Enhancement needs plate...

Shaman
The damage from multiple physical dps (ahem, BM/Warrior) is unlivable. I'm doing turbocleave. We get up to 2200, then we face KFC at least half the time, and keep dropping until we're so tired of it that we just start playing horribly. If they focus my warrior, we win. If they focus me, we lose in 2 minutes or less.

We're like retribution paladins, except they have plate, and bubble, and freedom, and extra bops, AND better more reliable and consistent heals. Druids have crazy mobility, bear form, better defensive cooldowns, etc.

Enhancement has definitely gotten better and is pretty damn good, but in this area we're still extremely lacking like we were all Cata. We need solid physical damage reduction.

Oh and buff rogues.
I agree with the squishyness of enhancement being bad but here's a few tips.

SBTx2 with Call of the Elements > Astral Shift especially because it scales with gear, and is stronger when you pop DPS trinket / bloodfury.

Have your Warrior peel like crazy when they pop their cooldowns.

CC other team's warrior when they pop their cooldowns.

Pally shouldn't bubble early.

Swap offhand to a weapon with Rockbiter on it and unleash it on the Warrior when they pop their cooldowns. Then switch back your offhand to your first weapon.

Also, stop reforging anything into crit.

Get 3% hit, 3% expertise and prioritize Mastery/Haste over everything else.

Once I figured all that out we beat KFC teams 80% of the time.

My main problem is not Arenas. Its RBGs, I can do all that but when you have 6 DPS targetting you, you will most likely die as enhancement, and we have some terrible sustained damage, we require Ascendance to do anything significant.
Since the OP was asking about survivability, as a point of note, Mastery does not affect your survivability outside of AG.

Crit does.
Since the OP was asking about survivability, as a point of note, Mastery does not affect your survivability outside of AG.

Crit does.

Barely. The loss of Damage from reforging to crit is absolutely not worth it.
Let's give Rogues plate while we're at it

What can go wrong?
I've always thought it should have been our last talent since BC. The big problem with it is stats. You either have to make plate specifically for enh (which is unfair in the favor of holy paladins ATM) or change enh's major stats to match the gear.

I think a better idea would be to give a passive to enhancement would boost their armor to match plate armor.
yep
10/08/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Felocity
I think a better idea would be to give a passive to enhancement would boost their armor to match plate armor.

We had a similar passive in cata

Toughness.

:/

Yeah, what I'm suggesting is to up the % of armor to match that of plate.

I do remember it, though, I was just waiting for someone to bring it up, haha.
Making the armor equal to plate won't actually do much. Several of the plate specs have gotten blown up in the past.
We don't need plate, we need a designer to come and clean up the completely contradictory functions in our toolset. Why did they double the CD of most of our utility totems only to give CD reduction in a talent that isn't that great with earthbind being near useless now? Why is Unleashed Fury so bad compared to practically every other spec's options? The only reason to use Unleashed Fury over Elemental Blast is because most 5 stack Maelstroms need to be used on self heals because of our bad survivability. But then why does UF's bonuse to Unleash Flame boost Lightning Bolt damage? If we were going to use Lightning Bolts we'd be speccing into EB. Etc.
10/09/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Taowth
We don't need plate, we need a designer to come and clean up the completely contradictory functions in our toolset. Why did they double the CD of most of our utility totems only to give CD reduction in a talent that isn't that great with earthbind being near useless now? Why is Unleashed Fury so bad compared to practically every other spec's options? The only reason to use Unleashed Fury over Elemental Blast is because most 5 stack Maelstroms need to be used on self heals because of our bad survivability. But then why does UF's bonuse to Unleash Flame boost Lightning Bolt damage? If we were going to use Lightning Bolts we'd be speccing into EB. Etc.

im pretty sure the bonus your talking about is flametounge's UF which increases LB dmg by 30%. Your right it is near useless for enhance. this is because its for ele, since with the sham 4 piece we will now be using frostbrand. Pretty bad design imo for a talent to depend upon a set bonus that reduces our magic dmg for a snare/sprint.

all that stuff about unleash weapon/fury for flametounge/frostbrand is meh, since rockbiter will actually be used alot more by good enh shamans for survivability. I mean come on, its pretty much astral shift on a 15s cooldown... Frostbrand > rockbiter swap and Unleashed > frostbrand back
This should be a talent to replace Astral Shift in the first talent tier. Not to wear plate but increase armor up to a certain % just a few notches below plate wearers. And some sort of smaller passive buff to stamina added onto the talent to make up for the difference.

Then buff or retool Nature's Guardian and Stone Bulwark Totem as to be equally attractive options for resto and elemental.
10/09/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Kargesh
This should be a talent to replace Astral Shift in the first talent tier.

And what would you do with it instead? Make it baseline?

Because, I love my Astral Shift.
10/08/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Hyjinx
Making the armor equal to plate won't actually do much. Several of the plate specs have gotten blown up in the past.

This, most of our other defensives can't be used while silenced/stunned/feared, etc.

10/07/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Hubrix
We're like retribution paladins, except they have plate, and bubble, and freedom, and extra bops, AND better more reliable and consistent heals. Druids have crazy mobility, bear form, better defensive cooldowns, etc.

Astral Shift and SBT/Other defensive abilites should be usable while silenced.
Astral Shift needs to be used while stunned, or at least a minor glyph or something for it.
10/10/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Platform
This should be a talent to replace Astral Shift in the first talent tier.

And what would you do with it instead? Make it baseline?

Because, I love my Astral Shift.

Good point. Actually just scrap that idea and make Astral Shift last 10 seconds instead of 6 and usable while stunned/feared/etc. I like the talent a lot but it feels underpowered.
I agree with the squishyness of enhancement being bad but here's a few tips.

SBTx2 with Call of the Elements > Astral Shift especially because it scales with gear, and is stronger when you pop DPS trinket / bloodfury.

Have your Warrior peel like crazy when they pop their cooldowns.

CC other team's warrior when they pop their cooldowns.

Pally shouldn't bubble early.

Swap offhand to a weapon with Rockbiter on it and unleash it on the Warrior when they pop their cooldowns. Then switch back your offhand to your first weapon.

Also, stop reforging anything into crit.

Get 3% hit, 3% expertise and prioritize Mastery/Haste over everything else.

Once I figured all that out we beat KFC teams 80% of the time.

My main problem is not Arenas. Its RBGs, I can do all that but when you have 6 DPS targetting you, you will most likely die as enhancement, and we have some terrible sustained damage, we require Ascendance to do anything significant.
Stonebulwark does not scale with gear any more than Astral shift does. Stonebulwark should never be used by an enhancement at the moment because it only gives us about 2/3 of what it gives ele/resto. COTE is crap because it makes capacitor near-useless. Crit is also better with haste to keep Flurry up for both sustained damage and Ascendance burst.

Looking at your armory, your spell crit is only 3% and your mastery damage is 40%. Just to let you know, crit will increase your spell damage by almost as much as mastery at that point anyways, plus your physical damage, so you're just missing out on the flurry.

I can beat terrible KFCs too. In fact, I think the latest one we beat was Rzn on his warrior.
10/10/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Hubrix
Stonebulwark does not scale with gear any more than Astral shift does.

scales with agility
10/10/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Hubrix
Stonebulwark does not scale with gear any more than Astral shift does.

I don't exactly understand what you mean. Astral Shift doesn't scale with gear--it scales based off of incoming damage (Not in % absorbed, but actual damage amount absorbed).
10/10/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Platform
I don't exactly understand what you mean. Astral Shift doesn't scale with gear--it scales based off of incoming damage (Not in % absorbed, but actual damage amount absorbed).
It just scales off of your opponents' gear. Same thing.

I saw on the hot-fix patch notes that they nerfed PvP healing/shields by 15% across the board. That is really screwing us right now since so much of our survivability had been coming from heals rather than damage reduction. If our heals don't get buffed back up we really need some better damage reduction.