Come MG Hunters. Sit in this thread.

Moon Guard
I have mixed feelings about my hunter, considering I keep simming in different ways that aren't reflected even remotely ingame, and I can't find any solid numbers ANYWHERE that'll tell me where my stat priorities are (femaledwarf wants crit, askmrrobot wants haste, noxxic wants mastery, and then EJ doesn't shine any lights on what the heck to do). I think I've got it mostly figured out and I'm sustaining around 40k now, but it still hurts compared to less geared frost mages doing 30k more than me by spamming ice lance.

I've been looking at reports and parses from the recent raids that have been reporting in, our burst is incredible but then when it comes to casting cobra/steady shot we take a nosedive and never come back up. So basically being fiberlocked into using regen spells is giving an Aspect of the Viper-like effect.

So in other words we need some fixing, but I'm not holding my breath. Blizz is probably going to make us into a high-burst utility class again, if not simply nerf our burst and call it a day due to PVP QQ (and thus make us not competitive at all in PVE).
I learned that, if you're not a hybrid healing class, you just bend over and take it like the "pure" you are in this expansion.
10/05/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Aeter
I learned that, if you're not a hybrid healing class, you just bend over and take it like the "pure" you are in this expansion.

Bring back the hybrid tax! ;D
10/05/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Aeter

I've actually seen some pure classes pump out a lot of self-healing in BGs. (More specifically, Warlocks and BM Hunters.)

I find that what pures lack in healing, they make up for in control. Heck, just look at mages.

On a side note, love healing someone for 50% of their health with a full stack of Selfless Healer.
Hey Calmai, I'm one if the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We do indeed have haste higher for BM hunters. We'd triple-checked this on SimC 505-1 release. Haste builds do more damage according to SimC. Yet we've seen other people suggest Crit over Haste... so we're keeping an eye out for any sources that can explain what that is the case.

Since a lot of people are saying different things, I have a feeling these weights will be in flux until theorycrafters get their hands on more combat logs from raids. We'll also keep testing this as SimC updates.
10/05/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Systar
I keep losing to DKs in PvP, so I am angry about this.

I'm happy about this.

Didn't you used to be a warrior?

I became a butterfly.

10/05/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Calmai
I've been looking at reports and parses from the recent raids that have been reporting in, our burst is incredible but then when it comes to casting cobra/steady shot we take a nosedive and never come back up. So basically being fiberlocked into using regen spells is giving an Aspect of the Viper-like effect.

I had a suspicion this was the case in raids. Gonna swing by worldoflogs to see for myself.
10/05/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Aestiàh
On another note, I find that our SINGLE DPS is decent. However, I'm having a hard time competing with AoE pulls as BM. Is it safe to say that SV is still champion for AoE?

I've done much better AOE wise with surv due to Serpent Spread with multi shot. Stacking that with explosive shot seems to do wonders. However, i suppose I just need a bit more gear on single target. :U Or I probably need to practice more.

I was MM for most of Cata, so I've probably fallen out of practice with surv. <__>

Also, on BM, while it does seem easy, I suppose I just can't wrap my head around focusing on only one ability over all others (Kill Command). If I try to do BM, I notice my serpent sting always wears off because I get too distracted with the other abilities to use Cobra shot. D'oh. <_>
Pew pew! Pewpewpew! Peeeeew!
Dear rogues,

Please stop bringing knives to a gun fight.

Love,
Hunters
Hey Calmai, I'm one if the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We do indeed have haste higher for BM hunters. We'd triple-checked this on SimC 505-1 release. Haste builds do more damage according to SimC. Yet we've seen other people suggest Crit over Haste... so we're keeping an eye out for any sources that can explain what that is the case.

Since a lot of people are saying different things, I have a feeling these weights will be in flux until theorycrafters get their hands on more combat logs from raids. We'll also keep testing this as SimC updates.

Thanks for the clarification there. The problem that I was running into last time was that your tool tried to get me to reforge all into haste and hit, to the point where I had almost 11% hit and 2% expertise. This confused me, but because all the sources are saying different things, I just went my own way for awhile. Seems the crazy hit stacking has been fixed now, though.

Thanks for the info. :3
I've actually seen some pure classes pump out a lot of self-healing in BGs. (More specifically, Warlocks and BM Hunters.)

What the hell BM hunters have you been fighting that can randomly pump out self-healing?

Unless you mean a stable full of spirit beasts stampeding once every 5 minutes
10/05/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Malere

What the hell BM hunters have you been fighting that can randomly pump out self-healing?

Unless you mean a stable full of spirit beasts stampeding once every 5 minutes

Spirit Beast -> Stampede -> Spirit Mend -> 5x Spirit mends all at once -> Instant full health
I need to RP with Calmai sometime.

...wait a minute, why's the background of your avatar not blue?
I've honestly not played this hunter much.

Though I do so love not having a limited range now.

Can't stand human model.

Calmai is ICly neutral.

Can't stand human model.

Calmai is ICly neutral.

No, she's Alliance.

Can't stand human model.

Calmai is ICly neutral.

No, she's Alliance.

Nope, Neutral.

Wanna buy a motorcycle?