Hey! Where are our blue PvP weapons?

Battlegrounds
"Again, our design in Mists of Pandaria is to allow for a greater degree of crossover between PvE and PvP using the same gear, but the original item levels simply made Honor gear (through Battlegrounds or conversion of Justice to Honor) a far better route to gear up for PvE. Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa."

-Bashiok

This seems like a slippery slope fallacy given current affairs.

You're adjusting PvP gear right now so players who want to PvE don't need to acquire PvP gear for that task.

Yet you're not releasing the blue PvP weapons right now. Players who want to PvP are forced into PvE to acquire a weapon for PvP.

Does this mean you're going to allow the blue PvP weapons immediately, especially since their ilevel is nearly equivalent with the new PvP armor, so players aren't required to PvE for the 'best' weapon for current competition?

If not, it's a stark violation of your 'don't force PvErs into PvP and vice versa' principle, and the inconsistency is the contradiction.

Many of us hated having to do heroics for a weapon for PvP. Bad news? We need to wait a few weeks until we can buy the conquest version. We're stuck using a PvE weapon. For PvP.

For those unaware, there are currently blue PvP weapons in-game.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84717

Above is an example. We have these items in the game, but they are not available. This ought to be fixed to keep PvPers from min-maxing for their recreation by PvEing.
I came here to say the same thing. I found the honor vendors by accident, so I looked up the items, and noticed there's no honor weapons. I had read that quote not half an hour before that.

Apparently, you can viably gear up for whatever you do... as long as you gear for PvE.

I like running random BGs at max level. It's what I like. (The reason being it's low-pressure PvP, and that you don't have to worry about your raid being arround and so forth). How am I suposed to get weapons? Why can PvE people avoid going to BGs but People who don't like instances have to run them for weapons? I thought we had left behind this segregating practice (Worst part about WotLK if you ask me).
I agree. I was a little disappointed in the lack of weapons, especially since the conquest ones required a total earned amount still.

The idea of PvP Power was the fix the need of PvE'ing for BiS PvP. Well, without weapons with PvP available for Honor 1) you're forcing top ranked players to Raid again this tier, considering alot of teams farm rating in the first few weeks of a season (or last few) and 2) you can't properly balance abilities in PvP, because we don't know the affects of real PvP Power yet (weapons clearly have the bulk of it).
For some battlegroups and servers, its going to take people MONTHS to get those conquest points..

Im amazed they havent released a 10k hp required blue weapons at least
10/02/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Aritha
For some battlegroups and servers, its going to take people MONTHS to get those conquest points..
Anyone that gets conquest purely by grinding BGs is either a masochist or a moron. Do arenas.
Relax they come out next week.. Why you may ask?

Cause blizzard tries to keep PvP progression simultaneous to PvE progression and they need an extra week to obtain their weapons of equivalence. hence we can't buy conquest weapons for a couple weeks

EDIT: So many people coming to these forums without background research and rage
Honestly, I think they pulled it last minute out of panic. They have no idea how to balance pvp power- heals and dmg vs pve weapons remains an obvious oversight- and are playing wait and see.

They have no idea what they're doin in pvp.
Honestly, I think they pulled it last minute out of panic. They have no idea how to balance pvp power- heals and dmg vs pve weapons remains an obvious oversight- and are playing wait and see.

They have no idea what they're doin in pvp.

No read what I said. They did similar in Season 11 but had it so that you had to have earned a certain amount of honor before they were purchasable.
With this people were still getting their weapons in the first 24hours so they just decided to not implement for a week
10/02/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Bustt
With this people were still getting their weapons in the first 24hours so they just decided to not implement for a week

Alright, didnt realize there was a precedent, this makes sense...
If I knew they'd blunder this I would have ran Jade Temple a million times last week for the weapon. God this expansion has been botched for PVP.
If I knew they'd blunder this I would have ran Jade Temple a million times last week for the weapon. God this expansion has been botched for PVP.

They did similar in Season 11 but had it so that you had to have earned a certain amount of honor before they were purchasable

dude its a game. you can wait a week
Bustt could you link the source of the information about next week weapon release, because I just can't seem to find it.
I came here to lol @ horde in AV.

Done it now

brb
10/02/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Naarusii
Bustt could you link the source of the information about next week weapon release, because I just can't seem to find it.

I'm going off of experience from playing this game season after season and that the dreaful weapons are on wowhead meaning they are of existence
10/03/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Bustt

I'm going off of experience from playing this game season after season and that the dreaful weapons are on wowhead meaning they are of existence

I've played since Season 1 there have never been blue PvP weapons introduced ever. There have also never been weapons for honor during the first season of an expansion. So There won't be any this season as well.

Level 70
Season 1 - Weapons for Arena Points
Season 2 - Weapons for Arena Points Season 1 Gear for Honor
Season 3 - 1850/2000 Requirement for Weapons and Shoulders Season 2 for Honor
Season 4 - 1850/2000 Requirement for Weapons/Shoulders Season 3 for Honor

Level 80
Season 5 Rating Requirement for Weapons.T1 and T2 (PvE Weapons to Start)
Season 6 Rating Requirement Weapons And Gear Season 5 for Honor
Season 7 Rating Requirement for Weapons and Gear Season 6 for Honor
Season 8 Rating for Gear amd Weapons Season 7 for Honor

Level 85
Season 9 Weapons for ConquestPoints Rating for T2
Season 10 Weapons for Conquest Points/rating for T2 Season 9 for Honor(Honor Requirement for Weapons
Season 11 Weapons for Conquest/Rating for T2 Season 10 for Honor.(Honor Requirement for Weapons

Level 90
Season 12Weapons for Conquest/Rating for T2

The only thing that has ever been consistent is you never get weapons for Honor during the first season in an expansion.
10/02/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Faenya
Anyone that gets conquest purely by grinding BGs is either a masochist or a moron. Do arenas.

if you cant win 3-4 bgs a day then arena isnt gonna help you much

Please be aware of the fact that not all servers are like Darkspear/Tich/Ill, Dunemaul for instance takes for ever to find a decent 2s partner.
Find any 2s Partner tank your MMR and fight baddies that you can 2v1 GG.