Weather changes in Storm Peaks/Tanaris

Pet Battles
OK, I got the Baby Ape for Rain in Stanglethorn, didn't have to wait TOO long for the weather to change, once I found out they spawned on Jaguero Island and that the island has it's own weather pattern.

Now in Storm Peaks and Tanaris, I have been waiting HOURS and have not seen the weather change. Now this COULD be in how I am doing it.

You see when it rained there was definitely an audible change of rainfall coming down. This allowed me to do some housework while I was waiting for the weather to change. Does this hold true in Storm Peaks and Tanaris? Is there a definite audible clue that the weather has changed?

These are literally the last two "catchable" pets that I need (as in the ones that are available to catch as of right now). Any help would be appreciated.
One day I waited for 3 hours for it to snow in stormpeaks.

I just gave up.

Also how did you catch the wharfrat? It is NEVER up in tol borad and there are uncatchable wharfrats always running around booty bay but I have never seen one spawn that is catchable there either.

I was also alternating between waiting on a catchable wharfrat to appear in booty bay to flying out to the island for the baby. I got rewarded handsomely for the baby ape cause it started to rain and then there were alot of them out but LUCKILY the first one I tamed was a rare!

Stormpeaks I have noticed it snowing there before mop but not since after. Wonder if it is just broken?
Snowing is not broken, a guildmate got an Arctic Fox Kit but doesnt remember if it made an audible change.

I believe I got a wharf rat as an addon pet in a pet battle in Booty Bay, either that or it was right after a server reset (which is how I got many of the hard to find pets). The wharf rat is in my journal but not checked off in the Achievements pane.
Snowing is not broken, a guildmate got an Arctic Fox Kit but doesnt remember if it made an audible change.

I believe I got a wharf rat as an addon pet in a pet battle in Booty Bay, either that or it was right after a server reset (which is how I got many of the hard to find pets). The wharf rat is in my journal but not checked off in the Achievements pane.

Nice team. Nice collection.

Mini thor was from another game's collectors edition? I think so.

I have tried many times doing that with the addon thing. I used that OFTEN to get a pet I can't find or just as a short cut to not actually finding the pet in an area you know it to be in. ONe you want to tame I mean.

On your pet selection. I had the same ideas on the healer. Like have one power hitter, one good healer with aoe heal and one kinda over all. But I have this dream team idea. It consists of a Roach, a good aoe healer like the gazelle or your turtle and a power hitter. Roaches are imo the most power pets in the game atm. I just have to lvl on up never gotten around to it.
Its snowing in the Storm Peaks as I type this. Time to go fox hunting.

There is a very clear change in map appearance btw when it snows. Like there is snow... falling... everywhere on my screen.
But is there an audible sound effect?

I've had hunting this in the back of my head, wondering if perhaps the Time Lost proto campers would mind sending out a yell to a chat channel when it starts snowing.
I just went to Dalaran to let people know it was snowing. No one seemed interested. Oh well, I got my rare fox kit so I'm set.

As for Audible sound, I turned my sound up and I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary so I would say no. You have to wait for the visual cue of snow everywhere.