Feral dps vs. boomkin

Druid
Feral kind of does 10x more damage and I can actually do dps on something that is attacking me.

I got really bored of feral and went boomkin. Why is the damage gap so large? It takes me forever to kill anything that is attacking me whether I'm kiting or just getting my face eaten.

Is 90 pvp really going to be just moonfire spamming with the occasional starsurge proc? Boomkin dps seems to only do anything if you are free casting 100% of the time which is 0 in pvp.
I dont play boomkin so I have no input on that. The possible reason as for "why" feral has does more dps "if" it does more damage could possibly be because boomkins can heal in their form?
At my level I find I can pull more dps in dungeons as Balance than I can as Ferel.
10/02/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Ppwrinkles
Is 90 pvp really going to be just moonfire spamming with the occasional starsurge proc? Boomkin dps seems to only do anything if you are free casting 100% of the time which is 0 in pvp.

This has been the case for awhile now, and is why Boomkin wasn't seen in 2s or 3s but was a constant in 5s and RBGs where they have the freedom to freecast, multidot, and wreck things.