Allow us to kick AFKers in dungeons

Customer Support
Leveling is a pain in the butt because of AFKers. They come into a dungeon, /follow the healer, and then can't be kicked because of a 15 minute, 30 minute, 4 hour timer. These people are hurting the game and making me not want to play. It's bad enough when I'm grouped with complete scrubs who pull 100 dps in a LK dungeon, but at least they're doing something. I've had to 3 man BRD literally 10 times while leveling because of AFKers. Hell, I've had people who are D/C for 10 minutes who still have a 4hr timer on them.

Give us a way to get rid of them. Count the times they've been kicked and track the reasons and stop allowing these people to take advantage of PLAYers.
Keeping a kick history and matching people who are frequently kicked with each other would be a fantastic way of solving this problem - let them all AFK together :p
The kick timer is not on the person you are attempting to use it on, it is because you have used the VtK system in one way or another, quite a bit. The more you initiate or vote for kicks, or even fail to finish a dungeon, means the longer your timer is going to be before you can initiate any more. This is account wide to, so if you want the timer to go down, stop kicking people as much and actually try to get through the dungeons with them. The more dungeons you complete, the lower the timer will become.
I never leave dungeons. And I'm aware of the idiotic rule that the timer is on me, but Blizz needs to take another look at it and they'll see that people are getting kicked because they're AFK. I don't kick scrubs. Like I said, at least they're doing something. My only issue is with actual AFKers who provide 0 uses to the group and actually take a DPS slot away from someone who may actually want to play and level.

Edit:
It's like the PVP/BG thing. If someone is inactive X seconds (minutes?) they get flagged and have to get involved or are auto-removed. If something like this was in PVE dungeons, that'd work perfectly. I'd never have to VtK anyone.
10/07/2012 11:12 AMPosted by ßlackpaw
I never leave dungeons. And I'm aware of the idiotic rule that the timer is on me, but Blizz needs to take another look at it and they'll see that people are getting kicked because they're AFK. I don't kick scrubs. Like I said, at least they're doing something. My only issue is with actual AFKers who provide 0 uses to the group and actually take a DPS slot away from someone who may actually want to play and level.
In that case, you would want to post where those who have ANY power in making such changes can read it. In this case, that would be the Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios Forum, not the support forums where none of the developers read for feedback or suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011645/
10/07/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Flatspriest
The kick timer is not on the person you are attempting to use it on, it is because you have used the VtK system in one way or another, quite a bit. The more you initiate or vote for kicks, or even fail to finish a dungeon, means the longer your timer is going to be before you can initiate any more. This is account wide to, so if you want the timer to go down, stop kicking people as much and actually try to get through the dungeons with them. The more dungeons you complete, the lower the timer will become.

I wish that was the case, but I have been hit with that timer quite a few times when I very rarely use it. I use it only for AFKers and for people who are disruptive enough to cause wipes. Being forced to drag an AFKer along is not conducive to learning an instance, nor is wiping because people can't take direction.

For the AFKers, why is there not a buff for them like there is a buff for PvPers that AFK in a BG? That would solve this quite nicely, I think.
Heck, didn't know where to post. TY!
Using a vote kick is not the only recourse you have. Every time you come across someone who is exploiting the LFG system by going AFK because they know they probably can't be kicked for 4 hours you should send in a petition. If everyone who suffered through this would petition these people there would be a lot less of them.
Blackpaw, please link your new post from this one so we can find it and chime in.
i just drag afker's into bosses then let them die...as long as you pull a boss you don't get deserter debuff and waiting a few mins to que again is not that bad
I agree...I don't mind if they are actualy there and just bad. Nowadays with looms and such anyone can tank and almost everone can heal.

We need more control