SMF vs TG.

Warrior
Post Limit:
I know theres been countless threads..Anyone actuly see the numbers? TG vs SMF? SMF better in the long run/fights?
Do you have better two handers?

Go TG.

Good one handers?

SMF it is.

The difference is negligible.
SMF seems to burst harder in personal tests. but sustained they are very close.
I want to know this as well. Which is better for PvP?
Fury doesn't get good till gear though, which sucks.
Arms is better for PvP, and looks like fury is once again the PvE spec. Nothing wrong with that, but it could still be tied.
Yeah, I wanna know whats better for PvP. I love strength fist weapons, they look so cool, but then again I'm pretty sure there are no honor weapons, right?
10/10/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Faliz
Yeah, I wanna know whats better for PvP. I love strength fist weapons, they look so cool, but then again I'm pretty sure there are no honor weapons, right?
That is correct.

10/10/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Warthane
Arms is better for PvP, and looks like fury is once again the PvE spec. Nothing wrong with that, but it could still be tied.
The topic asks if SMF or TG. Nobody said anything about Arms.
Bump
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

oh i beg to differ.
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

oh i beg to differ.

Your linked source shows them to be 1.75% different - probably as close as they've ever been.

So beg all you want, there's basically no difference. I'm going TG atm because it allows me to be hit & exp capped while still getting a fair amount of crit because of the extra stats on the 2-Handers.
Sorry warthane but you're terribly wrong. Fury is just as viable as arms in pvp, if not better. and trust me. i've dueled / arena'd against a lot of arms warriors. Just because you don't understand the spec doesn't mean its bad.
couldnt have said it better myself Dafuq
10/12/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Vakito
couldnt have said it better myself Dafuq
^agree, But ive come to the conclusion, Im going prot and geming all spirit for raiding. Thanks guys
I'm going with TG because I was able to craft two Heroic iLvL weapons as a Blacksmith. I could make the 1h maces but they cost the same amount of harmonies for less stats and it's a mace. Maces are lame.

Later I'd love to go SMF though. I haven't dual-wielded one handers since Vanilla and I kinda miss it. I just love the pace of two one handers.
10/12/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Dafuq
Sorry warthane but you're terribly wrong. Fury is just as viable as arms in pvp, if not better. and trust me. i've dueled / arena'd against a lot of arms warriors. Just because you don't understand the spec doesn't mean its bad.

Dafuq are you on man? (couldn't resist) But yeah fury pvp is pretty sweet atm.

Now for the OP's question. Personally I prefer TG at current gear levels for more secondary stats and by extension more crit for a smoother rotation.

But all depending in which weapons drop will determine whether the use of TG or SMF is more optimal since we switch based on our luck with weapons or just personal choices.
Mhmm