Add loot rules to heroics like LFR.

General Discussion
Seriously, y'all make a good loot rule for LFR and still let people ninja gear in heroics. I'm sick of getting my gear ninja'd at the beginning of expansions cause people don't give a damn about others. If the dev team can make a good loot rule for LFR then why not use it in LFG? It's time to get rid of people needing on stuff that they didn't spec or queue as. I would really be great full if y'all did this, makes me really disappointed in mankind that things need to be implemented in a game cause people are soo greedy and uncaring of others over virtual items.
I totally agree!!
I'm sick of getting my gear ninja'd

People are taking gear right from your bags? I'd be sick of that too! I need to buy new locks for my bags to keep my precious's safe...

P.S. I have a feeling that people are going to come into this thread and tell you that it's not your gear until it's in your possession - and they'd be correct. However, I don't support people being jerks and not considering other players before themselves.

P.P.S. I could have sworn I rememberd the devs talking about implementing it into 5 mans as well. I could be wrong.
No. Not only no, but hell no.

This would make it near impossible to build an off spec set.

It sucks that people roll need on everything, I agree...but If the only way to build an off spec set is JP/VP gear (for someone who decided to start tanking) it would take too long to earn/spend JP/VP to make it a viable choice.
They will not implement it in LFG because of the change to LFR. If you do a little research, GC stated that they are going to make 5 mans one of the only options to get offspec and xmog gear.
Now while I agree it sucks when it sucks when they need on something you need, making it to where ppl can't build an offspec imo world be worse in my eyes, I wish more ppl would be nice and let someone Wii actually needs it take it, that's not always the case
10/04/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Varlowan
They will not implement it in LFG because of the change to LFR. If you do a little research, GC stated that they are going to make 5 mans one of the only options to get offspec and xmog gear.

I recognize that that is Blizzard's official position, but I don't agree with it. I would love if people could designate a "loot spec" that would determine the pieces smart loot dropped instead of their active spec. But I'm not holding my breath.
As an Enchanter, all I can say to you is "No". Keep LFR rules in LFR, I need mats.

It sucks that people roll need on everything, I agree...but If the only way to build an off spec set is JP/VP gear (for someone who decided to start tanking) it would take too long to earn/spend JP/VP to make it a viable choice.

If you want gear for your offspec, then queue with your offspec, simple.
good i'm rolling on offspec priest gear

No. Not only no, but hell no.This would make it near impossible to build an off spec set.
10/04/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Sirjoker
No, it wouldnt .... I know its hard to believe but once your done gearing up with your main spec ... you can *gasp* run dungeons in your offspec!!!

So you want a ret/holy pally who just changed spec to prot queue into your group as tank? They'd be so squishy in that gear they'd get a vote kicked after the first pull and they're back to unable to get gear their OS (even with points, now, since they didnt get a kill to earn them).

I'm not defending people blindly rolling need, I'm just saying 5 mans are the best (almost only) way to get off spec gear. I roll need on off spec, but only after I've asked the group if they object. If it's DPS plate and I'm tanking and the DPS says they need it, I don't need. The only caveat to the way I do this is I take silence as consent.

How about this. same thing as what you queued as but add the option to request off spec. So I go in as a tank and some plate wearer goes in as dps/heals but, they would like to roll for some off spec as well. They can click a button which would send a request to me asking if it is alright I can either go yes or no.

After a few weeks I get in groups and ask at the beginning and sometimes I get a go for it I need nothing in here other then points.

Yes it does sound like a stupid idea in which some can just be fools about it but, I cannot come up with something else.
How about this. same thing as what you queued as but add the option to request off spec. So I go in as a tank and some plate wearer goes in as dps/heals but, they would like to role for some off spec as well. They can click a button which would send a request to me asking if it is alright I can either go yes or no.

Not a bad idea, but I don't know why people are so resistant to communicating with each other. Instead, players seem to want the game to have a check box, or another automated system to keep them from communicating with other players. Why is that? I don't get it.

What's so hard about "mind if i need for OS?" and a simple "it's an upgrade for me, would appreciate you if you didn't" or "not at all"?
Give one bag per boss downed. Have the bags give gold or a piece of gear based off of the spec you are when the bag is opened (and not what spec you were when the bag was obtianed). This way, you could save your bags until the end of the dungeon and then change to your offspec before opening them.

I win?

Won't be impossible people gotten offspec sets in LFR easily
God not this again.

I had a elemental shaman need roll and win a str-expertise trinket. Am I crying on the forum? No.

The LFR bags blow. If you want loot queue with people you know.
I would but as a 3rd shift worker noones on.
Give one bag per boss downed. Have the bags give gold or a piece of gear based off of the spec you are when the bag is opened (and not what spec you were when the bag was obtianed). This way, you could save your bags until the end of the dungeon and then change to your offspec before opening them.

I win?

Sounds good.
10/04/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Kabitoshin
Seriously, y'all make a good loot rule for LFR and still let people ninja gear in heroics. I'm sick of getting my gear ninja'd at the beginning of expansions cause people don't give a damn about others. If the dev team can make a good loot rule for LFR then why not use it in LFG? It's time to get rid of people needing on stuff that they didn't spec or queue as. I would really be great full if y'all did this, makes me really disappointed in mankind that things need to be implemented in a game cause people are soo greedy and uncaring of others over virtual items.

First off the LFR system blows as is. As to your definition of ninja, it's extremely flawed. If you join a group for x encounter and the leader defines the rules, then breaks his rules and takes the gear then that's a ninja. Losing a roll to someone in a 5 man isn't a ninja. When you queue up for a 5 man you're joining and agreeing to the need before greed loot system. Under need before greed if your class can use it then you can need on it. 5 mans are made to be able to gear up your main spec as well as your off spec. Despite what you may believe it's not required for you to pass on an off spec roll for someone who's rolling main spec, it's a common courtesy to do so but not required. In a raid setting then yes ms>os all day long but in 5 mans it doesn't matter that much. It sucks to lose to someone who's rolling os but it happens. If you ask politely most of the time they'll give it to you. If they did what you're proposing they would have to put in a set of dps gear and tank gear that would get people started out that can be obtained through crafting or buying from a vendor for gold so people don't fall too far behind on their off spec. If they implemented what you're asking and something drops that the plate dps don't need then I wouldn't be able to throw a need for my off spec even if I needed it but would have to pray I don't lose to someone rolling d/e or otherwise.

If it's a strength user rolling need on something such as an agility weapon then you have a problem. Otherwise the system is fine as is. Take this for whatever you will but you're not entitled to dps gear or otherwise anymore than i'm entitled to tank gear. If you're that concerned about guys rolling os or w/e then roll with a crew you know otherwise you have no right to complain because you know the risks.