Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch macro

Druid
I have a question regarding the Nature's Swiftness talent as a feral tank. One of the main uses of this spell (or so I assume from the guides I've read) is the ability to use an instant Healing Touch on yourself while staying in bear form. So, I created the following macro:

/cast nature's swiftness
/cast healing touch

The heal is instant, and it costs no mana, but the problem is that it still takes me out of bear form. Now obviously this would be disasterous if it happened in a raid environment, so is there any way around this? I would prefer a macro that only has to be pressed once.
Use a castsequence if you must have it on one button.

I recommend a bind for ns and a mouseover for ht.

#showtooltip Healing Touch
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Healing Touch; Healing Touch

Will HT you if you are targeting the boss or yourself and will HT a friendly target if you have to.

The pulling you out of form thing is a problem with server and client, it tries to cast HT (which would normally force caster form) at the same time it tries to NS.
I use the below macro to heal myself in bear or kitty without leaving form. Only thing with the macro is that I have to click the button twice. Found this macro somewhere on these Druid forums.

#showtooltip
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/console autoUnshift 0
/cast [target=Halfsmoke] Healing Touch
/console autoUnshift 1
I have a question regarding the Nature's Swiftness talent as a feral tank. One of the main uses of this spell (or so I assume from the guides I've read) is the ability to use an instant Healing Touch on yourself while staying in bear form. So, I created the following macro:

/cast nature's swiftness
/cast healing touch

The heal is instant, and it costs no mana, but the problem is that it still takes me out of bear form. Now obviously this would be disasterous if it happened in a raid environment, so is there any way around this? I would prefer a macro that only has to be pressed once.

The issue lies in the electrons unfortunately.
When you cast NS, it first sends a message down the wire to WoW server that you cast it. WoW says "OK" and applies the buff on their end... then sends a message back to your computer telling you that you've now got NS buff.
If you try to cast HT before that back-and-forth completes, it will pull you out of form. It's more noticeable with high latency and the delay between actually pressing NS and being able to use NS will be roughly equal to twice the latency shown in wow. Which can be rather significant even for low latency.
As a result I find it's best to use NS and continue with rotation for 1 gcd, then use the HT.
There are ways blizzard can fix this (other actions like hunter leap backwards thing are instant w/o requiring server confirmation before happening) but I would not expect to see it anytime soon.
The best way I found to deal with it is to macro NS to Mangle.

The buff has no duration (the cooldown starts when it's consumed), so you can then just hit HT (or Rebirth) when you need it and it is an instant cast. For best effect use the above autoUnshift macro, so that you don't get out of form when you press the button by accident while NS is on cooldown.

I.e.

/cast Mangle
/case Nature's Swiftness

/console autoUnshift 0
/cast [target=player] Healing Touch
/console autoUnshift 1
The best way I found to deal with it is to macro NS to Mangle.

The buff has no duration (the cooldown starts when it's consumed), so you can then just hit HT (or Rebirth) when you need it and it is an instant cast. For best effect use the above autoUnshift macro, so that you don't get out of form when you press the button by accident while NS is on cooldown.

What if predatory swiftness procs? Your next healing touch will consume both the PS proc and the NS. Unless Blizzard has fixed that.
02/22/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Hibernator
What is predatory swiftness procs? Your next healing touch will consume both the PS proc and the NS. Unless Blizzard has fixed that.

It appears they have.

Nice necro, btw.