Monk
1 2 3 7 Next
Hello,

**Edit**
Here's 3 hours of Arena:
http://www.twitch.tv/mugaro/b/335154150
Mages / Hunters are completely broken
----------------------
I know a lot of people have already made Monks are bad threads and we really need a lot more of them. Many of us expected this class to have been tested but obviously blizzard loves to release things that are not ready or have not been tested whatsoever (diablo 3 lawl).

Anyways, monks rate now im PvP are a joke. They are like a squishy rogue with ZERO cd's and ZERO utility and hardly any survivability and their damage is piss poor. I see a lot of people try to defend monks in the threads about monks being awful. I find it sad that you can every try and defend a blatant lack of class design. I am actually worried that this class is beyond repair. It needs so many adjustments in damage/ability usage and even added abilities.

Either way, I am a multi class gladiator and have been a top end raider in my experiences in WoW. I am in no means a noob and I find it pathetic that nothing has occured yet.

Survivablity: Our survivability is just sad.... we die in under 4sec equivalently geared and popping cds to any other class....

Forftifying brew: 20% damage reduction.... way to low needs to be increased to at least 50% and even give some sort of additional bonus because also receiving 20% additional HP is not so good.
Diffuse Magic: 90% Spell reduction and transfers dots on use... seems really cool when you read it but then you are in PvP and realize a 6 second lasting ability with a 1.5min cd is pretty sad. This needs to be turned into something like AMS I think because its just not good enough
Grapple Weapon: I feel like this needs to be reworked. Warriors it only lasts like 5sec or less, I dont even notice much when used on DKS and hunters still go ape,

Healing:
Chi Wave: Its better than nothing but uncontrollable.... half the time it bounces 1 time or not at all which is a waste. If this was changed to a gaurenteed 7 bounce, and only usable on nearby units (enemies) and only bounced to yourself it would be great.
Expel Harm: Needs a serious buff to how much healing it does.....
Healing Sphere.... heals for like 5% HP and uses an entire resource bar.... what a joke that is....

Why not give us some amazing heals for ourselves, and our allies.

Zen Meditation: The biggest joke survivability CD to date in all of WoW now... this should be changed so that you can always move while using and continue attacking. This should also not be allowed to be canceled/interrupted.

CC:
Paralysis: I honestly might have to say this is one of the worst CC's to ever be thought of. Whoever let this slip through beta is seriously braindead. This lasts 3sec and requires melee range and getting the talent to make it 20 yards would be a waste. It lasts around 7-8sec when behind the target but that will NEVER happen. Oh and it also breaks on damage.... smart

Charging Oxe Wave: LOL ? 3 Sec stun in a small frontal line what a terrible talent
Leg Sweep: 5 yard 5sec aoe stun.... seems good when you read it but boy does this miss half the time and shares a DR with all other stuns. So this gives no synergy with anyone else.

Thats it for CC.... how awesome is that...

Snares:

Disable.... I swear I spam this when people are on top of me and it misses all day long. Whats funny is that it is also a 50% slow... When death knights have a 60% ranged spammable slow. Don't get me started on what locks/mages/hunters can do from range.

Spinning Fire blossom: Our only ranged ability LOL..... and to think it requires CHI TO USE...... Hits for nothing.... and roots for 1sec IF LUCKY TO HIT. This should be free, and hit 2x harder and root 2x longer and not have a dr and travel 50% faster.

DPS CDS:

Xuen Tiger: God knows if this is even useful or not I feel like its a minor cd and should be buffed or even give monks the tiger permanently.
Tigereye Brew: LOL!!!!!! This is the worst DPS cd in history. It takes FOREVER to ramp up 10 stacks. IMO just make this a 20% dmg increase on a 30sec cd or something.

some more ideas:

Fists of Fury: Increase dmg done, allow you to auto attack and attack twice while doing it and allow you to move while using this.

Flying Serpent Kick: While using make immune to all forms of CC/Snares, allow the user full control over where you are going instead of only moving straight. Also reduce the CD.

Rework tier 3 talents because they suck

Rework EVERY glyph because they are all bad.

Make tigers lust (tier 1 talent) free it shouldn't cost any resource.... come on....

Make Paralysis a 40 yard ranged CC and last 8sec

Change our Transcendence ability and make it all instant cast and give some sort of bonus when you use

Jade Lightning needs to be reworked because I feel its 100% useless.

Also overall monk DPS is piss poor, having to do 3x tiger strikes is the worst thing ever.

Touch of Karma should have a 30sec cd.

Touch of Death should be a 25% execute.

Anyways... monks are beyond broken bad rate now and there is a lot that needs to be done. A arena team and RBG team have ZERO reason to even consider them. They bring nothing to the table, nothing unique, and have zero useful CC.]

So rate now we get to just twiddle our thumbs and wait.
oh my god the class is fine go to bed
10/08/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Punda
oh my god the class is fine go to bed

In all honesty, WW pvp dps is bad, but to the OP, we have cds, yeah the 10x brew build up should be reworked... and chi wave allows you to 1v1 ANYONE but a healer of course. But pvp isnt based on 1v1 blah blah... maybe a minor glyph to allow it to only bounce off you and your target would be great. And the touch of karma should have a lower cd, Jab should do more damage and maybe they should combine Jab and the 10x brew builder, and FSK should be targetable, and rolls shouldnt crit, and overall WW dps should have a 10-20% buff, but Im starting to find out, I can beat most classes 1v1 as it is right now, even geared warriors, but when it comes to a group setting.. I feel like I am lacking ALOT.

Thats just my two cents.
up
signed, mistweaver.
We can't pump out enough damage to actually kill a person. Real world? HA no, wont happen. They will kill you or lock you out of your spells. Want to fight back? Cute, because the damage you do will not be enough to heal you through the incoming damage you are taking from them, your mana will evaporate like it was water in the Sahara Desert so whittling them down like you can do as any other healer isn't an option.

This is coming from real world pvp situation where both me and the enemies I have encountered were in just regular armor.
I have yet to land a killing blow. Ever.
This is including an 88 warrior I found who was AFK. (I was 88 as well) I whacked him til i OOM'd, got to drink all my tea, whacked him some more... HIS DAMN REGEN'ING HEALTH OUT HEALED MY DAMAGE... AND HE WAS AFK.

It's pitiful, we stand no chance. I literally resort to just standing still while the enemy kills me so I can simply get it over with and respawn a few seconds faster.
I enjoy healing, but I know a hopeless cause when I see one.

Either way that is only pvp, I took uhh.. "Mist's" (i think that was her in another thread) advice and have stopped oom'ing in heroics, so that is a plus. But seriously, pvp is just a laughable joke, good luck doing dailies on your own when Alliance decide they want to try out what pandas taste like for a snack, because I'll be getting camped.
we need more smart people that know whats going on to get blizzard to fix this nonsense
Yeah we need work. I love the class, just hoping for some major reworks in the dps department.
Hello,

I know a lot of people have already made Monks are bad threads and we really need a lot more of them. Many of us expected this class to have been tested but obviously blizzard loves to release things that are not ready or have not been tested whatsoever (diablo 3 lawl).

Anyways, monks rate now im PvP are a joke. They are like a squishy rogue with ZERO cd's and ZERO utility and hardly any survivability and their damage is piss poor. I see a lot of people try to defend monks in the threads about monks being awful. I find it sad that you can every try and defend a blatant lack of class design. I am actually worried that this class is beyond repair. It needs so many adjustments in damage/ability usage and even added abilities.

Either way, I am a multi class gladiator and have been a top end raider in my experiences in WoW. I am in no means a noob and I find it pathetic that nothing has occured yet.

Survivablity: Our survivability is just sad.... we die in under 4sec equivalently geared and popping cds to any other class....

Forftifying brew: 20% damage reduction.... way to low needs to be increased to at least 50% and even give some sort of additional bonus because also receiving 20% additional HP is not so good.
Diffuse Magic: 90% Spell reduction and transfers dots on use... seems really cool when you read it but then you are in PvP and realize a 6 second lasting ability with a 1.5min cd is pretty sad. This needs to be turned into something like AMS I think because its just not good enough
Grapple Weapon: I feel like this needs to be reworked. Warriors it only lasts like 5sec or less, I dont even notice much when used on DKS and hunters still go ape,

Healing:
Chi Wave: Its better than nothing but uncontrollable.... half the time it bounces 1 time or not at all which is a waste. If this was changed to a gaurenteed 7 bounce, and only usable on nearby units (enemies) and only bounced to yourself it would be great.
Expel Harm: Needs a serious buff to how much healing it does.....
Healing Sphere.... heals for like 5% HP and uses an entire resource bar.... what a joke that is....

Why not give us some amazing heals for ourselves, and our allies.

Zen Meditation: The biggest joke survivability CD to date in all of WoW now... this should be changed so that you can always move while using and continue attacking. This should also not be allowed to be canceled/interrupted.

CC:
Paralysis: I honestly might have to say this is one of the worst CC's to ever be thought of. Whoever let this slip through beta is seriously braindead. This lasts 3sec and requires melee range and getting the talent to make it 20 yards would be a waste. It lasts around 7-8sec when behind the target but that will NEVER happen. Oh and it also breaks on damage.... smart

Charging Oxe Wave: LOL ? 3 Sec stun in a small frontal line what a terrible talent
Leg Sweep: 5 yard 5sec aoe stun.... seems good when you read it but boy does this miss half the time and shares a DR with all other stuns. So this gives no synergy with anyone else.

Thats it for CC.... how awesome is that...

Snares:

Disable.... I swear I spam this when people are on top of me and it misses all day long. Whats funny is that it is also a 50% slow... When death knights have a 60% ranged spammable slow. Don't get me started on what locks/mages/hunters can do from range.

Spinning Fire blossom: Our only ranged ability LOL..... and to think it requires CHI TO USE...... Hits for nothing.... and roots for 1sec IF LUCKY TO HIT. This should be free, and hit 2x harder and root 2x longer and not have a dr and travel 50% faster.

DPS CDS:

Xuen Tiger: God knows if this is even useful or not I feel like its a minor cd and should be buffed or even give monks the tiger permanently.
Tigereye Brew: LOL!!!!!! This is the worst DPS cd in history. It takes FOREVER to ramp up 10 stacks. IMO just make this a 20% dmg increase on a 30sec cd or something.

some more ideas:

Fists of Fury: Increase dmg done, allow you to auto attack and attack twice while doing it and allow you to move while using this.

Flying Serpent Kick: While using make immune to all forms of CC/Snares, allow the user full control over where you are going instead of only moving straight. Also reduce the CD.

Rework tier 3 talents because they suck

Rework EVERY glyph because they are all bad.

Make tigers lust (tier 1 talent) free it shouldn't cost any resource.... come on....

Make Paralysis a 40 yard ranged CC and last 8sec

Change our Transcendence ability and make it all instant cast and give some sort of bonus when you use

Jade Lightning needs to be reworked because I feel its 100% useless.

Also overall monk DPS is piss poor, having to do 3x tiger strikes is the worst thing ever.

Touch of Karma should have a 30sec cd.

Touch of Death should be a 25% execute.

Anyways... monks are beyond broken bad rate now and there is a lot that needs to be done. A arena team and RBG team have ZERO reason to even consider them. They bring nothing to the table, nothing unique, and have zero useful CC.]

So rate now we get to just twiddle our thumbs and wait.

No Class is ever beyond repair, Paladins were so bad and broken for the longest time, now they have a great working system and feel like an actual class now.
I gotta go with the OP I know I'm fairly undergeared but my mage and shaman are both level 90 and just as under geared and they dont get blown down like I do I rely so much on CDs to stay alive when they are over im just 2 shotted I dont like doing bgs as monk because I dont stant a chance maybe we can get a damage buff so we have more of a burst or just able to take some damage sparring helps but it doesnt do good if i get two shotted :(
ya still waiting
/signed.

Went brewmaster i out dps every ww in our 5 mans easily. this is pve!
I leveled this guy intending to play windwalker, but it was so clunky getting to targets in the bgs that i decided the spec wasnt for me, we have great mobility but low uptime.

Anyway ive started gearing as mistweaver which is a pretty fun spec, wish i didnt grab the windwalker staff from the monk quest now though.
Agreed.
SIGNED- Level 90 Monk, had to switch to heal spec just to have fun in PvP
10/10/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Terrible
Just heal yourself forever and never die like the rest of the monks do in PVP and quit complaining about your OP class.

Obvious troll is obvious.
So basically, if I want to do monk pvp, go healer or tank?