Balance Druids need to be retooled

Druid
I used to love my balance druid. Now the roll feels like it has little direction and was overlooked. Symbiosis is an OK (just ok) talent for Tanks, Cats, and Healers, it is almost worse than useless for Boomkins. Mass Dispell?, Magic Shield? WTF! We get 1 new spell this expansion and it's damage mitigation? Where is the fun in that? WTF is with having to be in a party? We cant even use our new spell unless we are in a raid or group? Ursol's Vortex is useless. It it too easy to get out of to be used in PVP and in PVE it's worthless. We already have 2 (yea 2) Roots, those worthless mushrooms, and we can pick up typhoon to corral mobs or players.

It also feels like the spell rotation just keeps getting added on to without looking at the flow of it. Back in the Lich King Expansion Boomkins were fun. We even had an easy rotation. Now we have this patchwork of cooldowns and alternating eclipses. I understood adding the eclipses because our rotations were arguably too easy before you added it but now we have a rigid mangled rotation that makes no sense at all It's still the same rotation however, now we have 4 spells that do what 2 did before.

I'm not trying to complain so much as give the perspective of someone who really likes this class and roll but is now unhappy with the play style and direction it's headed.

PS: Glyph of Stars is great but the sparkles on the head always make it look like there is something right in front of you that you need to pick up.

The travel form, Why is it still 60% speed? Who want's to mount a 60% speed travel form?

Displacer Beast is does not do what it states. Most of the time mobs can still see you.
Mass dispell is pretty amazing, Mirror image, hammer of justice, purge!!!, Cloak of shadows!!! All great skills that have use in pvp/pve situations. Could be worse! Rogues get growl. That my friend is a terrible trade off.

As for the rotation.. I mean in my personal opinion its not TERRIBLE. I agree its not the most interesting tho, I would rather do that then wait for energy and watch 9 million different buffs/debuffs.

Travel form.. is 40% and no it won't be changed, its an instant cast, it also removes roots and makes you immune to polymorph. Why does it need to be changed? It's pretty balanced in reality.

Displacer beast .. Well you're right it doesn't do what it states, but it works pretty well in pvp, obviously not the greatest vs pets but even rogues have had that problem for awhile.

TL;DR I realized at work that I missed shaving part of my face. It's TERRIBLE and should be nerfed.
10/04/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Bejorn
It also feels like the spell rotation just keeps getting added on to without looking at the flow of it. Back in the Lich King Expansion Boomkins were fun. We even had an easy rotation. Now we have this patchwork of cooldowns and alternating eclipses. I understood adding the eclipses because our rotations were arguably too easy before you added it but now we have a rigid mangled rotation that makes no sense at all It's still the same rotation however, now we have 4 spells that do what 2 did before.

You wouldn't disagree if I pointed out that the entirety of this paragraph is subjective, right?

Personally I enjoyed the changes going from wrath into cata. The only thing more fun about wrath was the insane stats you had at end game, but that holds true for every other class. The wotlk rotation felt like a load of disembodied, not properly developed and tbh just scattered concepts that Cata helped coalesce into a much more discernible and orderly playstyle.

If you compare the rotations, you will find that besides the removal of FF and addition of IS as a dot, not much at all changed. Our rotation flowed the same way, except that rng didn't dictate our rotation anymore, we wouldn't cringe putting up dots in an Eclipse because we were wasting precious Eclipse time, and movement during Eclipse wouldn't render you a liability to your raid. Also starfall felt REALLY out of place back then. With Mop, the basic outline of our rotation stays the same, except we actually have some exciting cooldowns to weave into our rotations and align with the high damage states we call Eclipses to get the most out of. I think we're still plenty fun.

PS: Glyph of Stars is great but the sparkles on the head always make it look like there is something right in front of you that you need to pick up.

Yes, it needs to be changed. I played Astral form for a few levels but the sparkles were interfering with quest sparkles. So, I went back to classic Boomkin form. The bigger issue for me was the fact that Astral form is so close to non-shapeshifted form that I sometimes entered battle in the non-Boomkin form by mistake.
10/05/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Morphix
Yes, it needs to be changed. I played Astral form for a few levels but the sparkles were interfering with quest sparkles. So, I went back to classic Boomkin form. The bigger issue for me was the fact that Astral form is so close to non-shapeshifted form that I sometimes entered battle in the non-Boomkin form by mistake.

I had that problem for a while, but I've gotten used to it now. The stars actually help me tell when I'm in the form, so I'd rather they didn't remove them, because then I might be back to wading into combat out of form. :P
10/04/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Tokiwa
Could be worse! Rogues get growl. That my friend is a terrible trade off.

Actually Growl for rogues is a pretty amazing defensive cooldown. They don't need to be targeting anything, so they don't need to worry about taking aggro. And 330% armor, 20% stam, and 6% reduced chance of being crit in melee is pretty intense. :)