BM Damage

Hunter
This is not going to be a *oMfG Hunterss so OPPPPP* type of thread. However, I really want to address hunter damage/healing right now, seeing as how the majority of you believe it's fine.

First of all, BM damage is not fine. Honestly, you cannot look at the damage BM is putting out and say everything is working as intended. I know I'm a mage and frost bomb does hit hard, but that doesn't make it okay for hunters to do the same tard damage as well. Both BM and frost bomb need nerfed.

Second, spirit mend needs nerfed. Along with stampede a hunter can get 5 mends up at the same time, all healing for 10k every 2 secs. Hunters should not be able to heal to full as if they have a restoration druid healing them. Mage's do have evocate, but I have to channel that spell, hunters still get to run around and CC/damage while healing.

My two cents, please don't flame me for my opinion. No, I'm not making this because I just lost to a hunter. I'm making this because hunters are making arena impossible to have fun in.
Clearly you've never played a hunter vs competent foes.
This isn't a discussion over personal skill, it's over out-right damage. I don't care if you played against better people on your hunter, that still doesn't make the damage ok.
Completely agree, but hybrid heals, BM and MM pet damage need a nerf, as well as mage overall damage, lock passive regen/chaos bolt damage, warriors in general, and ret ranged damage also needs a nerf. This season so far has been unplayable for me, I was r2 in my bg within 2 hours of starting ret/bm, it's so stupid. The next day we tried queuing for ratings to get bigger caps, and were knocked down 70 rating in 10 minutes by warrior/bm and warrior/hpal. Both my partner AND myself were killed in the same global by a warrior popping everything with sweeping strikes and dragons roar. It's deplorable how bad they've ruined the (somewhat there) balance of PvP. I want cata PvP back.
"I want cata PVP back." - I swore I would NEVER hear those words.....

Regardless of all damage and ETC, the game still isn't fun to play anymore. Arena is all about popping everything instead of skillful play, I miss Wrath. At least the damage wasn't so mongoloid.
I don't see how it's fair to nerf spirit mend. It was a joke before and it's actually viable now. It's still on a 30 sec cd so it's not like having a pocket druid as you suggested. Besides mages (and mages could have one, but I've never played a mage past level 20) name one other class that doesn't have self heals. All of them have it, and now hunters don't have to try and hide in a corner to bandage.

Maybe you'll actually have to consider killing our pets again. Do that and there goes our heals and ~50% of our damage.

Also, BW no longer boosts pet damage by 50%. I think 30% is the right amount, but that's my opinion.

Edit: Just want to say I'm not flaming, but have you ever tried arenas as BM pre-MoP? It seriously sucked. I know everyone thinks it's faceroll now, but with all of the added abilities it is a more complex rotation than it was. I don't care what anyone says, it's still skill > class.
First of all, 100% health on a 30 second CD, come on man. Really think a moment about that, imagine if a paladin had loh in arena on a 30 sec CD, you would be PISSED.

About killing the pet, yeah that is possible. Except when its mage/lock vs war/hunter. So by the time we kill the pet, you both have been popping CD's like mad men and tearing through us. I can't do damage in IB either.

I'm having such a hard time because hunters have ALWAYS done well versus mage's. So this season I'm feeling the damage more than any other class. I'm not asking for out right nerfs into the ground, but make the hunter class actually rely on the hunters skill and not spamming Bwrath and hiding while the pet globals.
10/08/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Çhillz
First of all, 100% health on a 30 second CD, come on man. Really think a moment about that, imagine if a paladin had loh in arena on a 30 sec CD, you would be PISSED.

You may not be aware but that massive heal you near to full 5 stack of spirit mend is only during stampede with glyph. Stampede is a five minute CD, so what it comes down to is an oh !@#$ button, something I don't feel is all that out of the question. Using spirit mend on it's own CD really doesn't add up all that much. So please keep in mind - 5 MINUTES.
10/08/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Çhillz

It's not a 100% heal every 30 seconds. It's a 100% heal every 5 minutes. Spirit Mend by itself is a heal every 30 seconds.

About killing the pet, yeah that is possible. Except when its mage/lock vs war/hunter. So by the time we kill the pet, you both have been popping CD's like mad men and tearing through us. I can't do damage in IB either.

I'm having such a hard time because hunters have ALWAYS done well versus mage's. So this season I'm feeling the damage more than any other class. I'm not asking for out right nerfs into the ground, but make the hunter class actually rely on the hunters skill and not spamming Bwrath and hiding while the pet globals.

I'd also like to point out to you that it appears stampede is bugged. Hunters need to be fixed, not nerfed.

You also have to remember that not every hunter is going to stack 5 spirit beasts. Sure they can, but there are more useful pets for arenas.
10/08/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Çhillz
First of all, BM damage is not fine.

You are right, BM sustained dmg should be much higher. Our other two specs should be brought in line to be viable in pve and pvp as well. The irony of this post being made by a mage is not lost on me.
I feel dirty playing BM.
It's pretty much safe to relax now. Read gc's twitter.
10/09/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Stalkings

You are right, BM sustained dmg should be much higher. Our other two specs should be brought in line to be viable in pve and pvp as well. The irony of this post being made by a mage is not lost on me.

without rewriting the whole class, with all the talents being BM heavy how does blizz do an about face and even everything out? Not sure if bumping cobra and steady shot damage is the anwer along with arcane shot or chimera shot or explosive shot.
10/09/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Stalkings

I tend to agree, Burst needs to be brought down a few notches and sustain up a biit
10/09/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Fhrei

without rewriting the whole class, with all the talents being BM heavy how does blizz do an about face and even everything out? Not sure if bumping cobra and steady shot damage is the anwer along with arcane shot or chimera shot or explosive shot.

Actually, cobra shot damage WOULD improve BM's sustain without impacting its burst whatsoever. After all, you don't cast cobra at all while under TBW. The obvious answer to evening out the specs is to remove all of the talents from BM's mastery, but that would cripple BM without really helping the other specs.

AiS dmg needs to be bumped up significantly, similar to how it was about halfway through the beta, and for survival I strongly feel that having haste effect BA and SS would go a long way toward improving the spec's scaling and damage.