Capacitor Totem Good idea PLZ BUFF

Shaman
Look Blizzard great idea on giving us shamans a stun, I especially love this ability as an elemental shaman who needs to kite. But there is a big problem, its RANGE.

Blizz my class has to kite to survive and if I have to stand there for 5 seconds even 3 with the glyph with ANY melee dps on me I am wasting my time. Think about that blizz i have to wait 5 seconds to stun someone for 5 seconds.. Sounds like i'd be better off running.

Enough about the timing though, what i want is increased range. I literally can't move from my totem for it to hit a smart melee dps, that's right most smart melee or casters just move just enough to hit me out of the range of the stun. It is near useless against smart teams and players honestly. Make it 12 yds, !@#$ make it 10 just make it better.

And IF YOU THINK that I should use Earthgrab to land a Capacitor stun you are just going to piss me off. Using a defensive cooldown to land another is just ridiculous and absurd.
If all you do is drop capacitor totem when melee is on you then you're doing it wrong.

It's an air totem. You can spec into roots on your earth totem. You can also glyph for the 3 second stun. You can also spec into totemic projection which allows you to move the toem.

I'll admit that shaman have almost always had a higher skill cap to be able to play effectively, but you're also grossly misusing your toolkit if all you're doing is dropping capacitor totem, and waiting for the stun.

10/03/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Brewless
And IF YOU THINK that I should use Earthgrab to land a Capacitor stun you are just going to piss me off. Using a defensive cooldown to land another is just ridiculous and absurd.

I don't think I'd consider earthgrab a defensive cooldown in the truest sense. To me that's astral shift, or stone bulwark. It's also a 30 second cooldown so it's really not a cooldown in the sense of popping a big CD like AG, SLT, or something along those lines. It's meant to be used often.

You don't have to use roots right into the stun, but with effective planning you can plant an earthbind, get them rooted and continue kiting. Then you drop capacitor totem, and project it on the person as the stun is about to go off.
If all you do is drop capacitor totem when melee is on you then you're doing it wrong.

It's an air totem. You can spec into roots on your earth totem. You can also glyph for the 3 second stun. You can also spec into totemic projection which allows you to move the toem.

I'll admit that shaman have almost always had a higher skill cap to be able to play effectively, but you're also grossly misusing your toolkit if all you're doing is dropping capacitor totem, and waiting for the stun.

I don't think I'd consider earthgrab a defensive cooldown in the truest sense. To me that's astral shift, or stone bulwark. It's also a 30 second cooldown so it's really not a cooldown in the sense of popping a big CD like AG, SLT, or something along those lines. It's meant to be used often.

You don't have to use roots right into the stun, but with effective planning you can plant an earthbind, get them rooted and continue kiting. Then you drop capacitor totem, and project it on the person as the stun is about to go off.

It's true that there are ways to use it effectively, like these, but it's still not something you can rely on like you can with all of the other stuns in the game.

It's true that there are ways to use it effectively, like these, but it's still not something you can rely on like you can with all of the other stuns in the game.

he's offering advice. Our stun isn't like all other classes and therefore cant be treated as such.

We have to use what we are given and if that means having to project totems for our stun so be it.
10/03/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Palroth

Right, that's why I said that shamans have notoriously been a higher skill capped class, especially in PvP.

However, capacitor totem is an AoE stun and there aren't many like it. Being able to drop an aoe stun ANYWHERE near the shaman is pretty powerful ability to have. The problem comes with getting it off, which can be difficult.
Look I understand how to project capacitor and I understand this class requires a higher skill cap to be effective, and by no means do I think capacitor totem is weak. That being said I believe it should have been put up at 10 yds instead of 8. Sure go ahead and say get used to it or reroll i really don't care.
You really have no idea how small 2 yards is in this game.

That's like...2 steps.