Random dungeons need LFR-style loot, period

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I'm sorry but I've seen so much selfishness/flat-out stupid rolling since hitting 90 that its discouraged me from even bothering with random dungeons. GC himself stated that random dungeons needed a smart loot system, saying that the currently one 'only knows a hunter can equip a sword' for example.

Well, this needs to move from 'needs' to 'has' in a hurry.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not the fact is that a lot of people are simply selfish or have no regard for other players - many dps need tank gear, many healers need dps gear, many dps need healing gear and a lot of tanks need on dps gear. And people often needing stuff simply to boost their ilevel.

And inb4 someone says '5 mans don't matter' - yes, they do. And frankly the game should not have systems that reward selfish/mindless rolling. That was the reason for changing Raid Finder's loot system, and its the reason dungeon loot needs to change as well.

It would be nice to see this change before 5 mans are rendered irrelevant by 2nd, 3rd, etc tiers of raids.
8 years in wow, decades in other games.

The Sha of Entitlement has corrupted this world.

5 man loot has been one of the simplest things in this game, it doesn't need to be convoluted and complex, it can simply be "roll, Oh look, you lost a roll go post on the forums about how terrible the system is!"

Nobody likes losing loot, but it's part of the game, as much as killing Dragons is.

And inb4 someone says '5 mans don't matter' - yes, they do. And frankly the game should not have systems that reward selfish/mindless rolling. That was the reason for changing Raid Finder's loot system, and its the reason dungeon loot needs to change as well.

Ya, no, the LFR system was changed for the worst, and you'll notice that people aren't all that happy with this either.

Like I've said in another post, loot systems shouldn't get to the point where people end up more "confused" than "angry" when they lose a roll.
8 Years in WoW, probably had half a dozen items ninja'd from me. The first was Dracs shield, by a holy paladin as I was gearing up for Molten Core. Since then, not so much.

As a level 58, loot serves no purpose for you. You're a DK, your gear is good enough to get you halfway to 70, nothing dropped in a dungeon your level that was even worth picking up.

Oh, heirlooms, look into them.

Join a guild. Make friends.
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

I need loot all the time to vendor it. Just because I could.
NEWS FLASH. YOU CANT NINJA IN 5MANS IN LFD! Offspec is not ninja. If you think it is, run with GUILDIES! You know, that marvelous invention since vanilla that allows you to play with people you know in some sort of community that isn't random?
I like the LFR system and think adding it to 5 mans would be a good thing.
I think I would quit 5mans period if I was suddenly handed a bag of loot with one item, for a spec I may or may not need it for, and had zero control over if I wanted that item or not. LFr, World Bosses, I can understand. But 5mans? Get real.

Furthermore, you know how many tanks and healers que for fast ques to get DPS peices? Now suddenly we have an LFR bag in 5mans. Watch how quickly your que time would raise as a DPS.
10/03/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Vixen
I think I would quit 5mans period if I was suddenly handed a bag of loot with one item, for a spec I may or may not need it for, and had zero control over if I wanted that item or not.
you already have no control over what items the boss drops when you kill it right now in LFD

the boss could drop something you need for your spec, the boss could drop something you dont need for your spec, the boss could drop something for a spec you dont play and the boss could drop something that you dont need at all and all this happens without any control from you
10/03/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Vixen
NEWS FLASH. YOU CANT NINJA IN 5MANS IN LFD! Offspec is not ninja. If you think it is, run with GUILDIES! You know, that marvelous invention since vanilla that allows you to play with people you know in some sort of community that isn't random?

Small correction - you can. I lost the heroic str ring - to a druid who need rolled on it. It happens sometimes.
Small correction - you can. I lost the heroic str ring - to a druid who need rolled on it. It happens sometimes.

that's not ninjaing, it's losing the roll
Ok. i figured i'd post on this topic b4 it got anymore out of hand. I believe what the original post was meant to do was say that they need to make some kind of change in the way that loot can be rolled on in the 5 man dungeons.

EX: priest, lock, mage can all roll on any type of cloth gear, int/spirit items. now seeing as how locks and mages don't use spirit at all its not fair to the healing priest/healers in the grp to lose a piece of gear they could've really used to someone that it grants no benefit to.

secondly im with you guys in the fact that you dont like/ not to sure about the new LFR loot system, however i think that the whole point of this was to stop those ppl out there that would go in week after week and get 3-4 pieces of the same gear just to sell instead of letting someone that actually needed for their set.

EX: mage winning the need roll on a shoulder token when he alrdy had the regular version just so he could make some money by either seeling them to someone from illidan or to the vendor.

Thirdly, this one isnt mentioned, however im not sure if anyone has had this same issue but someone being able to completely bypass the loot roll system on the finale boss in a 5-man random dungeon, and them get the gear without anyone else having a chance to roll.

Ex: We killed Xin the weaponmaster and when it was over a mage from illidan walked right up to the boss and looted it. now instead of the loot going to a roll, he was able to pick up both the cloth shoulders and the weapon like he was killing something by himself. no b4 anyone asks i checked the loot table and it said it was still on need before greed, went and checked the chat log just to make sure it didnt say it changed, and the way this guy acted when it happened makes me think he's either found a "hack" or some kinda glitch and is exploiting it.