Horde versus Alliance in MoP

General Discussion

Gunship, the most boring fight to ever exist. Please no.

Gunship made a terrible raid boss I'll be the first to admit that.

But there's a lot of potential to utilize naval combat interestingly for Scenarios or Heroics.

No one says it has to involve manning a turret and mashing one button for 5 minutes though, there's other ways to make a decent naval combat encounter.

But the only way players can really interact with things is through clicking on interactive objects, which has always been awful. I dislike that Blizzard has added so many 'interactive events' to their questing. Interactive things are just extremely gimmicky and they break up the fluidity of the game. I just don't see room for players in a naval conflict.
Where is it?

I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.

Don't worry Alliance, you may have had it rough in 4.0, but I'm sure you'll get to strike back in 4.1! Or 4.2... Or 4.3... Or 5.0... Or 5.1...

Not just A city.

South Shore (Biological), Stonetalon Druid School(Conventional), Theramore (Mana).

What new weapon of mass destruction will the Alliance have no chance of defending against next?

Obviously Mogu are gonna join the Horde.

And there will be absolutely no set up to this. The Alliance will be in a position where maybe it might actually win something, and then the Horde will pull a whole bunch of Mogu out of their asses like they did proto-drakes, magnataur and Kraken, and we'll go back to being punching bags.

Alright thanks! It's always good to see some blue response, it shows you care, but i'll hold you to your words.

This is why we can't have nice things. Blues want to comment and give feedback and updates about the progress of things - but they can't because of people like you who want to "hold them to their word" if whatever feature you're drooling over doesn't come out exactly as you feel they described it.

Alright thanks! It's always good to see some blue response, it shows you care, but i'll hold you to your words.

This is why we can't have nice things. Blues want to comment and give feedback and updates about the progress of things - but they can't because of people like you who want to "hold them to their word" if whatever feature you're drooling over doesn't come out exactly as you feel they described it.

On one hand yes, but on the other hand no, I mean that more jokingly, but I can see where you are coming from.

I do agree there are those that get all uptight if things don't play out exactly how they imagined it. (And it never does)
Where is it?

I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.

A storm is a brewin'!

Because they bombed a city.

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.
(And we want their updated maps.)

Not just A city.

South Shore (Biological), Stonetalon Druid School(Conventional), Theramore (Mana).

What new weapon of mass destruction will the Alliance have no chance of defending against next?

you have to somewhat forgive the Orcs, If fighting is not involved they want no part in it. And with Garrosh in charge I doubt the Horde is capable of peaceful actions until he is removed from power.

To be fair outside of needing an excuse for WoW to have PVP there is no reason for the sustained actions of war when the setting seems to have much bigger threats. for that matter if it was not for the damage it would do to gameplay I would bet the other races would break off from the Orcs and form their own faction if they could. The orcs might be strong but without the rest they have no real fight in them.

Alright thanks! It's always good to see some blue response, it shows you care, but i'll hold you to your words. xD

It's to be expected. I'll be here for the flogging should it not be to your satisfaction as always. ;)

Not just A city.

Gilneas, sorta, can't forget that.

Gilneas shouldn't be sorted into the same bin as Stonetalon and Southshore and Theramore. The only reason Gilneas is completely unpopulated is because the developers decided it was a corner they could cut. In the narrative, the Alliance still defends Gilneas against the Forsaken. In fact, the Horde quest content in Silverpine tells some of the story of the 7th Legion and those we left behind.

You could lump Andorhol in with 'em, though. We were making a play for the city, and we seemed to be winning, but then you go back to the questgiver and he tells you "sorry, but we lose cuz Val'kyr. Frack off back to Stormwind."

Alright thanks! It's always good to see some blue response, it shows you care, but i'll hold you to your words. xD

It's to be expected. I'll be here for the flogging should it not be to your satisfaction as always. ;)

Awh... Can we have a proxy then?

I'm really hoping you guys are going to include some naval combat scenarios at the very least.

A naval combat dungeon would be ideal.

Gunship, the most boring fight to ever exist. Please no.

The gunship battle in ICC was fun as hell. Why don't you go back and find the right context for your reply.
So are we only seeing this Horde-Alliance War in Pandaria or is it only going to take place across Azeroth?

This is only my opinion here - but it wouldn't seem like the big, crazy war that's been building up unless it takes place across Azeroth instead of just Pandaria.
10/05/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Nethaera

Neth's getting Flogged?!

*Gasp

>.>

<.<

*popcorn

Gunship made a terrible raid boss I'll be the first to admit that.

But there's a lot of potential to utilize naval combat interestingly for Scenarios or Heroics.

No one says it has to involve manning a turret and mashing one button for 5 minutes though, there's other ways to make a decent naval combat encounter.

But the only way players can really interact with things is through clicking on interactive objects, which has always been awful. I dislike that Blizzard has added so many 'interactive events' to their questing. Interactive things are just extremely gimmicky and they break up the fluidity of the game. I just don't see room for players in a naval conflict.
If they make it a smaller part of the encounter designs it wouldn't be so bad. The rope swing on VC was kind of fun, and a naval battle where you swing from one ship to another while taking down cannons and troops wouldn't be bad. You could even include cannons, just do so as a click-on deal like the harpoon guns for Skadi or similar. :/
So are we only seeing this Horde-Alliance War in Pandaria or is it only going to take place across Azeroth?

This is only my opinion here - but it wouldn't seem like the big, crazy war that's been building up unless it takes place across Azeroth instead of just Pandaria.
My understanding from previous announcements is that we'd see Pandaria change over the content patches- new faction bases built, new battlefields, more destruction, and encroaching sha influence. None of the announcements has made me think we'd see changes to the old zones, though I wouldn't be surprised if a few might get smaller additions.
Just remember, the second one side wins is the second Wow ends. So basically I'm saying I anticipate a stalemate by the end of this.