best warrior spec for raiding

Warrior
hey i was wondering if someone could let me know the best spec for raiding as a warr. i did vaults last night and was doing abour 40k dps using sweeping strikes cleave and MS. is there a better combo? is fury better than arms? im 463ilevel so i dont think theirs much more items i can get. any info will help thanks.
fury is better as gear gets better, in my personal opinion, so arms is good until you get geared. but im just a noob war. go ask samaeyel and other MUCH more experienced warriors than me.
people are saying SMF is better than dual weilding.
SMF is duel wielding 1handers. As people have said Arms is good if you are running crummy gear. Fury will get better as gear item levels increase, I'm personally running TG because that was the whole point of me leveling a warrior in the first place.

I do believe at the moment SMF pulls ahead of TG in terms of single target, while TG is really good at AoE'n.
SMF is duel wielding 1handers. As people have said Arms is good if you are running crummy gear. Fury will get better as gear item levels increase, I'm personally running TG because that was the whole point of me leveling a warrior in the first place.

I do believe at the moment SMF pulls ahead of TG in terms of single target, while TG is really good at AoE'n.


Basically this SMF pulls ahead in execute phases since you can get more of them off. I would prefer to run it however i cant get 1h's to save me.
i seem to be doing more dps as arms than fury. i use samayael's rotation but for some reason it just doesnt put out as much dps as my arms. is anyone else seeing this?
10/03/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Datwarrior
i seem to be doing more dps as arms than fury. i use samayael's rotation but for some reason it just doesnt put out as much dps as my arms. is anyone else seeing this?

Imo, if you do better as arms than as fury, just play arms. The "best" spec isn't necessarily the best for you. Usually the difference is like 1k dps anyway, which odds are you'll end up losing due to the new play style and it not being your first choice.
For 99% of the wow population dps specs are roughyl equally for warriors. It is the other 1% that can actually push out that little bit of maximized dps to where one spec will out perform the other to a point tht actually matters. I can sit here and tell you that TG > SMF > Arm, but that means nothing if you can't play even play the fury spec.

So here is what I would do if I were you:

1. Best geared spec. If your crit sucks you probably shouldn't go fury yet. 15%-20% unbuffed seems to be where you can get some decent raging blow proces in between berserker rage rage.

2. Go with what you enjoy. If you enjoy arms dps more then do it. Play it the best you can. I gaurntee you will out perform your fury spec if you enjoy arms and play it well.

3. The only real reason I see to switch to arms is for sweeping strikes cleave cheesing for some raid bosses. I just prefer fury though.

4. Make logical decisions about talents. i.e. Bloodbath and Stormbolt aren't as bad as people think. Avatar macros just get people all hot and bothered it seems.
There are no "designated PvP/PvE specs" anymore. Play with whatever you feel comfortable with.
Honestly, different specs are good for different fights.

You just gotta look at what the fight does, and choose what kind of damage you want to do. There aren't many patchwerk fights, so versatility is our biggest asset currently.
SMF is retarded, imo.
Prot.
I like SMF Fury. :)
I'm playing smf right now without much success. Not hit or exp capped and very low crit makes this a difficult and frustrating build to play. I'm contemplating arms until gear improves. I can see how smf will be good later on with a more fluid rotation, but without the gear, it blows.
from my experience, play whatever u want. arms is good requires less gear to improve and have sustained 2target dmg, fury tg have a loot of burst, fury smf sustained dmg is amazing, the only change are the stat priority.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum