Blood stat priority

Death Knight
Wondering what our stat priority is these days. I seem to be squishy in heroics, sometimes during boss fights, but mainly during trash pulls where I have several attackers on me at once. I know I have some holes in gear still due to limited RL time and bad luck with RNG, but when I started looking to see if maybe I've been picking the wrong gear...every resource seems to disagree.

So far in MoP, I've been using AskMrRobot's Mastery build as a rule of thumb (it treated me well in Cata), but it doesn't worry so much about hit/exp which are now 'tanking' stats. Just curious other Blood DKs have been seeing and what you guys have been using.

I'm curious if I should go for more of an avoidance build for 5 mans (and avoiding all the damage from trash packs) and then go back toward mastery when my group starts raiding?

Here's a list of the different stat priorities I've found:

AskMrRobot has a few default priorities:
'Mastery Build' - Mastery>Str>Parry=Dodge>Stam>Exp
'Avoidance Build' - Str>Parry=Dodge>Stam>Mastery>Exp
'Hit/Exp Build' - Hit/Exp>Mastery>Str>Parry=Dodge>Stam

Noxxic has two (both stacking Stam):
Control+threat - Stamina>Mastery>Melee Hit (7.5%)>Expertise (7.5%)>Parry>Dodge>Haste
Survival - Stamina>Mastery>Parry>Dodge>Melee Hit (7.5%)>Expertise (7.5%)>Haste

icey-veins has:
Stamina (until you have enough)>Mastery>Hit=Exp(7.5% of each)>Dodge=Parry>Haste

edit: typo
And yes, I know there's a sticky. Doesn't change that I'm asking a question about other priorities than what's listed there
Right now our HP is naturally going to be more spikey than it was last tier.
Are healers you KNOW for a fact that are good complaining? Random healers don't really mean much, since half of them don't know what they're doing. (GG spamming your most expensive heal when I'm @ 90% HP and my hp isn't moving)

With the changes to parry and dodge DR, parry has a higher value in dodge. Personally i'm putting hit and exp at a higher value than dodge. For 5 mans, you shouldn't be stacking stam at all since nothing really hits hard enough.

Gear looks fine, and im sure you know which items you need to replace. Getting the meta gem and enchants will help out a lot if you feel too squishy.

Make sure to be using your cd's properly such as bone shield, DRW, and remorseless winter is awesome sauce on big trash pulls.
Stats generally have the least effect on survivability for DKs.

How are you using cooldowns? Which are you using and when?

How are you using DS?

Are you interrupting?

Should you be CC-ing or prioritizing certain mobs in packs more highly?

Are you squishy all the time or is it only certain packs (or particular types of packs)?
10/08/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Euliat

Pretty much. Randomly queued for a random while questing in dps gear, forgot to change gear throughout the dungeon. Took only slightly more damage.
Moral of the story: better play will do you more good than better reforges.
10/08/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Theuglieone

Pretty much. Randomly queued for a random while questing in dps gear, forgot to change gear throughout the dungeon. Took only slightly more damage.
Moral of the story: better play will do you more good than better reforges.

^ True words.

I found I improved my tanking play style in Cata by going out and pulling giant mobs and solo'ing dungeons - really fine-tuned how I played my DK and when I used my CD's. I had a friend of mine who healed me actually really notice the difference when I done this - first comment was, "what have you done differently?... you are no where near as spikey with your HP as you used to be, now you're easy to heal!"

Already the same in MoP - pulling a few large mobs has shown me the subtle differences in style already.
i will be using

Stamina=Mastery>Strength>Parry>Dodge>hit/exp>crit>haste

Deathstrike is % of total health + damage taken + Damage done. more stam more heals, more absorb
Mastery = more % of healing into absorb
strength for higher DS hits for more healing and absorb
Personally I'm going for the Stam>Mastery>parry>dodge>hit/exp priorities, however the other DK tank in our 25 man group is going for a Stam>parry>dodge>mastery build, Both seem Easily managed, His gear is a bit better then mine so it's hard to compare Damage intake really.
avoidance is viable, but it will be less so the further into the expansion we go. Plus the consistency of mastery will make it win out for hardmode progression regardless.
Can you take a look at mine and tell me what you think?
Didn't want the Meta, considering there a lot in our server, and I'll just wait for better gear.
Stats don't matter as much for DKs, you just need to game your runes correctly and know when to death strike. Get the addon blood shield tracker. It will help a lot by telling you how much health you will gain if you death strike at that moment.
Should I be using Swordshattering or Gargoyle? It seems like there's a cap to how much HP you get instead of the 2% increase it states.
10/10/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Tlpjr
Should I be using Swordshattering or Gargoyle?

Swordshattering. 2% extra health is barely noticeable, and SSG is by far your worst source of more EH in terms of opportunity cost. 4% non-DR parry is strong.

10/10/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Tlpjr
It seems like there's a cap to how much HP you get instead of the 2% increase it states.

There is no such cap.
10/09/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Ruckaduck
Deathstrike is % of total health + damage taken + Damage done.

How much damage DS does has NO bearing on how much DS heals for.
So
10/09/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Ruckaduck
strength for higher DS hits for more healing and absorb

is false.

Just wanted to clear it up in case someone new came in and got confused.
Am I the only one that caught this?