Frost DK- Oblit with 2H, swap DW for RP dump?

Death Knight
we know that obliterate hits much harder as 2H and froststrike much harder with DW, swapping weapons in combat costs 1 gcd and doesnt reset your rp. even with a lost GCD and swingtimer reset this seems like a dps increase, or at least more burst in pvp. Has any1 tried using macro to swap back n forth between 2h and dw to see if this is more dps?

you also have the option to not swap if u are gcd capped for example.

just did some testing, swapping also doesn't take away your FC proc.
Do you really think if this were viable no one would have thought of it yet?

You lose the bonus of Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes for 30 seconds after switching weapons in combat. So no, this doesn't work as well as you want it to.
10/06/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Road
You lose the bonus of Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes for 30 seconds after switching weapons in combat. So no, this doesn't work as well as you want it to.

If you have a weapon with Fallen Crusader and a weapon with the disarm time reducer (two 2h's for example) does that make you lose Might of the Frozen Wastes? I remember hearing one season you should have the FC for burst and the disarm time reducer for everyday use.

Don't know if it holds true now or not.
you forget that frost strike hits hard because of the masterfrost build, which isnt as viable with a 2h
we know that obliterate hits much harder as 2H and froststrike much harder with DW, swapping weapons in combat costs 1 gcd and doesnt reset your rp. even with a lost GCD and swingtimer reset this seems like a dps increase, or at least more burst in pvp. Has any1 tried using macro to swap back n forth between 2h and dw to see if this is more dps?

you also have the option to not swap if u are gcd capped for example.

just did some testing, swapping also doesn't take away your FC proc.

2h and dw have different statweights and weapon swapping in combat puts the buffs for weapon specializations on a 30 second cd
10/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Kusari
2h and dw have different statweights and weapon swapping in combat puts the buffs for weapon specializations on a 30 second cd

YOU TAKE THAT HELMET OFF RIGHT NOW MISS.
10/06/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Selsix

YOU TAKE THAT HELMET OFF RIGHT NOW MISS.

NO! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD! YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
10/06/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Kusari
NO! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD! YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Respect your elders, sweety.
NO! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
NO! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Was that really necessary?
10/06/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer
NO! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Was that really necessary?

necessary? is it necessary for me to set kittens on fire?
10/06/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Blondestrike
we know that obliterate hits much harder as 2H and froststrike much harder with DW, swapping weapons in combat costs 1 gcd and doesnt reset your rp.
Just want to knip this in the bud and clarify..

Swapping weapons will put a cooldown on Threat of Thessarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes, something like 30 seconds.

If you swap weapons, you will have NO bonus to either Obliterate, Frost Strike or anything else the tooltip says.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147097643?page=1
Post #279
Post #284
10/06/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Kusari

Depends on the justification of setting said kittens on fire.
10/06/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer

Depends on the justification of setting said kittens on fire.

so i can put them on the doorsteps of people who post of a certain forbidden form of dk tanking on this forum
10/06/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Kusari
so i can put them on the doorsteps of people who post of a certain forbidden form of dk tanking on this forum

Dual-weild Blood tanking.

And that is very much acceptable reasoning, however, the context in which you flipped that table was not.
you spoke of it! *places dead kitten on your doorstep*
10/06/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Kusari
you spoke of it! *places dead kitten on your doorstep*

What would happen if I were to say "Dual-weild Blood tanking." in the mirror three times in a mirror with the lights off?
biggie smalls would appear and shoot you in the face.
10/06/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Kusari

I'm not scared of some fat black dead rapper.
10/06/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer

I'm not scared of some fat black dead rapper.

I AM.