No quests in Jade Forest bug, Resolved.

Customer Support
Not sure what the hell is going on but its no fun, yesterday I ran a toon from the start of jade forest up to the monastery quest line with no problems at all, never had no quests, always knew where to go next and so on.

Today I'm running my rogue and only one quest giver was available in Dawn Blossom. After doing that quest I leveled up and now my only quests are to move to the next zone.

For some reason I'm bugged out of doing several chains, Dawn Blossom, The quarry, The jade witch, the ruins and a couple more (all quests I know I did just fine on my other character)... I've ran over every inch of the Jade forest and there isn't a single quest giver available to me any where, leaving me with only about 1/3rd to 1/2 of the entire zones quests done.

I've tried restarting and reloading, deleting my WTF folder, with no luck.
I pecked around with google and at these forums, but I dont see anyone talking about a similar issue, I did make a ticket but as the average wait is 4 and 1/2 days and there isnt even enough room in a ticket to really describe this issue... I thought I'd just post here.

Probably just an exercise in futility, I know.
Hopefully one of the restarts will get em back into the right phase or whatever the heck is going on.
10/04/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Barleybeard
For some reason I'm bugged out of doing several chains, Dawn Blossom, The quarry, The jade witch, the ruins and a couple more (all quests I know I did just fine on my other character)... I've ran over every inch of the Jade forest and there isn't a single quest giver available to me any where, leaving me with only about 1/3rd to 1/2 of the entire zones quests done.

Have you spoken with Toya in Dawn's Blossom and picked up "Welcome to Dawn's Blossom"? That appears to be the one quest available to your Night Elf Rogue, Barleybeard.
That's exactly the problem I am out of phase and there is NO Toya.

Other quest givers are also missing.

edit:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31230/welcome-to-dawns-blossom

found this at wowhead, if you read the comment at the bottom... this is my issue.
Also I just had a long talk with an in-game GM... heres the conversation in screenshots.
the GM gave me "welcome to dawn blossom" but I cannot complete it because in the phase I am in, there is no toya.

Without being able to compelte this quest apparently just as you yourself said... I am ineligable for any other quests.

Hope this gets fixed some day.
10/04/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Barleybeard
the GM gave me "welcome to dawn blossom" but I cannot complete it because in the phase I am in, there is no toya.

Yes, that is one of the problems with just giving a quest that is missing, it doesn't necessarily resolve the issue.

I'm not certain what may have been done to "reset the phasing" it doesn't generally work like that. I'll see what I can find out though.
Thanks very much
One more little tid bit, and I did say this to the in-game GM.

While the wowhead poster seems to think the issue stemmed from questing ahead and going back to dawn blossom.

That was not the cause for me.

Only thing I can think of is, that I did walk to Dawn Blossom, from Pearl Fin, instead of using the flight masters "Take me to Dawn Blossom" option.

Later then I realized I needed to take the flight master from Pearl Fin for that quest (not sure the name, but safe to bet its what triggers Toya and Welcome to Dawn Blossom) I went back to Pearl Fin and used the "take me to dawn blossom" option.

And the rest is, as they say, history.
While the wowhead poster seems to think the issue stemmed from questing ahead and going back to dawn blossom.

That was not the cause for me.

Strange, it does seem that you have completed the quests in the Nectarbreeze Orchard and Tian Monastary. Which may have caused it.

It looks like you received an additional response to your original ticket, so you might give it a try and see if those quests are available to you now.
Only did those after I realized I had nothing else to do... hoping doing something would somehow trigger the others.

The reply to my ticket is just that it was "resolved" by an in-game GM...

Which obviously was him just telling me... Nothing you can do but wait for a Dev to fix it.

So... here I am, waiting.

Wish we could figure out how someone else seemed to have this easily fixed by a GM, when all I'm being met with is... Sorry cant help you, keep waiting.
10/04/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Barleybeard
The reply to my ticket is just that it was "resolved" by an in-game GM...

Yes, however, have you logged into the character? There was an in-game response.
Yes that was the discussion with the GM that I posted in those screenshots.... that you edited out of this thread....
Ah I see what you mean, I thought they just marked it as resolved because we had talked. I just logged in now, so far looks like its ok, I dont have the Welcome to Dawn Blossom quest any more, but I do see quest givers on the mini-map... a marked improvement.
In an in-game mail, the GM left the message that he completed Welcome to Dawn Blossom for me.

Apparently that's all that needed to be done.

Hopefully someone makes a note of that for future reference.
sigh, just as I thought that fixed SOME of it... but not all of it.

I still dont have any way to access The Quarry and The Ruins, quest lines.
ok I found the start of the ruins, so yes I was wrong about that one... pretty sure im right about the quarry, I remember getting the quest from Dawn Blossom to go and talk to the Mean Queen of Green.
spent another hour on my rogue wandering around without any quests in jade forest.

I know for sure I should have access to Greenstone Quarry quest line.

Not sure about, but also dont have any way to start
The Temple of the Jade Serpent
The Battle for the Forest
and
Overcoming Doubt.
10/04/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Barleybeard
I remember getting the quest from Dawn Blossom to go and talk to the Mean Queen of Green.

Yes, I believe that one is from Toya as well. :( If you can reopen your ticket they should be able to take a look.
Hilariously the response to the ticket was...

Go talk to Toya.

(Which just in case anyone needs catching up... is exactly what I cannot do)
A second ticket and they got the right idea, just gave me the quest that leads to the mean queen, which in turn opens a huuuuuuuge line of quests.

I hope someone can take the lesson of not putting so many eggs in one basket.

If I had let this bug go, I would of missed literally dozens of quests, more than half of what Jade Forest offers.