comparison of level 85 gear to level 90 is ridiculous. Of course the 85 gear "isn't all that good". If you compare 80 gear to 85 gear, the 80 gear isn't all that good. Neither is the 70-80 or the 60-70 gear. Each new gear set has additions. All gear will be superior compared to it's predecessor.
10/09/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Womack
2nd, the comparison of level 85 gear to level 90 is ridiculous

why does that matter the gear pahanda posted is level 85 usable and level 90s are in their own brackets

as far as the s9 gear in dalaran its better then nothing and if the other gear truely was meant to go away those that have it will either twink (own bracket) or level to 90 soon enough either through pve or experience from pvp and be out of your bracket. so you will be competing against level 85-89s who are in the same situation you are with pvp gear.
patch day still no vendor
do you know how maddening it's have honor capped at 4000, each BG no gain, but can't buy any pvp gear, while get slaughtered in BG by others in full 11 gear?
and this is 3rd week into the game, they didn't catch it in beta, in 3 weeks production, and still no status after so many people complained about it both in game and in forums
what kind of business are you running? it's absurd. you can kiss my money good bye
10/09/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Charmiee
and this is 3rd week into the game, they didn't catch it in beta, in 3 weeks production

This would tell me that it is intended then.
I like how Pahanda is a complete shill for Blizzard, and his response for anything Blizzard might do to break a given playstyle is that you should just adopt another playstyle and shut up.

Drink the delicious addiction through your fingertips and worship the Activision God.
I like how Pahanda is a complete shill for Blizzard, and his response for anything Blizzard might do to break a given playstyle is that you should just adopt another playstyle and shut up.

Drink the delicious addiction through your fingertips and worship the Activision God.

I like how when anyone says anything that isn't "ZOMG BLIZZ SUX0RS I HATE THEMZ AND THIS GAME!!!ELVENTYONE111!!!!" it makes them a "shill" for Blizzard. Pahanda was actually correct, twinking isn't a supported play style and Blizzard isn't going to go out of their way to support it. If a decision is made and it happens to effect twinks negatively, but is the direction that Blizzard wants to go with the game then they aren't going to worry about the twinks.

And can we stop with the Activision thing? All it does is show that you don't know what you are talking about and just post whatever the "Blizzard sux" hive says. Activision has NOTHING to do with how Blizzard is run or what goes on in WoW.
I'd really like to see these sets made available, i'm missing one or two bits from them and it'd be nice to have a shiny full set to transmog... and for pwning too ;)
10/08/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Charmiee

That's correct. I would proceed for now under the assumption that this was an intended change, and get on with playing the game. Vrakthris will pass on what information he can, but the people who will get it for him are very busy.
"Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn

that's what i have problem with, busy with what? i think this is among the highest priority issues since it affects a whole category of players who chose to level via pvp

don't you just love every other comment from the mvp saying go level up and use this gear and that when is obvious they don't pvp , I for one i have just came back to the game for little over 2 months I want to enjoy it at every level and have a fair advantage it doesn't matter what gear you list be it season 9 or crafted gear or pve gear it pales in comparison to season 11 , not everyone wants to level to max right away so stop telling us too , I for one have canceled my account due to this I will not be forced to buy a expansion or level to 90 before I want to just to have a fair chance in pvp , pvp is what i play this game for ya i pve a little but really id go to another game if i wanted to pve allday .
The vendors were still there after MoP went live.

I know because I bought my cata chest the Sat after.

They weren't removed until Tue's hotfix, 10/2/2012.
10/09/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Alastorr
when is obvious they don't pvp

The 9200 HKs I have on this character alone disagrees with you. I've got the 25k meta HK achievement between all of my characters - and I have a character with a Vanilla PvP rank.

I've crafted the entire 450 PvP set for myself, and purchased a few Dreadful pieces with honor.

How does that crow taste?

Look, I get that people want to level through PvP. That's fine. You can still do that.

You just don't have this gear right now.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
if a dungeon doesnt drop loot, you bet blizzard will hot fix it same day even if it has to down servers for hours, well for pvp it took 3 weeks still no status or ETA, shame
10/09/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Charmiee
if a dungeon doesnt drop loot, you bet blizzard will hot fix it same day even if it has to down servers for hours, well for pvp it took 3 weeks still no status or ETA, shame

There is no need to exagerate, it hasn't been 3 weeks at all, it has been about 7 days since the vendors were moved. You can still buy PvP gear.

The vendors were still there after MoP went live.

I know because I bought my cata chest the Sat after.

They weren't removed until Tue's hotfix, 10/2/2012.

There is no need to exagerate, it hasn't been 3 weeks at all, it has been about 7 days since the vendors were moved. You can still buy PvP gear.

Yes, the vendors have only been gone for 7 days, but would you guys please stop saying that we can " still buy PvP gear "?

Because what's available, is .....

You know it. We know it.

There's no need to rub salt in the wound by continuously repeating it.
10/09/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Sharaelia

No one is trying to rub salt into anything, you are acting like they completely removed PvP gear and there is no way to get it at all. That simply isn't true. Calm down and breath this isn't the end of the world and they aren't trying to shaft PvP players.
No, I'm acting like there's no way to get effective PvP gear for a level 85.

If you want to state the facts, state them. Something like;

Hey guys! Don't be sad! You can totally still buy PvP gear for your level 85 PvP matches! Of course, you'd be just as effective having your toon run naked through all of your BGs as you will be wearing it, but that's of little consequence. It's still available!
10/09/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Scuba

No one is trying to rub salt into anything, you are acting like they completely removed PvP gear and there is no way to get it at all. That simply isn't true. Calm down and breath this isn't the end of the world and they aren't trying to shaft PvP players.

hey how about dungeons drop no loot from now on, you can still get pve gears through quests and AH, calm down and enjoy the game lmao

I'd like to note that Pahanda actually asked Vrak if he could look into the issue of the PvP gear. So please don't go there on the Pahanda being a Blizzard shill. Please learn to read threads before you post such utter stupidity.
10/09/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Charmiee

hey how about dungeons drop no loot from now on, you can still get pve gears through quests and AH, calm down and enjoy the game lmao

And if that were the case then I would. Not sure what that has to do with anything, the gear wasn't removed from the game. The vendors were simply moved to Pandaria.

And if that were the case then I would. Not sure what that has to do with anything, the gear wasn't removed from the game. The vendors were simply moved to Pandaria.

so you have no clue what we are talking about lol

so you have no clue what we are talking about lol

Yes I do, I'm sorry the level 85 conquest gear is indeed gone. I thought that it had moved to the new vendors in Pandaria. However you can still buy PvP gear, they have not removed the gear from the game, which is what you are implying by saying that I would be upset if they removed all of the PvE gear from a Raid.