Taming the World Achievement Broken

Pet Battles
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
01/05/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Vistok
I am stuck at 39/40 despite having defeated every single trainer out there

Including kalmidor?
10/09/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Symplexx
For someone who doesn't "mean to be rude", you're doing a terrific job at it. I bet your co-workers all love working with you on a difficult project.

I don't think there are any co-workers in his mom's basement, Symplexx.
I have beat them all and stuck on 39 of 40.... when is this going to be fixed. Completed the last trainer last night and didnt get the achievement
You may need to beat at least one Alliance trainer. I was stuck on 39/40 until I beat the first Horde trainer with one of my low level Horde toons. Didn't even think of that until I saw it on a forum post.

You can just create a human and run to SW, get the quest and then find the first Alliance trainer to beat. Once you complete this you will have your achieve.
02/04/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Razmus
I have beat them all and stuck on 39 of 40.... when is this going to be fixed. Completed the last trainer last night and didnt get the achievement

01/05/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Hearus
Including kalmidor?

Switch kalmidor to ek in this case.
You may need to beat at least one Alliance trainer. I was stuck on 39/40 until I beat the first Horde trainer with one of my low level Horde toons. Didn't even think of that until I saw it on a forum post.

You can just create a human and run to SW, get the quest and then find the first Alliance trainer to beat. Once you complete this you will have your achieve.

Yes, I was stuck as well and I swapped to a lowbie hordie and beat the tamer just outside Orgrimmar and got the achievement.
I'm stuck on 39/40... meaning I have to make an alliance toon and beat a master? Is that reasonable requirement or can you guys make the DM master into the achievement instead?
02/04/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Kenpo
I'm stuck on 39/40... meaning I have to make an alliance toon and beat a master? Is that reasonable requirement or can you guys make the DM master into the achievement instead?

Its pretty easy actually.

They might roll out a fix for this eventually but in the meantime you're better suited to just making the alliance toon and beating that one tamer near stormwind so you can get your achievement and hat and be done with it.
I'm stuck on 39/40... meaning I have to make an alliance toon and beat a master?

the achievement isn't for taming part of the world.
Ok guys i'll tell you how u get the achive. Just create opposite faction toon.
I was at 39/40, then did the beast and the pandaren spirits, and I'm still at 39/40. anyone???
I was at 39/40, then did the beast and the pandaren spirits, and I'm still at 39/40. anyone???

If you haven't done it yet, you will need to create an alliance toon and battle one pet tamer. Each side only has 39 tamers to complete, so it is required to do one on the opposite side.

It was pretty easy, I just made a human toon, walked to Stormwind, learned to pet battle and asked someone if they could carry me to the pet tamer on a passenger mount (you can walk there too...I don't think there are any hostile mobs). Once I battled the first tamer, I got the achieve, thanked the person who gave me a ride, and deleted my alli.

It's a bit of a pain, but it's just something all of us tamers had to do to get our hats =)
I goggled this issue after running into it myself, I am amazed at how long this bug has been present and Blizzard just not even trying to fix it. After so many months it seems Blizzard just plain doesn't want to fix this issue.
Is rolling a level 1 Human/orc and taking less then 10 minutes to run and roll over a tamer truly a difficult task?

Or is this one of those snot-nosed "I should not have to do that" whines that make you look like a giant moron?
I think it's funny that people are taking the "HERP DURP JUST MAKE DE LVL WUN. HOW HARD IT BE? DID I PUTTED THE WIGHT INSULT?" stance.

I fought all of the trainers (EK AND KALIMDOR) on my 90 Horde, and when I discovered I was 38/40, and switched to my 90 Alliance and did ALL of the trainers again...

I'm still 38/40.

To my benefit(?), I have "Battle Pet Tamers: Pandaria" quest in my quest log TWICE...and at one point, I was able to accept it THREE times...

There is a bug, at least in my case. It probably has something to do with me transfering one of my characters, and then doing the tamers, but the confusing part is that it shouldn't matter since the quests are ACCOUNT BOUND.
Do my benefit, I have "Battle Pet Tamers: Pandaria" quest in my quest log TWICE...and at one point, I was able to accept it THREE times...

And somehow you still haven't tamed pandaria which would mean there is no way for you to have the achievement.
I got mine by using one of my lowbie horde alts and defeated one of the tamers outside of Ogrimmar.
I did all the horde and alliance ones, still 39/40