[Resto] Force of Nature?

Druid
How is everyone liking force of nature for resto - at-least in terms of PvE?

I gave it a shot last night in vault (We had two Rdruid and an Rsham), had the other druid try it as well.

I'm in love with it. No mana cost, I feel like it's always up when i'm thinking "Hmm.. damage is getting a bit heavy. Need a cool.. down.. OH TREES ARE UP!

It weaved in PERFECTLY for Feng. Every shield rotation it was up and they are strong! I'm new to resto so I am still doing research, if they are like the balance one they scale with haste which is fantastic when we get into heavy damage. Lusting to push Feng P2-3 it's great.

Anyone else have thoughts / uses? =)
How is everyone liking force of nature for resto - at-least in terms of PvE?

I gave it a shot last night in vault (We had two Rdruid and an Rsham), had the other druid try it as well.

I'm in love with it. No mana cost, I feel like it's always up when i'm thinking "Hmm.. damage is getting a bit heavy. Need a cool.. down.. OH TREES ARE UP!

It weaved in PERFECTLY for Feng. Every shield rotation it was up and they are strong! I'm new to resto so I am still doing research, if they are like the balance one they scale with haste which is fantastic when we get into heavy damage. Lusting to push Feng P2-3 it's great.

Anyone else have thoughts / uses? =)

Yeah it sucks and not a single competent resto PvE druid would ever even look at that talent. Why? If I need to spell that out then perhaps you should continue to use it....
Yeah it sucks and not a single competent resto PvE druid would ever even look at that talent. Why? If I need to spell that out then perhaps you should continue to use it....

Dwah the heroic dragon slayer mad a PvP guide downed something in vault before you? =3

No need to be so hostile... Was just trying to start a discussion.

No i don't see anything inaptly wrong with the spell for SOME situation.

Ej "60 Force of Nature
Situational
Summons three treants to help you heal. Right now Force of Nature is the weakest of the three options - partly due to the poor tuning of the healing the treants offer, but also because of the nature of the AI utilized by the treants."

Situational.

Not saying use it 100% of the time. I'm just saying i like it for Feng.

• Force of Nature: 1 minute cooldown. Summons treants to fight for you. Resto treants cast Healing Touch. This talent doesn't cost any mana, and is pretty easy to "set and forget", so this can be really helpful for new resto druids or people who first hit level 90 and need more help with managing your mana.

"Helpful for NEW RESTO DRUIDS" Which I am.

But thank you for bringing absolutely nothing constructive to the thread! =)

Jerk
Well the other guy is pretty bitter so I'll have a discussion with you <3
I don't find it to be that great. I am a sucker for passive things so I enjoy the Soul of the Forest spell. Makes my wild growth ridiculous and it is nice to get off a fast heal if I time it right. On the other hand, starting as a fresh 90, I DO like the treants. I think its a easy cooldown and it's always up when you need it. I think for people not doing hardcore raiding and who just want to relax and do 10 mans, dungeons, daily !@#$...I find treants to be a casual, fun choice with mild results. I'm sticking to incarnation till I get better Ilvl then I will switch to SoTF
Well the other guy is pretty bitter so I'll have a discussion with you <3

Thank you =3

Honestly i'm balance most of the time - i'm just getting thrown into Resto because our healers arn't comfortable 2 healing vault yet (Silly greens!) so my spirit is rather low. Hence why the free heals from FoN was so appealing haha.

When does Soul of the forest pull ahead of Incarnation in terms of usefullness? I never really looked into it because i'm not a huge fan of passives - having more cool-downs to rely on makes me comfortable >_<;
I am in no way hardcore or the guy to talk to about number crunching...all I have is my experience so far in and out of beta. TO ME it is a matter of mana.

Incarnation is a GREAT tool to managing mana vs. healing output. It gives you basically a amount of time where you don't have to worry about anything. Spamming lifebloom and OOC procs. Of course you don't really JUST do that but. I reccomend this over anything really, specially to newer druids.

SoTF is a intresting tool in that it gives you more ticks on wild growth because of haste (gives me 11 ticks) which increases the HPS of your wild growth tremendously. It is a harder tool to use though and can be waisted easily (using the proc on a nourish by accident). It also theoretically can be a burden to mana because you get spells off faster (IF you are using cast-time spells) and promotes you to heal more. And for SOME druids, this can cause some mana issues very early on.

Treants. Is a great starter tool for anyone to healing, and to druids. Gives you a brief breathing period while doing mild healing with no mana cost. I'd still recommend incarnation over this but again, for newer people, I think this is a great introduction tool for people like yourself to resto. I'll probably get flamed for saying to use this but let's get real people. Unless you are pushing heroic firsts, you DON'T need to min/max. Calm it down.
I'll probably get flamed for saying to use this but let's get real people. Unless you are pushing heroic firsts, you DON'T need to min/max. Calm it down.

No no i definitely appreciate you being honest! I'll give Incarnation another shot at our next raid - it's what i was using originally. We were just having trouble keeping our mana up on Feng and i was like "oooo free! FREE CD!" XD

We are attempting to beat the top 1-3 guide for vault and what not this tier =) So i'll definitely have to work harder at resto.