Monks and Weapons

Monk
Am I the only person who finds finds it really backwards that the only ability we have that uses a weapon is our weakest one? We can punch a dragon to death with our bare hands, then unsheath our weapon to do a pathetic hit. It's really weird and off putting.

If we almost exclusively fight with our hands and feet, wouldn't it make sense to only use a weapon for a finisher, or devastating attack or something?

Also, upside down staves look retarded and make me want to never equip a staff.

On the bright side, I'm finding mistweaver healing to be really fun.
I'd be happy with a glyph that made us hold our weapons for autoattack animations. Give us a choice.
Yeah same. Pretty much anything but this weird setup.
Should try rerolling rogue. You'd get more of what you're looking for.
I have an 85 of every class, rogues just for some reason don't quite do it for me. I have no problems with the unarmed attacks of a Monk, it's just weird that the one attack I have that does use a weapon is my weakest hit.
I have fist weapons

staves I can understand

axes, maces, swords I can understand

polearms...I can understand

why why WHY do my fist weapons not show in my attack animations?!

/sad panda
10/08/2012 02:43 AMPosted by Mayliene
why why WHY do my fist weapons not show in my attack animations?!
OMG I thought it was just me! I thought I was bugged or something because the graphics of my fist weapons weren't showing up.
10/07/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Yasuragi
Am I the only person who finds finds it really backwards that the only ability we have that uses a weapon is our weakest one?

It's even stranger when you remember that the initial concept of the Monk was that we would only use a weapon for finishing moves and that Jab was supposed to have a different animation unique to Monks depending on what weapon was equipped.

Somehow that turned into "Jab only changes the tooltip description, it's the only time you'll use weapons, and all of your weapons will sheath very high on your back".

Don't get me wrong, I love that Monks have unique fighting animations, but I don't think a "Glyph of the Weapon Master: You now auto attack with your weapons drawn" is too much to ask for. Also, make Fist weapons sheath and animate properly!
[/quote]Don't get me wrong, I love that Monks have unique fighting animations, but I don't think a "Glyph of the Weapon Master: You now auto attack with your weapons drawn" is too much to ask for. Also, make Fist weapons sheath and animate properly![/quote]

Best idea ever
I also want to see a Glyph of Weapon Mastery. There aren't a great deal of attacks that use fists as it is, but it would be nice to see them use weapons.

Tiger Palm, Jab (usually does already), Auto Attack, Touch of Death. Blackout Kick would probably have to stay the same, but Spinning Crane Kick and Leg Sweep could probably use the weapon-based spinning animation instead and it would still make sense.
I'm pretty sure at the beginning of beta Monks were supposed to use weapons during their finishing moves (chi spenders) while using hands/feet in resource generating moves.
i doubt they will give you a glyph. us warlocks have been asking for a glyph to turn our fire spells green since glyphs were introduced, hell before glyphs were introduced as well, and they have yet to do it.

I am however enjoying playing the monk that i have.
i doubt they will give you a glyph. us warlocks have been asking for a glyph to turn our fire spells green since glyphs were introduced, hell before glyphs were introduced as well, and they have yet to do it.

I am however enjoying playing the monk that i have.

Well the glyph was ingame for a time during wotlk beta. They took it out because it didn't fit the nature of warlocks that players are playing.