Player Housing in 5.2

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 7 Next
Come on. You know it's coming. Sunsong Ranch was just the beginning. Blizzard has figured out how to give players a place to call home, how to do it without taking up a ridiculous amount of space in the game world, and, as soon as they flag the area so that the leader of a party sets the phase, how to allow you to invite other people to see your house.

Now, understand that I'm not really a fan of player housing. I'm not looking forward to the achievements they'll inevitably add that require me to upgrade my house or fill it with stuff or basically play Animal Crossing all over again inside the Valley of the Four Winds.

But that said, when player housing is added, I hope you go all the way Blizzard. With MoP's Chinese theme, this is the perfect expansion for it, and I hope you make sure that our houses get graded. Just like in Animal Crossing, there needs to be an NPC that analyzes our house and tells us how in tune it is with our chi. Whether our colors are placed on the appropriate walls. Whether our furniture is of a matching set. Better still, there needs to be a whole group of NPCs that are in charge of this. This group is led by a very old, very wise hozen monk who has visited many houses and is an absolute authority on the Eastern art of furniture placement. That's right; I'm asking for...

Monkey Monk and the Feng Shui Bunch.
I wish.
Sounds rather intresting.. still not sure if they should bring it in though.
You know, I wish you were right, but it'd be another element that people would QQ about.

"WTF IS MY BENCH FROM IKEA BLIZZ?!"
You know they could just flat out adopt Lord of the Rings Online's take on Player housing, the whole instanced neighborhoods. Wouldn't be too hard. Be kinda neat actually have Gnomish style houses with Human and Drawf ones. etc. Be able to customize it a little, oh and profession perks to a nice house too. Each instace has it's own ID so your entire friend's list could be on the same block so to say.

I mean seriously every player's character is a hero.. Why exactly is it we're all as homeless as those bums in Westfall anyway?
You know, I wish you were right, but it'd be another element that people would QQ about.

Actually I wish my bench really was from Ikea. It's actual from Building 19. Yeah I'm a Cheapstake.

10/09/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Terrible
don't do it, this isn't secondlife, don't try to be like secondlife.

Secondlife isn't a game. It's a bunch of Java programmers hanging out on a server all day fiddling with their code.
With my little farm coming along nicely, the sprouts sprouting and the stuff going into the cooking pots, I am very happy. If they added player housing to our little homesteads I would be in H E A V E N! :D
Only if I can have males serving for me on my house, then it would be ok. "Hey gnome guess where you are waxing next!"
i would like to see this. just not sure its going to be in 5.2

:( I fear that this is all too accurate a prediction.
10/09/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Loans
Yes, because while we cant have more bank slots, they will totally add player housing.

Quoted for truth. Player housing isn't happening on their current hardware.
all they have to do is add a chest that works like a bank there and make the little house rested. bam player housing
Player housing is dumb.

I mean seriously every player's character is a hero.. Why exactly is it we're all as homeless as those bums in Westfall anyway?

we are not homeless, we are on an adventure away from our homes, and we take accommadation in inns
10/09/2012 06:14 AMPosted by Punctured
Yes, because while we cant have more bank slots, they will totally add player housing.
Maybe they havent added more space is because the "player housing" is going to give us plenty.

I'm on to you.....