How to ask someone to help/team up

New Player Help and Guides
What is the best way to ask someone to help/team up to finish a Quest ..? correct commands to set this up .. ? Thanks for any and all help
Whisper them and ask?

Click the player
/w Hey do you want to team up on this quest?

If they do add them to your party.
and most people aren't going to be upset if you just

/w hey do you have a sec I need some help on [quest name here]

even if it's a high level character doing some farming or something in a low level zone.

Asking using please and thank yous goes a long way too.
Thanks Guys .. getting real tired of having to restart the same quest over and over - will give it a try ... once again thanks
10/08/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Gashna
Thanks Guys .. getting real tired of having to restart the same quest over and over - will give it a try ... once again thanks

Maybe you can tell us the quest and we can give you advice on how to complete it.
[quote="67937909696"

Maybe you can tell us the quest and we can give you advice on how to complete it.[/quote]

Just got bumped off the server again ..AARRRGGG .. anyway it's Deep in the Deeps and i really hope I don't suck that bad 'cause I've had to restart it oh ... like 10/12 times :( - I know that's not really all that bad ... but ... /sniff .. nose wipe ... the bad guys where mean to me ... - Thanks Monmonn
Oh, you mean this?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26892

That's a dungeon quest. In order to do that you should use the random dungeon finder to queue for blackfathom deeps, then you will do it as a group. The dungeon finder is the green button between the mount and pvp icons on the bottom right. However, I think it's a bit low for you now. You'll probably be better off forgetting about it.

Dungeons are done in groups of 5, they usually aren't meant to be soloed unless you are very high level compared to the monsters inside.
Yes Sir ... that would be the thorn in my side right now - Thanks for the info ..I'll see if I can get some help now - seen allot of players down there.
See ya out there and thanks for being kwel.
slightly off-topic but if you find yourself in a neutral area and want to ask an alliance player for help since you cant whisper him you'll need to emote. there's no guarantee he'll help or understand but...i've been succesful in he past.

I like to start by waving at player (/wave), pointing at target )/point) and then /beg. followed by tagging the mob. (simply attacking it).
10/08/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Robokapp
I like to start by waving at player (/wave), pointing at target )/point) and then /beg. followed by tagging the mob. (simply attacking it).

/wave ... howdy ..!!
Do you still need help, since I need to do something at Blackfathom Deeps myself.
10/09/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Blazenova
Do you still need help, since I need to do something at Blackfathom Deeps myself.

Oh how kwel ... !!! thanks allot Blazenova but I had to give up on that one for now .. but that would have been really fun - can I send you a message later on about it .. ??
10/09/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Gashna
Oh how kwel ... !!! thanks allot Blazenova but I had to give up on that one for now .. but that would have been really fun - can I send you a message later on about it .. ??

Just queue up for BFD (Blackfathom Deeps) in the Dungeon Finder. Those quests are meant to be done in the dungeon as part of a group. The dungeon finder assembles groups out of people in the queue system, so you don't even have to find your own group-mates.
Thanks Avanna .. once again the one of the Lady's of the forums comes to my aid ...

/bow
10/09/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Gashna

Sure, go ahead! Sorry for how long it took me to get back to this request, by the way.
Asking kindly can go a long way.

That's how I got into the guild that eventually led to being in my current guild. Without that, I'd probably never have joined a raiding guild, since it seemed so "scary" when I was first playing.

I was doing my thing on the coast of Tanaris, having a tough time fighting through pirates, and asked this Druid if they wanted to join up. We rocked for a while, and then I joined his guild. Happy endings!
I'd be up for a BFD run, i need to do some questing in there, i do not think i can get it via dungeon finder anymore.

Not to Hijack the thread, but since we both need it, my question is how do you do the dungeon if you are in different realms?? For instance I am on Malygos, Gashna is on Hellscream and Blazenova is on Ravenholdt?

is there anyway to do lower level instances other than going to the dungeon outside the RDF??

once again sorry to hijack, but i think the questions are related and did not want to start a new thread.
10/10/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Quorraabeth
For instance I am on Malygos, Gashna is on Hellscream and Blazenova is on Ravenholdt?

exchange battletags, put each other on your friend's lists, form a cross-realm group, walk in together.

10/10/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Quorraabeth
is there anyway to do lower level instances other than going to the dungeon outside the RDF??

Nope, you either walk in manually, OR you queue in the dungeon finder system. If you're too high of a level to queue, you have to walk in manually.
10/10/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Avanna
For instance I am on Malygos, Gashna is on Hellscream and Blazenova is on Ravenholdt?

exchange battletags, put each other on your friend's lists, form a cross-realm group, walk in together.

Nope, you either walk in manually, OR you queue in the dungeon finder system. If you're too high of a level to queue, you have to walk in manually.

What Avanna said. I had someone from Nazgrel and Kirin Tor help me out with questing/dungeons when we exchange battletags and we've been able to accomplish stuff quite well.
So if i read the FAQ correctly, i would need to send my battle tag to someone i would like to quest/dungeon with in game?? and they can accept or decline??

Or is there an easier way to get friends?? I am assuming the little "o" button is what that is for?? I have one friend, lol....i am lonely hahahaha.

sorry for the simple questions that i am sure the answer is right in front of me for.