Monk PVP Broken (Bad) - Sign Thread

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Don't agree with all, but most of what he said has merit.

Without Touch Of Karma... it would be so much worse.

Agreed.
JUST AWFUL
Healing as a monk is fine in PvP, even a bit insane in RBGs or randoms. Arenas take a little more getting used to and I haven't played enough games to get the gist of it yet, but the DPS spec seems to be on the weaker side. That all said, both healing and tanking are viable in RBGs and randoms.
10/08/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Mugarox
I am a multi class gladiator

Multi-class carry, imo.
10/10/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Terrible
Mobility of monk is not "great" it is exceptional, better than any class in the game by a very wide margin.

Well this statement doesn't contradict it's self lol
10/09/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Etrith
If your not good at windwalker r in pvp, do pve stop complaining get good at it or quit now stop making threads...stop complaining

I sure do love people who don't any serious PVP acting as if they know better than people that do it. I really hope Blizzard doesn't listen to feedback from people like this because it would seriously hurt the game. I guess in this guys mind no class is ever broken and if you're not doing amazing with a class you obviously just suck. I guess he thinks Blizzard are omnipotent.

"Complaining" as you say it is how classes get fixed. It needs to be done and always should be done. However constructively not just saying durrr my class sucks buff plz.

The OP makes some very good points. I've decided to go back to my warrior for now. Monks just need too much work to be viable in PVP. There really is 0 reason to bring a WW monk to arenas. Why bring one over a warrior or ret?

On the flip side though I do love Chi Wave and if they fix the bug with it where it doesn't bounce I will be extremely happy. It's a great ability and rather fun to use. I also think Touch of Karma is really interesting but could maybe use a few tweaks.

Fists of Fury I don't know what to say about it...

I also think having to use Tigers Strike three times is too much of a pain to keep up in PVP especially with how short it lasts.

Monks desperately need something to boost their survivability though. I haven't see another class as squishy as WW monks apart from maybe Rogues.
10/10/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Rewdweng
well op is really exaggerating... our heals are fine. Our defensive cd's are not. Jade lightning should be deleted for another melee attack that is equivalent to lava lash from shamans since our stormstrike is SFK and it should also reset the tigerpalm buff. we need some type of sustained damage maybe from black out kick having a lower energy resource with a stackable dot 10% stacks up 5 something like that. Other than that our mobility is great our CC is great just need to l2p.

No offense but level 70 PVP is not the same as level 90 PVP so you have no place at all telling the OP that he is exaggerating or that needs to 'l2p'.
Monks do need a lot of work.

If nothing else;

1: Make jab do 300% the damage it currently does. Having it do 1/2 of a white hit is ridiculous.
2: FSK - Just turn it into a charge keeping its current damage/snare aspects
3: Tigerbrew - Do something with this because its just bad.
4: Paralyze - Make it a base 30 yard range, 1 min pve, 8 sec pvp
5: Fists - Allow movement and white attacks to continue.
I agree that WW need some adjustments to fine tune */sign*
and these are some suggentions that i would like to bring to the table.

Dmg Abilities:--JAB: needs a dmg needs to increase, its ridiculous that its does a fraction of our auto attack dmg.
--Cracking Jade Lighting: CJL If possible please increase the dmg on this by maybe 20% the dmg on this abiltiy is incredibly weak seing as how it doesn't even guarantee a chi generation

--Rising Sun Kick: (RSK) cd needs to be reduced since its our only ability that does moderate dmg,

--Tiger Palm Strike: (TPS) needs to be reworked for pvp, i have better results when i don't even use it for PvP. I use my GCD, and Chi for other abilties like Blackout Kick or RSK.

--On demand burst: needs to be improved, having to build up 10 charges of tigerbrew for pvp for the increase dmg takes way to long, we need something compairable on how other classes have their burst on demand without having to build up anything except for their resource, e.g. holy power, rage etc.
(suggestion to fix is to start off with 10 charges that passivly regenerate over time and per amount of chi used decreases the cd or increase the regeneration speed of the ability)

--FoF: Please allow auto attack to continue with fist of fury, the dmg on it seems to be weak with the amount of time the channel is, or increase the amount enough dmg ticks to truly make it feel like FoF

--Touch of Death: ToD should work like an execute to where a dmg bonus should exsist per amount of chi the player has, or if it stays the same the cd's needs to be reduced to 30sec -45 sec not glyphed 45sec to 1 min glyphed.

CC abilites are pretty good but here's some suggestions to fine tune them

--Leg Sweep (LS):please address the Y axis hit box (unless your really trying to make it like a LS IRL then change the animation because its misleading), and the increase the Xaxis range by 2 to 3 yrds.

--Paralysis: Please increase the durations to 8 to 10 sec instead of 3, and to balance that out if you have the glyph then decrease it 3 to 4 sec since it has the increase in range.

--FoF: Please fix the stun in PvP, a majority of the time there seems to be a delay with the stun of the effect by 1 to 1.5 sec. It appears to only stun when the dmg ticks, increasing the number of ticks with the above suggestion could possible fix the issue programming wise.

If nothing else;

1: Make jab do 300% the damage it currently does. Having it do 1/2 of a white hit is ridiculous.

Lol someone had a lot of the same ideas when i was doing my response i guess he beat me to it lol
the 300% dmg increase to jab is a bit much imo mabey 200% tops
The thing that really bothers me about windwalker pvp is that you don't even have to play it to know it's terrible, looking at the skills and putting 2 and 2 together with how other classes work should've set off a bunch of alarms for whoever at blizzard designed the class. The fact that they're so clueless when it comes to designing for pvp is really disheartening.
I'm signing, especially for WW. I'm leveling one currently and I've gone against quite a few in pvp at 90 and it seems like they need some real help. Part of the issue in pvp is definitely the clunky FoF mechanic. I think it should either be completely re-worked or replaced with something else (specifically so that it doesn't root the monk in place while using it, that's a pretty bad mechanic for a melee dps).

If nothing else;

#1 is a horrible idea. You do realize by making jab stronger another dps ability has to get weaker? Jab is just a mastery proc and chi generator.

#2 NO, then it's just another charge and you cannot use it as a utility for movement.

#3: It's our ramp up dial, imo the buff needs to last slightly longer, otherwise it's fine.

#4: I would like it to have a baseline range but bliz made it a talent. Your suggestion as a 1 min CD is horrible.

#5: Don't really need, just make the pvp bonus baseline.

Please play another class. I suggest warrior since they have #2; don't have to worry about #1 and 3; and #4 is AE on a 2min CD.
Bad monks.

Windwalker is fine, a small damage buff is all we need.
and if we're begging, a fear break would be amazing
No Class is ever beyond repair, Paladins were so bad and broken for the longest time, now they have a great working system and feel like an actual class now.[/quote]

Your paladin class is fine since BC. You should delete your " Paladins were so bad and broken for the longest time ".

Blizz need to read this threat, it come from experience players who want to make the game better.
up
jab,I would like to see jab do weapon damage, or even have an auto attack reset to it or something because it dosent do weapon damage, but i can deal wit it as it is.

survivability, I do feel kind of squishie w/o karma but i can win fights w/o it just have to try a bit more and use other cds, cause we have other ones.

FSK, those who complain about FSK, learn to aim and press button again good ability dosent need changed.

SFB, the area is way to giant when i can hit a pet beside me but not the mage in front of me, would like to see fixed.

Chi wave, i want to see this bounce the 7 times no matter what, full hp or not just for the damage, its not a large amount but it can help out.

Mobility, .....we have goddly mobility, its snairs that screw us up, we have one talented break but after that we r done would like to see the cd taken down to 20sec.

BoK, i would like a small damge buff same with RSK, not much but some or decrease the cd to 6sec.

Paralysis, would like to see 5/10 or 8/10 cause the cc time is to low.

ToD, i think it would be nice to see it like SW:D useable at 25% on a small cd but not one shot the target, cause if i get some1 to 10% im killing them no matter what.

FoF, havent had a problem landing this, maybe once in a while but aside from that its me.

Transendance: transfer, make this not have a cast time plz plz PLZ!!!

I dont have a problem doing damage at all, i can keep up wit BM hunters and ret on my arena teams, both having stupid op burst, if i can keep up with them im fairly sure my damage isnt that broken, and in bgs im usually top 5 on the score board and top 5 in damage...my one and only real complaint is.......LET ME SEE MY M*****F***ING FIST WEAPONS!

That is all and my 2 cents
I agree with some of that stuff OP, especially our slow missing so often. I've reforged out of as much hit and expertise as possible because it just feels useless. I do want to add a few other things though.

I think the current Windwalker PvP set bonuses are just... bad. Just really really bad.

For the two-piece bonus, a 5 yard range boost to an ability that rarely hits in the first place is just poor. The only truly reliable time to use FoF is when your target is snared. What need to be done is FoF can be cast while moving and allow auto-attacks to continue during the channel.

For the four-piece bonus, an execute-like ability on a 1.5 minute cooldown, only usable at 10%, and not even guarunteed to kill someone is just plain horrible. I recently used it on a rogue who happened to have cheat death up, and it still didn't kill him. Oh well, just wait 3.5 more minutes I guess? (I use the glyph, because you might not have the Chi required to ToD in the short time span you actually are able to use it before your target is healed up again). I would rather have something like allowing Touch of Karma being usable while stunned.

Another change I would suggest for windwalker monks includes adding a minor glyph that changes your Touch of Karma from doing magic damage to instead doing bleed damage.

I am also not a fan of the mastery. I'm not going to get into it, but a few things to consider changing the Mastery effect to could be something similar to:

-chance on hit to reset CD on RSK and make it free
or
-RSK leaves a bleed DoT on the target lasting 4 seconds
or
-increased critical strike damage on all attacks
or
-RSK ignores all armor
or
-increasing the damage done by Tiger Strikes