1 Day of Cloud Serpent Dailies = 1800 rep

General Discussion
2 Days of Klaxxi (1 set of dailies = twice the time of Cloud Serpent) = 1650 rep

They aren't messing with us at all.
Jade who?
If by jade serpent you mean cloud serpent , then it makes perfect sense why it's faster then the Klaxxi.

You get a mount from the cloud serpent , something that really doesn't have much of a effect on the game.

You get gear from the Klaxxi , something they've made painfully clear they don't want us obtaining at the same speed we did in cata.
Cloud serpent?

Level your secondary professions, get four more dailies a day.
If by jade serpent you mean cloud serpent , then it makes perfect sense why it's faster then the Klaxxi.

You get a mount from the cloud serpent , something that really doesn't have much of a effect on the game.

You get gear from the Klaxxi , something they've made painfully clear they don't want us obtaining at the same speed we did in cata.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
How can we get gear fast when we're still VP capped? Lame argument.
150 rep diff is such srs bsns
10/08/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Feyniphia

2 days vs 1 day, plus Klaxxi does take quite a bit longer considering you get the 1800ish rep from 3 quests with the Serpents vs 1650 from 2 days of 8 quests each (total of 16) from the Klaxxi.
10/08/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Arland

2 days vs 1 day, plus Klaxxi does take quite a bit longer considering you get the 1800ish rep from 3 quests with the Serpents vs 1650 from 2 days of 8 quests each (total of 16) from the Klaxxi.

Klaxxi give some serious Valor Rep Rewards. They 'should' take longer to grind up.
10/08/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Infernalist
Klaxxi give some serious Valor Rep Rewards. They 'should' take longer to grind up.

And you can only buy one piece every two weeks, three if you're going for a 2250 piece. Realistically, you could hit Revered within three days and still have to wait three weeks to buy the VP piece, but at least you wouldn't have to grind the dailies anymore (unless you wanted Charms and VP outside of dungeons).

Besides, they did say they took out head enchants so people wouldn't feel they *had* to do dailies. This seems like they're talking out both sides of their mouth.
10/08/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Infernalist
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Although, you must share.
Heck they could just make the grind to Exalted hardcore since that's where the useless vanity items are (instead they're going to do it the other way around). Dailies are fun when you do them when you like to, not when you do them every day because you know if you don't you're going to fall behind on the gear treadmill.
Oh look, another topic I killed with irrefutable logic.
Look at it this way , The klaxxi are a main story hub , the quests in the dread wastes and the dailies tell the tale of one of the central conflicts on pandaria. They introduce you to some of the enemies you'll be facing in the heart of fear , lore wise it's a much bigger deal.

The cloud serpent on the other hand is a short side story with smaller rewards , think of it like a side quest in skyrim.

Oh and dread seeds are much easier to come by then onyx eggs so really the rep per day can vary for either faction depending on how much time you spend on them and of course just plain luck.
How close toward revered do you run out of quests? I'm a quarter way through honored and I haven't done half the quests in the zone.
Besides, they did say they took out head enchants so people wouldn't feel they *had* to do dailies. This seems like they're talking out both sides of their mouth.

This is my problem right here.
10/08/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Arland
Oh look, another topic I killed with irrefutable logic.

Irrefutable logic? Hardly.

You're the one that decided to play with a progression mind-set. Blizzard isn't threatening to jab you with an electrified poker if you fall behind on gearing up or progressing through the raids. It was a conscious decision YOU made, and one that's enforced by YOUR Guild Master.

I chose to not give a damn about progression this expansion (and haven't really since Wrath), and have been taking my time gearing up and looking forward to strictly doing LFR outside of the occasional Trade PuG. I don't feel burned out in the slightest, and am still enjoying the dailies as I don't feel forced or pressured to do ALL of them for the sake of keeping up with the Joneses.

As I said before, and I'll say it again: It's a Conscious decision. You aren't being forced by Blizzard or the game to constantly keep your gear up to par so that you can progress through the content faster than anyone else. If you aren't enjoying it, than stop doing it.

I suppose I'll never really understand why people can't grasp that. I used to be in a heavily progression-minded guild through Classic, BC, and Wrath (especially Wrath). I got sick of it, and I quit doing the progression nonsense and started raiding in a laid back fashion.

The game has since become significantly more fun to me.
The game unfortunately demands you have gear in order to raid successfully, it has nothing to do with other people's expectations. If you're not into the game the same way I am, that's fine, it doesn't change the fact that the current Rep system is trash and is turning off a lot of people.
10/08/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Dementiå
Oh and dread seeds are much easier to come by then onyx eggs so really the rep per day can vary for either faction depending on how much time you spend on them and of course just plain luck.

Are you referring to Dread Amber Shards? 1 Onyx Egg gives 500 rep w/o human/guild perks, 20 Dread Amber Shards give 250 (and have an abysmally low drop rate).

The problem isn't necessarily the dailies, it's that they're the only viable means to get Rep and that makes it old fast. What if you could throw on a tabard and PvP/LFD/do Pet Battles/Quest elsewhere and get rep? Even if it was minimal, it'd be something else to do.

I did Cataclysm dailies even after I was exalted with the factions and it's because every now and then I had the itch to do some quests on my main. Forcing it on people is what sucks. MoP may have more features than WoW's ever had before, but it doesn't feel like it when character progression is found in the exact same monotonous tasks.

I'm pretty sure they'll throw in Tabards anyway, even with the incoming alt-"friendly" rep changes. It's about gating so they can stretch out endgame. That's it. They've been at it too long to claim ignorance and it's a purely parasitic business move, nothing player-friendly about it.
Have they commented on the whole "not obligated because no head enchants" thing or are they maintaining silence, like the "why was quick and the dead gutted" issue?